[PSL XI] PokeMMO Super League Season 11 General Thread

3 hours ago, ApacheHelicopter said:

Was confirmed mutiple time on sunday from both parties it was going to happen, Axlk didn't show up. Offered extension, coolio refused for NO reason.

As far as im aware from what was said in the pm that isnt true. All they had agreed to was "the weekend, preferably after 4pm". I havent had a chance to read through the chat logs you posted but i will once i finish work. If there is anything relevant showing a specific time was agreed upon im more than happy to change the decision. But if its just ghost logging in, saying he can play and then disconnecting i just dont see that as setting a time. 

As for the extension. I didnt give an extension because they didnt deserve one. A week and a day i think week 3 was, is more than enough time to schedule and play a match. coming to me at the 11th hour asking for an extension is poor planning and poor planning on Julian and ghost's part isnt enough justifiction, the precedent this would set wouldnt be great.

16 minutes ago, DaftCoolio said:

As far as im aware from what was said in the pm that isnt true. All they had agreed to was "the weekend, preferably after 4pm". I havent had a chance to read through the chat logs you posted but i will once i finish work. If there is anything relevant showing a specific time was agreed upon im more than happy to change the decision. But if its just ghost logging in, saying he can play and then disconnecting i just dont see that as setting a time. 

As for the extension. I didnt give an extension because they didnt deserve one. A week and a day i think week 3 was, is more than enough time to schedule and play a match. coming to me at the 11th hour asking for an extension is poor planning and poor planning on Julian and ghost's part isnt enough justifiction, the precedent this would set wouldnt be great.

Coolio, you still have a chance to make the right decision. They planned to play the week end like 75% of the players in PSL, you can't blame them.

From my point of view, it's a robbery. We've been robbed, sub HAD to be made by xSparkie and not at like 11am GMT+2 when GMT-4/5 w/e are sleeping, jesus. 

People are fishing for a win without playing their match, it's disgusting, this psl is a mess, this whole thing is a mess. Back in my days when you had tournament (not only pokemmo), you played for honour aswell like @pachima said.

That being said, you either make an extension, or you officialy become the worst host psl have ever seen like a dude you and me know; predicted already.

Edited by ApacheHelicopter
26 minutes ago, DaftCoolio said:

coming to me at the 11th hour asking for an extension is poor planning and poor planning on Julian and ghost's part isnt enough justifiction

No, the justificacion is a nation wide power outage, which imo is enough

27 minutes ago, DaftCoolio said:

the precedent this would set wouldnt be great.

Your current decision sets an even worse presedent, as @pachima noted, it's ridiculous and abusable.

29 minutes ago, DaftCoolio said:

I havent had a chance to read through the chat logs you posted but i will once i finish work. If there is anything relevant showing a specific time was agreed upon im more than happy to change the decision. But if its just ghost logging in, saying he can play and then disconnecting i just dont see that as setting a time. 

Two things here, one, I dont see how axl asking to play rn and me agreeing and posting on forums, going to vermi 4 isn't seen as "setting a time" it's as clear as it gets. Second, the logs are less about axl and more about Sparkie's response to the whole thing, he claimed today that I said something that I didn't (Look a few of my posts back for the exact quote) which is straight up lying. The logs also show how hes made aware that his player isn't showing up, told about the venezuela thing (which he also claims to have learned about today, when he was in fact told yesterday) and also show me specifically saying how I had to work monday @7am, with all of this considered, his response was: going to sleep as I stayed awake looking for his player, then waiting for the next day and then making the sub, knowing that I couldnt make it on that time. If not scummy that is, at the very least, an unesportmant-like attitude on his part, contrary to the "great effort" he claims to have made to get the match propperly played which was one of your own arguments to call a no contest. How could a person put a lot of effort with good intents and be unesportmantlike at the same time? the answer is simple: it's not possible.

4 hours ago, FNTCZ said:

Your current decision sets an even worse presedent, as @pachima noted, it's ridiculous and abusable.

It really isn't, all people have to do is nailed down a time, which if you had done would of got you the win.

4 hours ago, FNTCZ said:

Two things here, one, I dont see how axl asking to play rn and me agreeing and posting on forums, going to vermi 4 isn't seen as "setting a time" it's as clear as it gets.

He asks to play, and then disconnects, obviously he can't play. 

4 hours ago, FNTCZ said:

Second, the logs are less about axl and more about Sparkie's response to the whole thing, he claimed today that I said something that I didn't (Look a few of my posts back for the exact quote) which is straight up lying. The logs also show how hes made aware that his player isn't showing up, told about the venezuela thing (which he also claims to have learned about today, when he was in fact told yesterday) and also show me specifically saying how I had to work monday @7am, with all of this considered, his response was: going to sleep as I stayed awake looking for his player, then waiting for the next day and then making the sub, knowing that I couldnt make it on that time. If not scummy that is, at the very least, an unesportmant-like attitude on his part, contrary to the "great effort" he claims to have made to get the match propperly played which was one of your own arguments to call a no contest. How could a person put a lot of effort with good intents and be unesportmantlike at the same time? the answer is simple: it's not possible.

So reading through those logs Hopy linked of sparkie logging in. He logs in, posts "thought there was a post?" at 23:21:24. Doesn't post anything until 23:24:57 where you get "xSparkie has reconnected." Which would mean he had disconnected some time between 23:21:24 and 23:24:57. In which time, in fact 7 seconds before he reconnects, you post "not to be a uguu but I do have to work @7am tomorrow morning...". It is not just possible, but incredibly likely sparkie was disconnected when you posted that and didn't see the message. He then posts "i need to sleep for work, @ me on dc if nothing happens tonight". In the six or so minutes between that post and him logging out, you say nothing. Hard to say sparkie did anything unsportsmanlike, just a victim of circumstance. 

5 hours ago, DaftCoolio said:

It really isn't, all people have to do is nailed down a time, which if you had done would of got you the win.

He asks to play, and then disconnects, obviously he can't play. 

So reading through those logs Hopy linked of sparkie logging in. He logs in, posts "thought there was a post?" at 23:21:24. Doesn't post anything until 23:24:57 where you get "xSparkie has reconnected." Which would mean he had disconnected some time between 23:21:24 and 23:24:57. In which time, in fact 7 seconds before he reconnects, you post "not to be a uguu but I do have to work @7am tomorrow morning...". It is not just possible, but incredibly likely sparkie was disconnected when you posted that and didn't see the message. He then posts "i need to sleep for work, @ me on dc if nothing happens tonight". In the six or so minutes between that post and him logging out, you say nothing. Hard to say sparkie did anything unsportsmanlike, just a victim of circumstance. 

Saying I said something which I didn't isnt unsportsmanlike like? That's straight up LYING.

What about him not answering or doing nothing when asking to make a sub?

Also both axl and sparkie had connection issues yet we were the one paying for it, im sorry what?

On 4/19/2019 at 3:40 PM, DaftCoolio said:

Once a time is agreed upon by both players post the time of your battle in the thread, I will then endeavour to post the scheduled time the OP.

This is straight from the rules. @DaftCoolio I DEMAND for you to be consistent with the rules you wrote down since day 1 for your damn tournament and back your argument that "posting is not evidence/confirmation of a time being set" it says it right there crystal clear

4 hours ago, FNTCZ said:

This is straight from the rules. @DaftCoolio I DEMAND for you to be consistent with the rules you wrote down since day 1 for your damn tournament and back your argument that "posting is not evidence/confirmation of a time being set" it says it right there crystal clear

This is also straight from the rules "It’s impossible for the host to plan for every situation, its possible something will arise that won’t fall within the bounds of the rules. It is important to remember the final decision lies with the host."

2 hours ago, DaftCoolio said:

This is also straight from the rules "It’s impossible for the host to plan for every situation, its possible something will arise that won’t fall within the bounds of the rules. It is important to remember the final decision lies with the host."

I'm sorry but that is meant for extraordinary situations, like those that would warrant an extension for instance.

what happened here is not the host failing to plan for every possible situation. It's clear-cut what the rule says and you are going against it, you can't hide from that. At this point why have rules at all?

If someone told me right after the draft that the first drama of the season would be about the gardevoirs needing a win to tie the krooks, I'd probably ask for some of whatever they're smoking. 

Image result for cigar gif

carry on

Edited by calidubstep
hecking gifs wont work

Hello again friends. It seems I was wrong to not allow an extension for the Julian vs Ghost match. I stand by not giving either player the win but it seems the consensus is there should of been an extension. I was against an extension because of how little effort went in to planning their match to begin with, a vague time and leaving it until the last minute knowing Ghost had power problems.

Julian and Ghost will be given an extension until the end of Week 4. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.