[PSL XI] PokeMMO Super League Season 11 General Thread

21 hours ago, NikhilR said:

You know what else would be ideal?  If Kriliin chose to run a rain team in OU that can switch in on a Ferrothorn, or a defogger to better deal with hazards instead of losing 5-0.

I agree with you, the team I brought was too matchup reliant and therefore not good enough. Rain teams are something that we usually make fun of in SIA.

But we used to play a lot against Aw players and they know most of our teambuilds, that's why we decided to try to surprise them with a rain team.

It was known that Ferrothorn would be close to an auto-lose and I took the risk.

They did exactly the same by bringin a rain team extremely weak to Magnezone which is something I run a lot, it could have gone in either ways.

21 hours ago, NikhilR said:

None of us "nostalgic shitheads" are crying at all, but rather thankful that we're not spending every single day and minute beating the bad players and deluding ourselves into thinking "we're good."  In fact I would be crying in silence if I got my ass handed to me by Aw twice in a row, and work harder to get better. Already looking forward to the next iteration of TT!

Since Aw players are dominating the competitive scene in many ways, it's literally like saying : if you are not better than the very best then you are bad. 

In addition to being false, it's an insult to everyone, even to Aw players who redoubles their efforts to perform that way.

I would not have imagined that your arrogance could match your stupidity.

Oh and btw, we beat Aw 3-0 in February's TT, 1-2 against them in 2019, damn, we're really soooo bad guys... 

3 hours ago, NikhilR said:

I decided to watch the TT to have a better glimpse of what the skill level was like and what better metric than the finals of TT?

You probably watched it with your ass since you haven't even seen me using Defog during my duel.

27 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

Tldr: why is no one smack talking the real issues - like how the central figure in the last psl’s manager coaching scandal signing up to manage again? (Sorry @Parke)

i would argue jj's the "central figure". no one remembers mudd even thou he was executed right next to booth because booth pulled the trigger. jj was host to multiple season and regardless of what part he played big or small him playing a part was a bigger deal then everyone else combined.

and inb4 jj and doc sign up

Edited by fredrichnietze
26 minutes ago, ApacheHelicopter said:

Can’t since pink is on the battlefield atm 

tl;dr for you my friend

jj was coaching people on voice on discord (jj was the host)

pinklabel caught him doing that

season got fucked because more people were caught coaching

3 months of game went into piss, donations were returned and season scrapped

24 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

tl;dr for you my friend

jj was coaching people on voice on discord (jj was the host)

pinklabel caught him doing that

season got fucked because more people were caught coaching

3 months of game went into piss, donations were returned and season scrapped

That’s some serious sh1t going on.

thank you ma brah 

Edited by ApacheHelicopter
2 hours ago, Gunthug said:

Let me save both of you some time by simply acknowledging that you two are not arguing about something where it is even possible for you to find an agreement. Nik is (subjectively, unfortunately) claiming that the old competitive scene was stronger than the new competitive scene, and gb is arguing that the new competitive scene is either stronger than the old “washed up” players, or he’s just denying nik’s position. 

Either way, there is no actual way to compare the two groups of players. It’s the “MJ vs Lebron” debate and guess what - mj is almost 50 and can’t hoop with lebron right now, and lebron doesn’t have access to a time machine. So the comparison is completely pointless. Not to mention, gb has never in his entire life changed his opinion on something so even if nik were objectively right, gb would just move the goalposts and argue until he literally died. 

Tldr: why is no one smack talking the real issues - like how the central figure in the last psl’s manager coaching scandal signing up to manage again? (Sorry @Parke)

Your point here would be relevant if I had any part to do with the coaching that happened, which I didn't and always denied even knowing it was happening (which I literally didnt know it was happening) On top of that, half of the game knows that every top SIA player are on a group call on discord during any big matches/officials tournaments etc, so I guess that automatically rules out any SIA player managing? I've never once said I condone coaching or even think it's a good thing but I sure as shit know it's gonna happen regardless. (and before any SIA players attack me for this, I literally have screenshots of MKNS admitting it happens to me, and also another screenshot of Pinklabel saying the same DURING THE TIME IT HAPPENED WHEN I MANAGED FOR PSL)

On that note, lets talk about how there was literally a SIA player managing the season after the whole scandal happened, despite the fact I provided evidence during the time the scandal happened to the council saying SIA players coach all the time on their server, and it was literally ignored prettymuch.

PSL has become a shit show, and it will pertain to be one as long as this conversation is even a thing, I get we cant straight up ban coaching, but I also know we cant stop it. All I can do is not participate in it myself, which up until this point, I have done.

Also, I'm not using the above argument as a way to save myself, or fight to be a manager, I signed up for manager because @RysPiczasked me to, if I dont get manager I literally couldnt care less. I just think it's dumb to punish me when I had literally zero part to do with the whole shit that went down.

Edited by Parke
11 minutes ago, Parke said:

blablabla if I dont get manager I literally couldnt care less blablabla

Since when not giving a shit is valuable? If you don’t care just gtfo m8.

Also since I wasn’t there during the past PSL and uber bullshit that happened (in which you’re somewhat included in a way I don’t know yet), I don’t see any problem’with my apply. 

47 minutes ago, Parke said:

i didnt do it it wasnt me i promise

@DoubleJ @BurntZebra ? i dont know you guys do speak up.

48 minutes ago, Parke said:

sia is bad m kay

the problem is not coaching. the problem is coaching in the psl. this distinction matters. you either dont see or are purposely ignoring this while you trow mud at other players which makes you look guilty. dont throw mud and misdirect, show evidence and witness that you are innocent. if you are innocent i hope people come out and speak up so everyone can see and clear your name. 

also this idc attitude is bad man. if its real its bad if its not real is bad just be honest.

1 hour ago, Parke said:

Your point here would be relevant if I had any part to do with the coaching that happened, which I didn't and always denied even knowing it was happening (which I literally didnt know it was happening) On top of that, half of the game knows that every top SIA player are on a group call on discord during any big matches/officials tournaments etc, so I guess that automatically rules out any SIA player managing? I've never once said I condone coaching or even think it's a good thing but I sure as shit know it's gonna happen regardless. (and before any SIA players attack me for this, I literally have screenshots of MKNS admitting it happens to me, and also another screenshot of Pinklabel saying the same DURING THE TIME IT HAPPENED WHEN I MANAGED FOR PSL)

On that note, lets talk about how there was literally a SIA player managing the season after the whole scandal happened, despite the fact I provided evidence during the time the scandal happened to the council saying SIA players coach all the time on their server, and it was literally ignored prettymuch.

PSL has become a shit show, and it will pertain to be one as long as this conversation is even a thing, I get we cant straight up ban coaching, but I also know we cant stop it. All I can do is not participate in it myself, which up until this point, I have done.

Also, I'm not using the above argument as a way to save myself, or fight to be a manager, I signed up for manager because @RysPiczasked me to, if I dont get manager I literally couldnt care less. I just think it's dumb to punish me when I had literally zero part to do with the whole shit that went down.

Ok “central figure” was probably the wrong phrase, but on the bright side, at least we aren’t talking about old vs. new generation of players anymore. You’re welcome 

cant wait to see how enuguuo gets manager, after people will spend the next few days discussing coaching in psl. but we are serious about it! no more lip service!

by offering to coach you people basically tell you that they think you fkn suck and people swallow that shit like the spineless little cats they are. imagine signing up for a competitive event, not willing to put any fkn effort into it and not even having the guts to face the outcome your lack of commitment would naturally result in.

ill never understand, but kudos to people that allow other people to undermine their potential; who accept wasting the effort of other people, people who actually get their shit done - truly competitive people, just because they are fkn cowards.

shitfest at times.

4 hours ago, ApacheHelicopter said:

He's not telling you every newcomers are gods, he's telling you the lvl grew much higher than it was before due to many facts. First of all, many of the old good players taught the game to new ones. But more importantly there's also much more players, so much more matches and much more possibilities and much more spectators to analyze and scout in countless many times more tournaments. Nowadays, you play a gimmick that worked, it'll become a trend and you'll have the pokemon you used and your name in 20 google docs pages with theorycrafted EV spread.

More players, more possibilities, more spectators to analyze really doesn't imply an increase in quality, just an increase in quantity. The people whom you refer to as old good players have mostly died, and it's people like Frags who've helped shape up Zhiko, enchanteur into much better players now. The others lack the same guidance, so I'm just curious from which older players the newer ones are improving. 

4 hours ago, ApacheHelicopter said:

It's just the purpose of life, the more the possibilities, the more complex it gets. Therefore, golden aged era like Lyle's would have muuuuuch more problem to shine than before cuz the overall level is just much more higher. It's just logical to me.

LYLE reached finals of Jan TT, and I would like to emphasize that I lost because I miscalc'd, not because my opponent outplayed me. Which then leads to my point that the quality hasn't increased if a team without any prep could make it to finals of TT, or potentially even win. LYLE also reached Semis of March TT with just two players alone (myself and Zeb). I really doubt we're having a problem to shine. 

2 hours ago, gbwead said:

Oh so instead of admitting you were completly wrong, you decide to act like a proud fool by pretending you were actually trying to explain to me what a 50/50 looks like? Not only is that not plausible at all, but that's just super condescending. I know what a 50/50 situation looks like. For some reason, you feel the need to belittle people that proves you wrong, sadly it doesn't help you at all. That link is just completly irrelevant:

1. The Ferrothorn player won the duel

2. When I said a 50/50 with Taunt/Defog, that implies the right play is either Taunt or Defog. Why would the Taunt/Defog mon use Defog if there are no hazards on the field? There is no reason to do that, so the only options here would be Taunt or switching out, which is completly different. If the choice is between Taunt or Switch, the 50/50 is Taunt/Switch. We were talking about defoggers, so IRRELEVANT!!! 

You criticized the replay for not giving you a step by step process of how to possibly deal with a Ferrothorn that lays down hazards. You said that the Ferrothorn was taunted before it could lay down rocks, which then didn't give you the solution of what to do when rocks are on field. So, I said that if you want to know how to deal with the scenario depicted in the replay, you could just defog. It's not irrelevant because you said that Gliscor is not an ideal defogger because of the potential 50/50s Gliscor has to deal with when facing Ferro. I'm just saying that the different "50/50s" should not bar you from using a defogger. 

3 hours ago, gbwead said:

You said "OR" not "And". You didn't say to play a defogger + something that can pressure Ferrothorn. You said something that can switch on Ferrothorn or a defogger. Please own up to your bullshit. The second part of your criticism was dumb, there is no way around it.

Here, let me screen my earlier post. 
8e60653751.JPG

I simply didn't say "A DEFOGGER" but a defogger to better deal with hazards. Which meant hazards from Ferro specifically. If I meant only a defogger, then whatever comes after that is redundant. I even explained this in my previous post but you ignored it. 

I never said you were not allowed to criticize a player. I don't know why you feel the need to do so here. That probably has to do with your need to bring people down to feel like you're on top, but w.e. You criticize him, but part of your critic was garbage. It's obvious now that you realise how dumb it was and instead of owning up to your stupidity, you're trying to backtrack by changing what you initially said. If you're allowed to criticize someone, I should be allowed to criticize the flaws in your analysis.

There were no flaws in my analysis, just you misinterpreting everything I'm saying like how you misinterpret the level of skill of the players in MMO. 

Listen, I don't think bringing a taunt/defogger on a rain team is a good idea. Rain teams are usually offense oriented. If you feel like losing crucial momentum and rain turns by using Taunt/Defogger to maybe win a 50/50 among possibly many, go for it. Whenever you run out of excuses for not competing or when you need to increase your number of loses that you can later omit when bragging about your win rate, prove me wrong by playing Gliscor, Mandibuzz or Skarmory with Taunt/Defog on a rain team. Oh and don't forget to not bring anything to pressure Ferrothorn, because you said "OR", not "And".

You definitely don't need to bring a taunt user / defogger on a rain team, but you definitely have to bring one if you let your opponent freely set up hazards without having a proper way to clear them. You had no magic guard mon in your team either. Your teammate had Ferro + P2 which instantly gave up a lot of momentum. Maybe you should be lecturing Kriliin about this stuff rather than to me. 

I don't know what's wrong with you. Are you under the impression that we're pals or something? I have no interest in watching you. I don't recall saying you were worse than the newcomers. I guess you now need to validate yourself against things I didn't say. I simply explained that you were out of touch with the meta and the competitive scene, so you are not in a position to judge. 

You clearly are not following your own train of thought. You said you wanted me to compete in MMO to prove myself. I said I wouldn't be competing in MMO anytime soon but that if you wanted to see where my level of skill is at, you could watch me in the WCOP. I've actually come to realize why Jovi was so successful in trolling you a majority of the time because half of the time you don't know what you said earlier, or are unable to understand what it is that I'm replying to. But you can keep making baseless statements like I am out of touch with the meta. 

You just don't get it. You didn't provide facts Nik. Your word is not a fact. No one can know if you did omit some losses or not.  Perhaps, you did have to play 8 tie breakers. I'm sure you had to play some, but since you're so desperate to brag about your win rate, I wouldn't be surprised if only had to play 7 or 6 duels instead of the 8 you claim. If Laz confirms that he lost every single duel in that bracket, that would also help. 

There really isn't anything to respond to this for me.

Also, you keep bragging about that 14-3 win rate. However, 8 of your 14 wins come from an unofficial tournament. What do unofficial tournaments and old officials have in common? The same exact people sign up for them. Where are the chinese players in that bracket? Where are the newcomers you're so proud to have bested? You won couple of duels for 100k. Sry, but that's just not impressive. A big win is winning something, winning a tournament, winning an invitation, winning idk more than 100k perhaps...

The pool will look smaller to you because you're inactive and don't know any newcomer. We can agree to disagree.

You know what else unofficial tournaments and officials have in common? The better players compete in it. Are you telling me that the Chinese players who cheated in world cup and failed to make Play Offs of World Cup are going to stand a chance against me? ROFL. Your idea of a big win is clearly wrong, because wins should not be based on monetary value or what place you reach, but on whom you beat. 

2 hours ago, Sashaolin said:

I agree with you, the team I brought was too matchup reliant and therefore not good enough. Rain teams are something that we usually make fun of in SIA.

But we used to play a lot against Aw players and they know most of our teambuilds, that's why we decided to try to surprise them with a rain team.

It was known that Ferrothorn would be close to an auto-lose and I took the risk.

They did exactly the same by bringin a rain team extremely weak to Magnezone which is something I run a lot, it could have gone in either ways.

Fair enough man, but I don't think you should ever take a risk where you just auto-lose to a mon. Despite a weakness to it, you shouldn't be hopeless against it. 

3 hours ago, Sashaolin said:

Since Aw players are dominating the competitive scene in many ways, it's literally like saying : if you are not better than the very best then you are bad. 

In addition to being false, it's an insult to everyone, even to Aw players who redoubles their efforts to perform that way.

I would not have imagined that your arrogance could match your stupidity.

Oh and btw, we beat Aw 3-0 in February's TT, 1-2 against them in 2019, damn, we're really soooo bad guys... 

Don't you also to Aw in officials? 

3 hours ago, Sashaolin said:

You probably watched it with your ass since you haven't even seen me using Defog during my duel.

I didn't watch your game from the beginning, I was watching Madara vs Frags, and after that game was over I turned to yours. So of course I missed the part where you defogged, but I at least got to witness your sheer skill in match-up fishing. 

17 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

More players, more possibilities, more spectators to analyze really doesn't imply an increase in quality, just an increase in quantity. 

Well... yeah... actually it does. That's like evolution m8, unless you shit on Darwin's. And if you're that kind of "if you can't prove god doesn't exist than it might exist" people, you gonna break my heart

YLE reached finals of Jan TT, and I would like to emphasize that I lost because I miscalc'd, not because my opponent outplayed me. Which then leads to my point that the quality hasn't increased if a team without any prep could make it to finals of TT, or potentially even win. LYLE also reached Semis of March TT with just two players alone (myself and Zeb). I really doubt we're having a problem to shine

So did we not longer than 3 days ago, we went through the final but unlike you, we didn't feel we shined because we lost the finale..

Anyway, this whole crusade old against new has to stop. If you guys decided to make a comeback then it would be a pleasure to fight against you guys and see if you're as valuable as you used to before. But appearently it will not happen anytime soon. Until then, gl hf, hope to see you in PSL.

Just now, ApacheHelicopter said:

Well... yeah... actually it does. That's like evolution m8, unless you shit on Darwin's. And if you're that kind of "if you can't prove god doesn't exist than it might exist" people, you gonna break my heart

I could be misinterpreting what you're saying, but I believe it's only the metagame that changes, and maybe players' style too, but I don't think that translates into skill. 

Just now, ApacheHelicopter said:

So did we not longer than 3 days ago, we went through the final but unlike you, we didn't feel we shined because we lost the finale..

Anyway, this whole crusade old against new has to stop. If you guys decided to make a comeback then it would be a pleasure to fight against you guys and see if you're as valuable as you used to before. But appearently it will not happen anytime soon. Until then, gl hf, hope to see you in PSL.

Oh I don't think we shined at all, but for a couple of old-timers who play the game once or twice a month, I think making it to the finals of TT says a lot about the current state of the game. 

Just now, NikhilR said:

Oh I don't think we shined at all, but for a couple of old-timers who play the game once or twice a month, I think making it to the finals of TT says a lot about the current state of the game. 

That's a good result I guess yeah but sadly not enough. It's all about becoming the absolute best after all. 2nd spot doesnt matter, at least to us.

18 minutes ago, ApacheHelicopter said:

Please tell me someone on these godforsaken forums is studying evolutionary biology and can explain why this is so absolutely not like evolution haha. Also, don't shit on agnosticism, it's the only truly reasonable stance

4 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

Please tell me someone on these godforsaken forums is studying evolutionary biology and can explain why this is so absolutely not like evolution haha. Also, don't shit on agnosticism, it's the only truly reasonable stance

Yes it is, the accumulation of mistakes led to knowledge.

that’s just pure logic man

also no one can prove Star Wars didn’t happen somewhere. Is it true tho ? 

Edited by ApacheHelicopter
1 hour ago, NikhilR said:

You criticized the replay for not giving you a step by step process of how to possibly deal with a Ferrothorn that lays down hazards. You said that the Ferrothorn was taunted before it could lay down rocks, which then didn't give you the solution of what to do when rocks are on field. So, I said that if you want to know how to deal with the scenario depicted in the replay, you could just defog. It's not irrelevant because you said that Gliscor is not an ideal defogger because of the potential 50/50s Gliscor has to deal with when facing Ferro. I'm just saying that the different "50/50s" should not bar you from using a defogger. 

I'm done arguing about your link. You may believe it was relevant, but it really wasn't.

Here, let me screen my earlier post. 
8e60653751.JPG

I simply didn't say "A DEFOGGER" but a defogger to better deal with hazards. Which meant hazards from Ferro specifically. If I meant only a defogger, then whatever comes after that is redundant. I even explained this in my previous post but you ignored it. 

Nik, stop fucking around. You can either show us how to use a defogger in a rain team without any switch to Ferrothorn against another rain team with Ferrothorn or you can just stfu. All talk, no action. 

There were no flaws in my analysis, just you misinterpreting everything I'm saying like how you misinterpret the level of skill of the players in MMO. 

Link as many irrelevant showdown replays as you want, backtrack your own statements as much as you want, but it doesn't change that what you said initially was a shitty analysis driven by your hate. Just because someome disagrees with your views doesn't mean you should be hateful, but you're free to be an asshole if you wish.

You definitely don't need to bring a taunt user / defogger on a rain team, but you definitely have to bring one if you let your opponent freely set up hazards without having a proper way to clear them. You had no magic guard mon in your team either. Your teammate had Ferro + P2 which instantly gave up a lot of momentum. Maybe you should be lecturing Kriliin about this stuff rather than to me. 

Alright, show us how it's done then. From experience, I know what you suggested would never work. You're the first one to trash others when they lose. I'll be the first to do the same with you once you lose using that strategy. 

You clearly are not following your own train of thought. You said you wanted me to compete in MMO to prove myself. I said I wouldn't be competing in MMO anytime soon but that if you wanted to see where my level of skill is at, you could watch me in the WCOP. I've actually come to realize why Jovi was so successful in trolling you a majority of the time because half of the time you don't know what you said earlier, or are unable to understand what it is that I'm replying to. But you can keep making baseless statements like I am out of touch with the meta. 

If I say you're out of touch with the meta and ask you to prove yourself in MMO, you think talking to me about you competing in WCOP is relevant???? How the fuck is competing in WCOP will help you prove yourself in MMO? It wouldn't. Don't bother trying to follow my train of thought when can't keep up with basic logic. You're not an active player, so it's pretty reasonable to say that you're out of touch.

u know what else unofficial tournaments and officials have in common? The better players compete in it.

You want a baseless statement. That's a good one. Keep up with the bullshit.

Are you telling me that the Chinese players who cheated in world cup and failed to make Play Offs of World Cup are going to stand a chance against me? ROFL. 

The all mighty NikhilR has spoken! How dare I say some chinese players would be able to compete against someone as remarkable as you. Seriously, your ego is really something else. Challenging your claim that old comp scene > new comp scene is pointless since a narcissitic PoS like yourself will not accept anything but praise from others. You won't get any from me, keep crying.

Edited by gbwead
2 hours ago, Parke said:

On top of that, half of the game knows that every top SIA player are on a group call on discord during any big matches/officials tournaments etc, so I guess that automatically rules out any SIA player managing? I've never once said I condone coaching or even think it's a good thing but I sure as shit know it's gonna happen regardless. (and before any SIA players attack me for this, I literally have screenshots of MKNS admitting it happens to me, and also another screenshot of Pinklabel saying the same DURING THE TIME IT HAPPENED WHEN I MANAGED FOR PSL)

Are you serious ? How dare you make such a fallacious shortcut ?

Coaching is allowed in officials, having screenshots of SIA players admitting it is therefor totally irrelevant.

I don't need to defend my integrity in PSL, all my PSL teammates will be able to testify how I kept the coaching far away from me for better and for worse.

And since the 3 hosts of the last PSL were my teammates, their point of view about my integrity is clearly more concrete than an irrelevant screenshot.

@Aerun I really hope you liked his post without reading it cause you're probably one of those who can attest how I never asked for coaching nor coached anyone.
I always condemned coaching in PSL, I forbade my players to do it and I did everything to push them to train and get ready. Seriously bro'?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.