[PSL XI] PokeMMO Super League Season 11 General Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Your Week 3 activity decisions:

Pitzzin vs Kiwikidd. As far as I can tell they were meant to play on sunday but Kiwi fell asleep and missed there time. They were unable to reschedule before the deadline. Pitzzin is given the activity win.

AxLKGhost vs iJulianFNT. What this really boils down to is that no specific time was set. All that was agreed to was to play on the "weekend, preferably Sunday after 4pm", this isn't even specifically Sunday after 4pm.

Ghost was around Saturday but Julian wasn't. Julian was around Sunday but Ghost didn't log in until late Sunday. Ghost and Julian then went to play, Julian posted in the thread, but Ghost immediately disconnected. Julian waited a bit over an hour for Ghost to reconnect, but was busy the next day and had to go to sleep so logged off. Ghost reconnected later Sunday night, available to play, but Julian had already gone. Julian was unable to play on Monday and Sparkie subbed in Kezpal with eight hours until the deadline.

Again what it comes back to is no specific time being set. Ghost was around Saturday and only late Sunday while Julian was around Sunday. Ghost logging in saying he could play and then immediately disconnecting isn't setting a time regardless of whether Julian posted in the thread or not. The time that was set was the weekend, preferably Sunday after 4pm. Its the vague nature of this which has created the problem. You could argue that when Ghost did reconnect late Sunday it was still in the Sunday after 4pm time frame preferable to Julian. 

All in all the match is declared a no contest. Both parties showed reasonable effort to play the match, but the vagueness of the time they set means I can't justify giving one player the win over the other. It's really both players fault for not setting a specific time at the outset. 

11 minutes ago, DaftCoolio said:

AxLKGhost vs iJulianFNT. What this really boils down to is that no specific time was set

Im sorry but my ass no specific time was set.

We met at the vermilion 4 table and posted on forums that we were going to play in 10 minutes. THAT IS SETTING A SPECIFIC TIME. 10 MINUTES AFTER THE POST.

He didn't dc immediately after posting, he went offline at about 10:20pm, that's 20 minutes after we said we were going to play

Edited by FNTCZ
19 minutes ago, FNTCZ said:

Im sorry but my ass no specific time was set.

We met at the vermilion 4 table and posted on forums that we were going to play in 10 minutes. THAT IS SETTING A SPECIFIC TIME. 10 MINUTES AFTER THE POST.

He didn't dc immediately after posting, he went offline at about 10:20pm, that's 20 minutes after we said we were going to play

10/10 evasion skillz

Ok, since I couldn't get a straight answer to any of my points by neither @DaftCoolio or @xSparkie in the private chat about last weeks decision I decided to leave it here in public instead so they can't dodge.

Coolio, since every psl ever posting on forums that you're playing in 10 minutes is setting a time and that time is 10 minutes after the post. We agreed on that time. That's just how it's always been. He reconected at 11:40 pm: a whole two hours after the agreed upon time (that's what am calling it from here) and 20 minutes before midnight, even his manager and the whole vermilion crowd that came to spectate the match were gone by that point, so was I.

At last that's what it comes down to. A specific time was set and not met by one of the parties. I told his manager in normal chat that I wasn't available to play the next day because of work, maybe he didn't read that because he was sleepy but how am I responsible for that? He and his captain were online at the time aswell as two available valid subs, they knew axl wasn't showing on time to the match yet they didn't act immediately but rather waited 8 hours after the fact to try and make a substitution with a terrible timing (monday morning, couple of hours before the deadline is the worst time to try and get your opponent to find a new player available to play because most people are sleeping if they don't have to work or working if they do).

A void makes no sense, that gives the w to sparkies teams and it's basically rewarding them by not showing up OR trying to solve the problem on time.

Axl might have had technical issues, sure that is comprenhensible altought it doesn't mean he didnt commit the fault, in previous psl's players have dc'd while having the match won yet they had to eat the L because even if it wasn't in their control, they still commited the fault (ie: YettoDie's match last psl comes to mind, he was up 5-2 with timbur in vs 2 fighting weak mons on the opposing side, not even double crits coulda killed him after drain punch recovery, he dc'd and he had to eat the L even if it wasn't his fault. I think there was another one involving an earthquake or something like that. Even I have been awarded a yellow card for not putting dnd on even when I was recording and I could prove with that video that I wasnt whispering anyone and I simply forgot about enabling it, no malicious intentions). 

But anyways, what really really pissed me off is sparkie being online, knowing that his player isnt showing up and saying "well, gonna go to sleep anyways, got work tomorrow morning" ffs I had to work the next day aswell yet I stood there waiting for his player to show up or his manager to solve the thing: the former didn't and the later went to sleep LMAO. you just can't call making a substitution 8 hours after you knew of what happened and 8 hours before the deadline on a MONDAY MORNING as "putting in a lot of effort", I'm sorry but you just can't say that if you didn't even try and stay awake to actually put in said effort.

Lmao alright, like I mentioned in our chat already I wasn't fully aware of the situation. Yes I did log on after Lkrenz @'d me on discord. I was already sleeping but his notification woke me up so I got on for a few mins. You said AxL got on and then disconnected again so I figured he was coming back. I wasn't updated on the whole Venezuela thing until later on. Before I got off, I literally said to @ me on discord if it didn't look like the match was happening. I have a long ass commute to work, and I wasn't the one who scheduled or planned to fight at night so I don't see why I'm not allowed to get some rest? H u h. If I got contacted, then yeah I would've hopped back on. And this is without me knowing you weren't available on Monday. You said you said it in normal chat but I probably missed that since I was barely even awake. Didn't hurt to try to reach out to me via DM or psl discord though.

Edited by xSparkie

We must not forget to mention we wanted the match to be played since we asked coolio for an extention just right after axl dcd and we knew Julian couldn't play on Monday. We weren't going to make a sub on Monday, any scenario where Julian wasn't playing the match would be a disadventaje for us, we all know he's one of the best dubs players and i'm not understimating anyone here, but we had big chances of winning and get an important point for us.

It's easy just act like something happened and try to dodge Julian to play someone else. I'm not saying it was on purpose, but it isn't our fault, match should have happened on Sunday and it was Axl who dcd, if there's no extention, it's clear Julian deserves the activity win.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING ?

Serious question, Coolio, do you have any syndrome ? Because it looks like it ?

Why, tell me WHY would you punish a team who was there during the time it was settled ? WHO in hell would do that ? They scheduled their match during the week end, both were online at the same time on sunday, they announced their match with the regular 10 minutes posts, yet AxlKGhost DIDN'T SHOW UP, so you decide not to postpone, or activity win for us, you just decided to No Contest ?

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND ?

That's the most dumb decision I've ever seen, you're litteraly punishing a team who did everything by the rules and rewarding a team who did not. 

I can't believe what I'm seeing right now, it's just absolute garbage. You're a disgrace Coolio.

19 minutes ago, xSparkie said:

I was already sleeping but his notification woke me up so I got on for a few mins. You said AxL got on and then disconnected again so I figured he was coming back. I wasn't updated on the whole Venezuela thing until later on.

You saw him disconnect after he had said that he had power problems earlier that thay, how did you  "figure he was coming back" then? I call bs. And somehow you thought that I said he was coming back (like I would know, lmao what???) But didn't catch the part where I said I had to work monday morning? Being sleepy is one thing but this is something else you might've aswell been daydreaming with such imagination.

And by the way, the "whole Venezuela thing" is now been going on for years. Just in mmo players have had this issue in previous PSLs and world cup matches as well as automated tournaments, and that's just in this game. Are you telling me you weren't aware that Venezuela is in crisis and the government has had trouble keeping a constant source of power/water/food ever since Chavez's death? Not knowing that is not an argument for this discussion, it's living under a rock.

Edited by FNTCZ
Coolio is bad

I don't really get how you can agree with that @xSparkie. I mean, you know, I like you and stuff and I've always tried to make things fair when something like this was going on (cf: TT 1vs1 Metronome). 

I don't get why you  agree with such a massive amount of flummery. All we both needed to make it fair was an extension and yet you never went down that way as far as I know.

12 minutes ago, FNTCZ said:

Ok, since I couldn't get a straight answer to any of my points by neither @DaftCoolio or @xSparkie in the private chat about last weeks decision I decided to leave it here in public instead so they can't dodge.

Coolio, since every psl ever posting on forums that you're playing in 10 minutes is setting a time and that time is 10 minutes after the post. We agreed on that time. That's just how it's always been. He reconected at 11:40 pm: a whole two hours after the agreed upon time (that's what am calling it from here) and 20 minutes before midnight, even his manager and the whole vermilion crowd that came to spectate the match were gone by that point, so was I.

At last that's what it comes down to. A specific time was set and not met by one of the parties. I told his manager in normal chat that I wasn't available to play the next day because of work, maybe he didn't read that because he was sleepy but how am I responsible for that? He and his captain were online at the time aswell as two available valid subs, they knew axl wasn't showing on time to the match yet they didn't act immediately but rather waited 8 hours after the fact to try and make a substitution with a terrible timing (monday morning, couple of hours before the deadline is the worst time to try and get your opponent to find a new player available to play because most people are sleeping if they don't have to work or working if they do).

A void makes no sense, that gives the w to sparkies teams and it's basically rewarding them by not showing up OR trying to solve the problem on time.

Axl might have had technical issues, sure that is comprenhensible altought it doesn't mean he didnt commit the fault, in previous psl's players have dc'd while having the match won yet they had to eat the L because even if it wasn't in their control, they still commited the fault (ie: YettoDie's match last psl comes to mind, he was up 5-2 with timbur in vs 2 fighting weak mons on the opposing side, not even double crits coulda killed him after drain punch recovery, he dc'd and he had to eat the L even if it wasn't his fault. I think there was another one involving an earthquake or something like that. Even I have been awarded a yellow card for not putting dnd on even when I was recording and I could prove with that video that I wasnt whispering anyone and I simply forgot about enabling it, no malicious intentions). 

But anyways, what really really pissed me off is sparkie being online, knowing that his player isnt showing up and saying "well, gonna go to sleep anyways, got work tomorrow morning" ffs I had to work the next day aswell yet I stood there waiting for his player to show up or his manager to solve the thing: the former didn't and the later went to sleep LMAO. you just can't call making a substitution 8 hours after you knew of what happened and 8 hours before the deadline on a MONDAY MORNING as "putting in a lot of effort", I'm sorry but you just can't say that if you didn't even try and stay awake to actually put in said effort.

What i was more focused on in the pm was seeing what happened. There was a lot of stuff in there that wasnt really relevant and replying to it all would of taken a while. 

Posting the 10 minute isnt setting a time its letting everyone know your about to play, its a courtesy to spectators. The time you set was the weekend preferably sunday after 4pm. 

The result of the week is irrelevant in making the decision.

Reasonable effort was ghost being available on saturday and late sunday as well as the sub. As in your case reasonable effort was being available sunday. 

At work and on phone sorry this is brief.

5 minutes ago, DaftCoolio said:

What i was more focused on in the pm was seeing what happened. There was a lot of stuff in there that wasnt really relevant and replying to it all would of taken a while. 

Posting the 10 minute isnt setting a time its letting everyone know your about to play, its a courtesy to spectators. The time you set was the weekend preferably sunday after 4pm. 

The result of the week is irrelevant in making the decision.

Reasonable effort was ghost being available on saturday and late sunday as well as the sub. As in your case reasonable effort was being available sunday. 

At work and on phone sorry this is brief.

If I tell you "let's play now" and you reply me "yes" isn't that setting a time? We're playing NOW. That's what happened and Axl failed to show up, while Julian didn't.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.