[PSL XI] PokeMMO Super League Season 11 General Thread

Just now, gbwead said:

I'm done arguing about your link. You may believe it was relevant, but it really wasn't.

You're right, it's not relevant because every game that you play is a 100-0 scenario.

Just now, gbwead said:

Nik, stop fucking around. You can either show us how to use a defogger in a rain team without any switch to Ferrothorn against another rain team with Ferrothorn or you can just stfu. All talk, no action. 

Effort. 

Just now, gbwead said:

Link as many irrelevant showdown replays as you want, backtrack your own statements as much as you want, but it doesn't change that what you said initially was a shitty analysis driven by your hate. Just because someome disagrees with your views doesn't mean you should be hateful, but you're free to be an asshole if you wish.

I don't know why you think I have hatred. My feelings are more of pity / shock / annoyance. 

Just now, gbwead said:

Alright, show us how it's done then. From experience, I know what you suggested would never work. You're the first one to trash others when they lose. I'll be the first to do the same with you once you lose using that strategy. 

I brought up Kriliin's game because you had to go make a snarky comment such as "It would be ideal if the nostalgic shitheads would cry in silence." You could've just kept shut after Laz's statement but you decided not to, so I mocked your performance vs Aw. If I wanted to trash Kriliin's performance I'd have posted something shortly after TT was over. You have this weird presumption that anyone whose views differ from yours holds a grudge against you.

Just now, gbwead said:

If I say you're out of touch with the meta and ask you to prove yourself in MMO, you think talking to me about you competing in WCOP is relevant???? How the fuck is competing in WCOP will help you prove yourself in MMO? It wouldn't. Don't bother trying to follow my train of thought when can't keep up with basic logic. You're not an active player, so it's pretty reasonable to say that you're out of touch.

Holy shit. You wanted me to play MMO not to prove me being in touch with the meta, but to prove myself to be better than the newcomers. I said you could judge my skill level based on my performance on players that are a lot more recognized than MMO's, that way you'd have a sense of where I stand. Your insistence on one being an active player to win is really dumb, when an inactive team just beat you in TT. 

Just now, gbwead said:

You want a baseless statement. That's a good one. Keep up with the bullshit.

Give me a list of ten or more good players that are missing from the unofficial tour I took part in. Key word being good. 

Just now, gbwead said:

The all mighty NikhilR has spoken! How dare I say some chinese players would be able to compete against someone as remarkable as you. Seriously, your ego is really something else. Challenging your claim that old comp scene > new comp scene is pointless since a narcissitic PoS like yourself will not accept anything but praise from others. You won't get any from me, keep crying.

Again, you've not shown me how the Chinese would be able to stand against me, but instead attack my ego, which admittedly I do have. Also, I even complimented kiwidd on his performance in TT yesterday, so it's not like I can't acknowledge when someone has played good. Jesus, you take everything so personally that you even had to go as far as to call me a PoS. This is the part where I link 4f's YouTube video:

5 hours ago, Parke said:

Your point here would be relevant if I had any part to do with the coaching that happened, which I didn't and always denied even knowing it was happening (which I literally didnt know it was happening) On top of that, half of the game knows that every top SIA player are on a group call on discord during any big matches/officials tournaments etc, so I guess that automatically rules out any SIA player managing? I've never once said I condone coaching or even think it's a good thing but I sure as shit know it's gonna happen regardless. (and before any SIA players attack me for this, I literally have screenshots of MKNS admitting it happens to me, and also another screenshot of Pinklabel saying the same DURING THE TIME IT HAPPENED WHEN I MANAGED FOR PSL)

On that note, lets talk about how there was literally a SIA player managing the season after the whole scandal happened, despite the fact I provided evidence during the time the scandal happened to the council saying SIA players coach all the time on their server, and it was literally ignored prettymuch.

PSL has become a shit show, and it will pertain to be one as long as this conversation is even a thing, I get we cant straight up ban coaching, but I also know we cant stop it. All I can do is not participate in it myself, which up until this point, I have done.

Also, I'm not using the above argument as a way to save myself, or fight to be a manager, I signed up for manager because @RysPiczasked me to, if I dont get manager I literally couldnt care less. I just think it's dumb to punish me when I had literally zero part to do with the whole shit that went down.

Did you just compare coaching in tournaments and coaching in PSL, not quite sure but I think one is allowed and the other isn't so WHAT'S THE FKIN MATTER ???

1 hour ago, MknsZblex said:

Kq2fBky.png

OPA #1

also too lazy to quote pachima earlier but ur great>good>>trash post was trash

there are like 5 old players in the game that deserve to be called great, the rest are DoubleJ or Fred's tier : totally irrelevant.

nice fucking books u wrote btw gb & nik

Edited by Kamimiii
On 4/27/2019 at 6:39 AM, NikhilR said:

16) Zymogen - I know who he is, but I don't know how good he is

gb was just saying that you should know me from how much i talk out of my ass, not from how good of a player i am - that would be absurd 

1 hour ago, NikhilR said:

You're right, it's not relevant because every game that you play is a 100-0 scenario.

Effort. 

You trash Kriliin for not using a taunt/defogger to beat Ferrothorn.

You show a replay of Ferrothorn beating the shit out of a taunt/deffoger user that never had to use defog in front of Ferrothorn.  

Pitiful and not relevant.

I brought up Kriliin's game because you had to go make a snarky comment such as "It would be ideal if the nostalgic shitheads would cry in silence." You could've just kept shut after Laz's statement but you decided not to, so I mocked your performance vs Aw. If I wanted to trash Kriliin's performance I'd have posted something shortly after TT was over. You have this weird presumption that anyone whose views differ from yours holds a grudge against you.

I argue all the time. With friends, family, coworkers, that's how I was raised and that's how I will always be. I'm completly fine with people that disagree with me. It can be healthy to argue. However, I can tell when someone is being hateful and that's how you are.

You know who could shut up? Fred. Why did he attack the new comp scene? Why can't we defend ourselves? You wanted to make a point to belittle us without being able to prove anything except that you believe your word is gold because of that made up irrelevant win rate of yours. The debate was done. Then Laz was being nostalgic about the trashtalk. I replied. Neither laz or me talked about the comp scene. You brought back the debate on your own, but because the first time it didn't end the way you wanted, you decided to go personal this time. The defog argument you used proved that you wanted to trash Kriliin despite not having watched the duel. You're a hater. 

Holy shit. You wanted me to play MMO not to prove me being in touch with the meta, but to prove myself to be better than the newcomers. I said you could judge my skill level based on my performance on players that are a lot more recognized than MMO's, that way you'd have a sense of where I stand.

I never attacked you on your skill level Nik. Why do you keep bringing this up? A good player in LC won't necessarily be good in Doubles. An inactive showdown player might do great there, but won't know much of what is going on in MMO. This is very simple. Anyone with half a brain can understand this. 

Your insistence on one being an active player to win is really dumb, when an inactive team just beat you in TT. 

??? Please seek the help you need. 

Give me a list of ten or more good players that are missing from the unofficial tour I took part in. Key word being good. 

What's the point? I already gave you a list and you didn't even know Lotus was a good player, so talking to you about Yeikochu or Babylo is a waste of time. You're talking out of your ass too much. Believe as much as you want that you won against the best of the best, but don't force that bullshit on others when you don't know anything. 

Again, you've not shown me how the Chinese would be able to stand against me, but instead attack my ego, which admittedly I do have. 

I don't have to show you anything because I don't owe you anything. You're the one choosing to not get to know the newcomers, that's your problem not mine. You can assume being better than them, but that assumption will remain a figment of your narcissist imagination.

Also, I even complimented kiwidd on his performance in TT yesterday, so it's not like I can't acknowledge when someone has played good. Jesus, you take everything so personally that you even had to go as far as to call me a PoS.

Oh poor Nik :( You got called of PoS because you were acting like an egocentric scum. Cry, victimize yourself, keep it up.

Edited by gbwead

@gbwead I just read that you said I'm looking down on the competitive community from my high horse. The only post that I wrote that may have inferred that was when I said old top tier players who committed as much time as they did before would likely be at the top now too. If you thought I was taking shots at skill level when I wrote that the old community was better, I wasn't. I meant that the community was just a better atmosphere and felt more competitive because of how close we all were. I guess I should have wrote a novel too so that y'all don't get your uguu in a bunch. 

1 minute ago, DoubleJ said:

@gbwead I just read that you said I'm looking down on the competitive community from my high horse. The only post that I wrote that may have inferred that was when I said old top tier players who committed as much time as they did before would likely be at the top now too. If you thought I was taking shots at skill level when I wrote that the old community was better, I wasn't. I meant that the community was just a better atmosphere and felt more competitive because of how close we all were. I guess I should have wrote a novel too so that y'all don't get your uguu in a bunch. 

You're right. When looking back, I really should not have said that about you. I apologize.

Just now, gbwead said:

You trash Kriliin for not using a taunt/defogger to beat Ferrothorn.

You show a replay of Ferrothorn beating the shit out of a taunt/deffoger user that never had to use defog in front of Ferrothorn.  

Pitiful and not relevant.

1) The Tornadus and Fini had to use Taunt to prevent rocks didn't they?

2) And if they lost the "50/50" and used taunt, Ferro could've gyro ball'd or power whip'd for massive damage, correct?

3) Isn't that almost similar here where if rocks are on a field, and Gliscor taunts to prevent further spikes / leech seed, Ferri could've power whipped? Or the Gliscor could've defogged and the Ferro could've leech seeded to pressure the Gliscor? 

4) Are these not "50/50s" that both players have to deal with?

Just now, gbwead said:

I argue all the time. With friends, family, coworkers, that's how I was raised and that's how I will always be. I'm completly fine with people that disagree with me. It can be healthy to argue. However, I can tell when someone is being hateful and that's how you are.

No, I don't believe you. This is simply your word, not a fact, just your opinion. If you can get your family and coworkers to come here and tell me that you're fine with disagreement, then I'll believe you.

This is me mocking you for what you said to me earlier about my record not being factual, just incase anyone else struggled to catch the sarcasm 

Just now, gbwead said:

You know who could shut up? Fred. Why did he attack the new comp scene? Why can't we defend ourselves? You wanted to make a point to belittle us without being able to prove anything except that you believe your word is gold because of that made up irrelevant win rate of yours. The debate was done. Then Laz was being nostalgic about the trashtalk. I replied. Neither laz or me talked about the comp scene. You brought back the debate on your own, but because the first time it didn't end the way you wanted, you decided to go personal this time. The defog argument you used proved that you wanted to trash Kriliin despite not having watched the duel. You're a hater. 

My point still stands that reaching quarters of a CC is not the equivalent of reaching finals of a 32 man tour back then: 

This is what Laz said, "The shittalk used to be classy and fun to read, now people with anger problems spread their hate on the forum for various reasons and call it a shittalk, how boring."

And you got offended by my earlier viewpoint of newer players being less skillful and decided to call us (including me) nostalgic shitheads. That's what we call a massive overreaction. So to re-inforce my stance, I picked out the finals of the TT I watched yesterday. 

Just now, gbwead said:

I never attacked you on your skill level Nik. Why do you keep bringing this up? A good player in LC won't necessarily be good in Doubles. An inactive showdown player might do great there, but won't know much of what is going on in MMO. This is very simple. Anyone with half a brain can understand this. 

You said, "It's cute that you think you're so much better than all the new players, but really it's just laughable, kiddo." Idk man, that's obviously putting a value on my skill level, and if it's lower than the newer players, I think that's an attack on my skill level. Not an attack in the offensive sense, but a judgment. Your comparison is way off between LC and Doubles because they are two completely different formats. If a player is good in a singles tier, they can just as easily be good in other with the requisite knowledge. So if I can play a singles showdown tier at a high level, I can definitely do the same in MMO. 

Just now, gbwead said:

What's the point? I already gave you a list and you didn't even know Lotus was a good player, so talking to you about Yeikochu or Babylo is a waste of time. You're talking out of your ass too much. Believe as much as you want that you won against the best of the best, but don't force that bullshit on others when you don't know anything. 

I'm pretty sure I know who Lotus is, but him being good again is arguable. I don't remember watching much of his duels, but I remember him in losing in TT and the loss he had vs Jovi in PSL. Granted I haven't seen much from him to make such a determination either. Also, I simply conceded to a lot of players being good because I gave you the benefit of the doubt since I wasn't able to tell with accuracy. Moreover, I got shit from pachima for claiming Redav to be a good player simply because I saw him have official wins under his name:

67535f1278.JPG

So, I'm sure that the skill level of a lot of the players on the list is very much arguable. And yea, I have no idea who the Yeikochu or Babylo are, but I'm definitely going to assume I'm ahead of them by light years, cuz ego. Also shout out to my LYLE homeboys for achieving success irl too #flexxx

Just now, gbwead said:

I don't have to show you anything because I don't owe you anything. You're the one choosing to not get to know the newcomers, that's your problem not mine. You can assume being better than them, but that assumption will remain a figment of your narcissist imagination.

Surprise.

Just now, gbwead said:

Oh poor Nik :( You got called of PoS because you were acting like an egocentric scum. Cry, victimize yourself, keep it up.

Oh dude, I'm definitely being an asshole rn, but again I really do feel that you're taking this way too seriously. You should definitely get some thicker skin. I was just as emotional as you were, and it isn't good. You might tell me to fuck off and mind my own business, but I am 100% serious when I say that you get offended way too easily. First you called me a shithead, then a POS, and now an egocentric scum. If it was Kami talking, I'd understand it was a part of his vocabulary, but since it's not a regular part of yours, it means you're taking this personally. 

1 hour ago, fredrichnietze said:

@DoubleJ while you are here, could you enlighten us about what you of parkes guilt or innocence? 

Parke was legit the best manager I played for. He worked hard as fuck and despite my shitty record, he helped me be better too. I coached a few players throughout the season without Parke knowing, but he did ask me to come online and help Barrage with his match in the playoffs, since we built the team for him. That's about it. 

1) The Tornadus and Fini had to use Taunt to prevent rocks didn't they?

2) And if they lost the "50/50" and used taunt, Ferro could've gyro ball'd or power whip'd for massive damage, correct?

3) Isn't that almost similar here where if rocks are on a field, and Gliscor taunts to prevent further spikes / leech seed, Ferri could've power whipped? Or the Gliscor could've defogged and the Ferro could've leech seeded to pressure the Gliscor? 

4) Are these not "50/50s" that both players have to deal with?

I already explained this. The 50/50s we were talking involved defog. Those do not involved defog. So it was irrelevant in that sense. If you meant to show me what a 50/50 looks like, then  that makes you a condescending asshole for thinking I need a lecture about what a 50/50 looks like. 

My point still stands that reaching quarters of a CC is not the equivalent of reaching finals of a 32 man tour back then: 

This is what Laz said, "The shittalk used to be classy and fun to read, now people with anger problems spread their hate on the forum for various reasons and call it a shittalk, how boring."

And you got offended by my earlier viewpoint of newer players being less skillful and decided to call us (including me) nostalgic shitheads. That's what we call a massive overreaction. So to re-inforce my stance, I picked out the finals of the TT I watched yesterday. 

I'm not offended by your deluded views. I don't have to share those views especially when you present them as if they were facts when there are nothing more than the opinion of an inactive player that doesn't know much about the current competitive scene. 

Fred started attacking the new competitive scene and you backed him up when we tried to defend ourselves. No one asks for that crap. I replied to Laz crying about the shittalk with shitalk. That wasn't directed at you, I thought it was just in the spirit of what he just said, but you took offense to it. I get why you got offended by that, but that wasn't meant as an attack, just some harmless shitalk (not really an overreaction imo), I didn't mean to upset you with that post. I'm still surprised that you decided to attack Kriliin and Sia instead of just addressing what bothered you about what I said. 

No, I don't believe you. This is simply your word, not a fact, just your opinion. If you can get your family and coworkers to come here and tell me that you're fine with disagreement, then I'll believe you.

I wouldn't really care whether you believe me or not. You're the one that wanted me to give you credit for that win rate. You want me to believe you and, like I said earlier, it wouldn't even matter if I believe you or not, because those wins would not be that impressive imo.

You said, "It's cute that you think you're so much better than all the new players, but really it's just laughable, kiddo." Idk man, that's obviously putting a value on my skill level, and if it's lower than the newer players, I think that's an attack on my skill level. Not an attack in the offensive sense, but a judgment. Your comparison is way off between LC and Doubles because they are two completely different formats. If a player is good in a singles tier, they can just as easily be good in other with the requisite knowledge. So if I can play a singles showdown tier at a high level, I can definitely do the same in MMO. 

That's not me attacking your skill level. If you see what I said as putting a value on your skill level, that doesn't make it an attack. There shouldn't be any thing offensing about saying that you're not better than the newcomers. I didn't say you were worse. It shouldn't be an attack to consider you equal, but to you the mere thought that someone doesn't see you as some kind of legend is an attack. It doesn't matter if you can play at high level in showdown, if you don't have the meta knowledge you won't prepare for the right threats and you won't know what is common and what isn't. Usage also wouldn't help you because high ladder and later tournaments stages follow a more developped meta.

I'm pretty sure I know who Lotus is, but him being good again is arguable. I don't remember watching much of his duels, but I remember him in losing in TT and the loss he had vs Jovi in PSL. Granted I haven't seen much from him to make such a determination either. Also, I simply conceded to a lot of players being good because I gave you the benefit of the doubt since I wasn't able to tell with accuracy. Moreover, I got shit from pachima for claiming Redav to be a good player simply because I saw him have official wins under his name:

67535f1278.JPG

So, I'm sure that the skill level of a lot of the players on the list is very much arguable. And yea, I have no idea who the Yeikochu or Babylo are, but I'm definitely going to assume I'm ahead of them by light years, cuz ego. Also shout out to my LYLE homeboys for achieving success irl too #flexxx

Lotus is way better than everything I have ever seen from Barrage and a good portion of the old school players you listed earlier about the 2013 bracket. About Redav, whether he is good or not, he might not play perfectly all the time, but it really doesn't matter because he plays better than a vast majority of the comp scene. That doesn't make the rest of the comp scene bad. Newcomers have more noobs, it's normal. However, we also have more good players as well. If you're going to assume you're better based on thin air, why do you even bother posting? Only your close friends will give into the attention seeking you need. Don't expect the same from others.

Oh dude, I'm definitely being an asshole rn, but again I really do feel that you're taking this way too seriously. You should definitely get some thicker skin. I was just as emotional as you were, and it isn't good. You might tell me to fuck off and mind my own business, but I am 100% serious when I say that you get offended way too easily. First you called me a shithead, then a POS, and now an egocentric scum. If it was Kami talking, I'd understand it was a part of his vocabulary, but since it's not a regular part of yours, it means you're taking this personally. 

I don't like assholes. Not sry, but let's move on.

Edited by gbwead
4 hours ago, gbwead said:

Fred started attacking the new competitive scene and you backed him up when we tried to defend ourselves. No one asks for that crap. I replied to Laz crying about the shittalk with shitalk

like lies, all the best shit talk have at least some truth to them otherwise they wouldnt hurt as much. 

Just now, gbwead said:

I already explained this. The 50/50s we were talking involved defog. Those do not involved defog. So it was irrelevant in that sense. If you meant to show me what a 50/50 looks like, then  that makes you a condescending asshole for thinking I need a lecture about what a 50/50 looks like. 

But those 50/50s there do carry a risk of potentially being punished for taunting. Similarly, Ferrothorn can punish Gliscor defogging by leech seeding, which results in the 50/50 that Gliscor has to perhaps taunt first, but at the risk that Ferro either power whips or switches out, thereby leaving rocks on the field. You literally stated that you hated using Defog Gliscor for dealing with Ferrothorn because there were 50/50s involved. I'm not being condescending when I am saying that it really isn't a 50/50, but an opportunity for you to either outplay or get outplayed, aka playing the game. 

Just now, gbwead said:

I'm not offended by your deluded views. I don't have to share those views especially when you present them as if they were facts when there are nothing more than the opinion of an inactive player that doesn't know much about the current competitive scene. 

On what basis are you saying that I don't know the meta? I log in at least once per month, which really is enough to know what it's like. You still don't tell me why knowing about the meta is even important. 

Just now, gbwead said:

Fred started attacking the new competitive scene and you backed him up when we tried to defend ourselves. No one asks for that crap. I replied to Laz crying about the shittalk with shitalk. That wasn't directed at you, I thought it was just in the spirit of what he just said, but you took offense to it. I get why you got offended by that, but that wasn't meant as an attack, just some harmless shitalk (not really an overreaction imo), I didn't mean to upset you with that post. I'm still surprised that you decided to attack Kriliin and Sia instead of just addressing what bothered you about what I said. 

Man, the way you twist or misconstrue things is amazing. That bolded statement is so full of shit because you made a claim that quarters of CC is equivalent to a 32 man tournament then. You made a bullshit statement, so obviously I corrected it. You're also being full of shit when you said that the "nostalgic shithead" wasn't directed at me, moreover it simply was unnecessary. I'm just surprised how someone would shittalk after losing in finals of TT, that's what bothered me. I wouldn't have said anything if you guys won TT and in a very convincing manner because you guys would have earned the bragging rights for that. But to claim that the current flock of players is better and then the next day going into the finals of TT with simply match-up fishing, it was just surprising. 

Just now, gbwead said:

I wouldn't really care whether you believe me or not. You're the one that wanted me to give you credit for that win rate. You want me to believe you and, like I said earlier, it wouldn't even matter if I believe you or not, because those wins would not be that impressive imo.

Your reason for my wins not being impressive is because I didn't "win" anything. In other words, it wasn't the finals of a tour or a prestigious event. That's not what's important. I'd always value beating a reputed player over beating randoms. So, please look at my earlier brackets and tell me that my wins weren't against players that you deem good. Because if those brackets prove that I did beat good players, then I don't know what else is there to add. 

Just now, gbwead said:

That's not me attacking your skill level. If you see what I said as putting a value on your skill level, that doesn't make it an attack. There shouldn't be any thing offensing about saying that you're not better than the newcomers. I didn't say you were worse. It shouldn't be an attack to consider you equal, but to you the mere thought that someone doesn't see you as some kind of legend is an attack. It doesn't matter if you can play at high level in showdown, if you don't have the meta knowledge you won't prepare for the right threats and you won't know what is common and what isn't. Usage also wouldn't help you because high ladder and later tournaments stages follow a more developped meta.

Oh dude I explained earlier that I didn't refer to attack in an offensive way. But I did think you were putting a value on my skill. You're confusing knowledge with skill. My point is that I possess the skills to compete at the high stages, so there's really nothing to stop me from doing the same in MMO once I gain this "knowledge," right? 

Just now, gbwead said:

Lotus is way better than everything I have ever seen from Barrage and a good portion of the old school players you listed earlier about the 2013 bracket. About Redav, whether he is good or not, he might not play perfectly all the time, but it really doesn't matter because he plays better than a vast majority of the comp scene. That doesn't make the rest of the comp scene bad. Newcomers have more noobs, it's normal. However, we also have more good players as well. If you're going to assume you're better based on thin air, why do you even bother posting? Only your close friends will give into the attention seeking you need. Don't expect the same from others.

The reason I assume I'm better than most of them is because I'm a more proven commodity. 

Just now, Kamimiii said:

Gb prolly uses these "poetic insults" at least 10 times more often than I do, and in comparison, I'd say he shittalks as much as me.

Oh I guess times have changed. 

Just now, Kamimiii said:

Once again you know nothing Nik Snow.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't blushing. 

Just now, Kamimiii said:

Btw I've no idea why you're so offended in the first place, you took my "most of the old players are uber trash" personnally, but you must know it since a while, I respect you as a player, so it was obviously not aimed to you.

Oh dude I don't think I ever took offense to this part of your post at all, and since you didn't specifically name me, I didn't think you were referring to me. I appreciate the ego boost though *thumbs up*

Just now, Kamimiii said:

And tbh you can't defend your old friends when I say they suck ass, none of them has won a single thing since like 2 years, despite the fact they attempted to tryhard the game again. As I said earlier, I firmly believe LYLE's supremacy in the past was due to a massive ressources advantage, and nothing else. People like Barrage, JJ and the other relics of your time have no brain and in the current state of PokeMMO they have no chance to ever achieve something again because smarter people appeared.

I think this is the part where we agree to disagree, but at least you have your reason, and I respect that. 

Just now, Kamimiii said:

And just like LYLE was the best team due to ressources 3 years ago, Aw/AURÄ and SIÂ are the best 3 teams due to the presence of CLEVER PEOPLE inside their rosters. The rest of the teams are dogshit and are only here to e-uguute on the few wins they get from haxing or defeating noobs. (small exception for RISE because despite having no skills some of them have a brain).

Dude exactly. I just think that there's huge gap in the skill level between teams like Aw / Aura / SIA / RISE and the rest. I apologize in advance to anyone for any offense I'm causing, but seriously this isn't personal. But getting back to my point, it's this large gap that makes me have doubts about gb's claims that we have an increase in the quality of players.

Edited by NikhilR
23 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

But getting back to my point, it's this large gap that makes me have doubts about gb's claims that we have an increase in the quality of players.

I'm too tired and I don't feel like searching my words in english to express what I think about this 

meh

You can't deny that most of the players have access to the comps they want/need nowadays, everyone is capable of building something solid, and even if they don't know how to, they can just copy builds from tournaments, or ask to other people (not that it wasn't possible before, but the breeding system didn't really allow you to have the comps you needed to build a team properly). You have a few particular things that differenciate bad from medium from good players :

PvE : No comps at all

Bad PvP : Having comps but sadly being at the same skill level as Fred

Medium PvP : Knowing how to build something solid, how to play with an edge, how to close a game (that makes me think of medium chess players, who, in opposition to beginners, are capable to spot the path to end a game)

Good/Great PvP : What I said above + spotting win conditions, lines of plays that can lead to a situation you want, finding ways to comeback, evaluating risks of a predict, or the thing I regret the most about Team Preview, predicting hidden pokemons, double switches and hidden pokemon switches.

There's no doubt that the medium PvP player base is the largest, and I think it evolves day after day towards the good/great PvP level, thanks to the knowledge spread between the teams and the replays available. That's probably why gb claims such a thing. Some people will keep emerging from the medium player base and maybe surprise us all. Something that I can't really see happening before 2015 when the first step (obtaining decent comps) was already a whole lot of troubles.

56 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

But those 50/50s there do carry a risk of potentially being punished for taunting. Similarly, Ferrothorn can punish Gliscor defogging by leech seeding, which results in the 50/50 that Gliscor has to perhaps taunt first, but at the risk that Ferro either power whips or switches out, thereby leaving rocks on the field. You literally stated that you hated using Defog Gliscor for dealing with Ferrothorn because there were 50/50s involved. I'm not being condescending when I am saying that it really isn't a 50/50, but an opportunity for you to either outplay or get outplayed, aka playing the game. 

"Those 50/50s are 50/50s that aren't really 50/50s, but an opportunity.." Make up your mind please. You're talking about 50/50s or you are not. Either way Taunt/Defog Gliscor in a rain team remains a terrible answer to Ferrothorn. You'll lose momentum and rain turns just to perhaps outplay your opponent.

On what basis are you saying that I don't know the meta? I log in at least once per month, which really is enough to know what it's like. You still don't tell me why knowing about the meta is even important. 

That's your reply to me saying: "I'm not offended by your deluded views. I don't have to share those views especially when you present them as if they were facts when there are nothing more than the opinion of an inactive player that doesn't know much about the current competitive scene." Where do you see me talking about the meta? I was talking about the competitive scene, the people, the newcomers you feel superior to.

Man, the way you twist or misconstrue things is amazing. That bolded statement is so full of shit because you made a claim that quarters of CC is equivalent to a 32 man tournament then. You made a bullshit statement, so obviously I corrected it. You're also being full of shit when you said that the "nostalgic shithead" wasn't directed at me, moreover it simply was unnecessary. I'm just surprised how someone would shittalk after losing in finals of TT, that's what bothered me. I wouldn't have said anything if you guys won TT and in a very convincing manner because you guys would have earned the bragging rights for that. But to claim that the current flock of players is better and then the next day going into the finals of TT with simply match-up fishing, it was just surprising. 

You didn't correct anything. Going to the finals of a 32 men bracket is the same as going to the quarter finals of a CC and not getting any money. You have to beat the same amount of people in both cases. You can cry as much as you want that old school players were more difficult to beat so it's not equivalent, but that's just your opinion. The fact that you thought a correction was required just shows that's you're not objective at all and that's why your post was bullshit. 

You're surprised how someone would shitalk after losing a TT? You're actually bothered by someone shitalking after losing a TT? People that lose in the finals of a TT are not allowed to disagree with you? You would actually not have replied to anything that I had said if Sia had won the TT? What the hell is wrong with you? Seriously, you make the most absurd connexions in your mind, I'm genuinely scared for your health. How the fuck is TT related to the debate of the old comp scene vs the new comp scene? In what universe are those two things (TT and the debate) related or give someone the right to reply to your bullshit? You wanted to shit talk, so you did. You couldn't come up with stuff to attack me directly, so you cowardly attacked members of my team. The only connexion between the TT and the debate is your messed up mind.

Your reason for my wins not being impressive is because I didn't "win" anything. In other words, it wasn't the finals of a tour or a prestigious event. That's not what's important. I'd always value beating a reputed player over beating randoms. So, please look at my earlier brackets and tell me that my wins weren't against players that you deem good. Because if those brackets prove that I did beat good players, then I don't know what else is there to add. 

I don't care about your win rate. Stop begging me to look at your brackets. I just went through the months of December and November and you apparently can't make it past round 3, but I guess you didn't bother to add these losses to your incredible win rate. 14-3. Nothing won. Not impressed.

Oh dude I explained earlier that I didn't refer to attack in an offensive way. But I did think you were putting a value on my skill. You're confusing knowledge with skill. My point is that I possess the skills to compete at the high stages, so there's really nothing to stop me from doing the same in MMO once I gain this "knowledge," right? 

Right, but you clearly don't have that knowledge if you suggest Taunt/Defog Gliscor for a rain team without an answer to Ferrothorn.

The reason I assume I'm better than most of them is because I'm a more proven commodity. 

Proven how? because you won more TTs than any chinese player? That's like the most important metric of skills you use and yet chinese players do not even participate in TTs. 

Edited by gbwead
Just now, gbwead said:

Those 50/50s are 50/50s that are really 50/50s, but an opportunity... Make up your mind please. You're talking about 50/50s or you are not. Either way Taunt/Defog Gliscor in a rain team remains a terrible answer to Ferrothorn. You'll lose momentum and rain turns just to perhaps outplay your opponent.

I'm saying what you were to as 50/50, in other words either using taunt or defog, isn't really a 50/50 because the real kind of 50/50s are the speed tie kind. You're essentially pretending to be dumb, so from here on out I'm going to call you a dumb ass. 

Just now, gbwead said:

That's your reply to me saying: "I'm not offended by your deluded views. I don't have to share those views especially when you present them as if they were facts when there are nothing more than the opinion of an inactive player that doesn't know much about the current competitive scene." Where do you see me talking about the meta? I was talking about the competitive scene, the people, the newcomers you feel superior to.

Because you've constantly said that I don't know anything about the meta when you mention I know nothing about the comp scene. Jesus christ either you're a poop for not knowing what you say most of the time, or you're admitting that I am aware of the meta for not mentioning it in the earlier post. Pick one.

b3f9a97535.JPG

d24ff9a1f4.JPG

Just now, gbwead said:

You didn't correct anything. Going to the finals of a 32 men bracket is the same as going to the quarter finals of a CC and not getting any money. You have to beat the same amount of people in both cases. You can cry as much as you want that old school players were more difficult to beat so it's not equivalent, but that's just your opinion. The fact that you thought a correction was required just shows that's you're not objective at all and that's why your post was bullshit. 

Just because you beat the same number of people doesn't mean you beat the same KIND of people. You can get to quarters of a CC by simply facing randoms, but the finals of a 32 man tour is going to be between the two best players of a tour. You really are a dumbass. 

Just now, gbwead said:

You're surprised how someone would shitalk after losing a TT? You're actually bothered by someone shitalking after losing a TT? People that lose in the finals of a TT are not allowed to disagree with you? You would actually not have replied to anything that I had said if Sia has won the TT? What the hell is wrong with you? Seriously, you make the most absurd connexions in your mind, I'm genuinely scared for your health. How the fuck is TT related to the debate of the old comp scene vs the new comp scene? In what universe are those two things (TT and the debate) related or give someone the right to reply to your bullshit? You wanted to shit talk, so you did. You couldn't come up with stuff to attack me directly, so you cowardly attacked members of my team.

To address the bolded part, it's not about disagreement, but you insulted the old-timers unnecessarily you dumbass. And I would really have kept quiet if you won TT in a skillful way because that would actually make me a shithead for undermining the skill level of the community, but obviously that wasn't the case. 

Just now, gbwead said:

I don't care about you win rate. Stop begging me to look at your brackets. I just went through the months of December and November and you apparently can't make it past round 3, but I guess you didn't bother to add these losses to your incredible win rate. 14-3. Nothing won. Not impressed.

Link all those brackets for me, because I'm sure that in one of those brackets I knocked your dumb ass out of the tour. I'll gladly admit I was wrong about my record, but link them nonetheless. 

Just now, gbwead said:

Right, but you clearly don't have that knowledge if you suggest Taunt/Defog Gliscor for a rain team without an answer to Ferrothorn.

That Gliscor wouldn't have solved all the flaws in the team, but it's definitely an improvement over whatever shitty defogger that Kriliin used, and it's the best defogger that you could ever fit into such a team, dumbass. 

Just now, gbwead said:

Proven how? because you won more TTs than any chinese? That's like the most important metric of skills you use and yet chinese players do not even participate in TTs. 

You're a dumb ass. Which is why I should've listened to @Gunthug and stopped debating with this flat-earther. 

6 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

I'm back to the game because of recognition and to earn the respect back.

Spoiler

In order to make my own legend i'm gonna end yours. I have come to win it all.

8 hours ago, gbwead said:

You know who could shut up? Fred. Why did he attack the new comp scene?

well

On 4/26/2019 at 11:17 PM, fredrichnietze said:

also this IS the trash talk section of psl folks so while i call current gen players trash, try not to get too offend or put too much weight behind those words. just the right amount of offended to be entertaining. 

also i can say my opinion of the competitive scene. dont get your knickers in a twist. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.