[PSL XI] PokeMMO Super League Season 11 General Thread

Just now, gbwead said:

Damn that's some good trashtalking. @Krillin, you're shit. You're bad. Why did you not bring a defogger to beat Ferrothorn? Oh wait, you did bring a deffoger!! Wow. You're pretty good actually. How come you lost then? Oh right, most deffogers aside from Salamence are shit against Ferrothorn. If only NikhilR wasn't so busy convincing himself that his old days were the best competitive days of this community, maybe he would realise that he doesn't know shit about the current meta or what the best current competitors are made of. Keep up with the specating, you might get good at it eventually. You got too many excuses for not competing anyways.

Most Defog users with Taunt are good vs Ferro --> example Skarm / Mandibuzz / Gliscor. I hope this was a teaching moment for you. Of course, for you Taunt Defog Gliscor is probably unheard of since you live in your little bubble of how Gliscor can perhaps only run the SD Acrobat set with Taunt. Fyi, I ran Taunt Gliscor vs Madara in Jan TT and it did really well, perhaps not with defog. Maybe you could've learnt something by spectating me, infact you'd be better.

Now, you also missed a huge point about my post, so I bolded it and enlarged it for you:

"If Kriliin chose to run a rain team in OU that can switch in on a Ferrothorn, or a defogger to better deal with hazards instead of losing 5-0."

If you're not going to bring a defogger to deal with hazards from Ferro, then you better run a team that gives Ferrothorn less opportunities to lay down hazards. 

1 hour ago, NikhilR said:

Most Defog users with Taunt are good vs Ferro --> example Skarm / Mandibuzz / Gliscor. I hope this was a teaching moment for you. Of course, for you Taunt Defog Gliscor is probably unheard of since you live in your little bubble of how Gliscor can perhaps only run the SD Acrobat set with Taunt. Fyi, I ran Taunt Gliscor vs Madara in Jan TT and it did really well, perhaps not with defog. Maybe you could've learnt something by spectating me, infact you'd be better.

Now, you also missed a huge point about my post, so I bolded it and enlarged it for you:

"If Kriliin chose to run a rain team in OU that can switch in on a Ferrothorn, or a defogger to better deal with hazards instead of losing 5-0."

If you're not going to bring a defogger to deal with hazards from Ferro, then you better run a team that gives Ferrothorn less opportunities to lay down hazards. 

Taunt Gliscor is pretty much on nearly all defensive Gliscor, so no it's not surprising at all. I do wonder why you think that's actually a good mon to counter Ferrothorn though. I guess hoping to win a 50/50 with Taunt/Defog is how you determine what is skillful and what isn't. Too bad you don't realise the obvious teambuilding flaws with such a shit strat. 

Oh you won a duel against Madara with a Gliscor that didn't have Defog. I don't know how that is relevant, but I guess your new thing is blowing yourself, so keep on thinking old nabs know more about what is going on than any active player.

I didn't miss any thing about your post. I agree with the first part which is why I didn't say anything about that. The second part was just beyond stupid since Kriliin did bring a defogger and it just proves that you want to make your point without looking at the facts.

Old comps players were children. Some grew up and became accomplished competitors among many. Others now watch from the side line, trying to figure out what's going on. It's cute that you think you're so much better than all the new players, but really it's just laughable, kiddo.

Edited by gbwead
Just now, gbwead said:

Taunt Gliscor is pretty much on nearly all defensive Gliscor, so no it's not surprising at all. I do wonder why you think that's actually a good mon to counter Ferrothorn though. I guess hoping to win a 50/50 with Taunt/Defog is how you determine what is skillful and what isn't. Too bad you don't realise the obvious teambuilding flaws with such a shit strat. 

"Oh no, I have to win a 50/50 battle in pokemon." It's called playing the game. A lot of important games come down to 50/50 decisions such as these. Hell even in the SPL Final Tiebreaker had moments like these, and that too vs a Ferro.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-432868

Turn 14, 19, 22, 38 or almost any turn that Ferrothorn is on field. You have such a defensive mindset where you want everything laid out so clearly in front of you where you don't need to use any part of your brain to realize what's more important for you - taunt or defog - or even try to think of the situation from your opponent's perspective. 

Just now, gbwead said:

Oh you won a duel against Madara with a Gliscor that didn't have Defog. I don't know how that is relevant, but I guess your new thing is blowing yourself, so keep on thinking old nabs know more about what is going on than any active player.

The relevancy of my point is to address this part of your post "maybe he would realise that he doesn't know shit about the current meta or what the best current competitors are made of." I don't need to play infinite hours to know the meta or even know what the current competitors are made. I know enough about the meta to know that Taunt Gliscor is really underrated, and since you guys ride Madara's uguu, I thought it would make sense to know that if something works against him, it's probably is viable. And despite your claim of it being available on most Gliscors, you choose to not run defog along with because it's such a big strain on your mind to make a decision. Also, the other relevancy of my point was to address your point of what the best competitors are made up of. If a dead player like me could force one of your best and active players to decide the game on what you call 50/50 or as I like to refer to it as "thinking," then I can't imagine what the situation would be like if I was more active. But I don't really need to continue to play since you have enough of a trouble making it past Aw. 

Just now, gbwead said:

I didn't miss any thing about your post. I agree with the first part which is why I didn't say anything about that. The second part was just beyond stupid since Kriliin did bring a defogger and it just proves that you want to make your point without looking at the facts.

Yeah, of course I'm right, then address my post in its entirety rather than picking out one specific portion. I don't recall Kriliin's team in the entirety atm, but I did not remember seeing a defogger. It wasP2 / Starmie / Dnite / Ferro / Kabu and I forgot the other. Was Dnite the defogger?

Just now, gbwead said:

Old comps players were children. Some grew up and became accomplished competitors among many. Others now watch from the side line, trying to figure out what's going on. It's cute that you think you're so much better than all the new players, but really it's just laughable, kiddo.

Let me link you my post again to show my recent performances in the last 6 months:

Why am I not entitled to think that I am better than these newcomers when my record is 14-3. Also, I think the fact that I've accomplished a lot more pokemon wise by winning more officials, competed in SPL, represented Asia in WCOP entitles me to believe that I am better than most of the newcomers, including yourself. There are a lot more eyes watching you, and a lot more flak you'd receive for your misplays when playing at that level. I can't imagine how someone like you would strive in such a situation when trying to win a "50/50" is so damn hard for you. 

3 hours ago, NikhilR said:

You know what else would be ideal?  If Kriliin chose to run a rain team in OU that can switch in on a Ferrothorn, or a defogger to better deal with hazards instead of losing 5-0.

None of us "nostalgic shitheads" are crying at all, but rather thankful that we're not spending every single day and minute beating the bad players and deluding ourselves into thinking "we're good."  In fact I would be crying in silence if I got my ass handed to me by Aw twice in a row, and work harder to get better. Already looking forward to the next iteration of TT!

thanks for the advice xdddddddddddd 
next time we will try to lose against you, so like that you can show us how to beat aw in final

14 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

"Oh no, I have to win a 50/50 battle in pokemon." It's called playing the game. A lot of important games come down to 50/50 decisions such as these. Hell even in the SPL Final Tiebreaker had moments like these, and that too vs a Ferro.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-432868

Turn 14, 19, 22, 38 or almost any turn that Ferrothorn is on field. You have such a defensive mindset where you want everything laid out so clearly in front of you where you don't need to use any part of your brain to realize what's more important for you - taunt or defog - or even try to think of the situation from your opponent's perspective. 

Lmao. So to prove me how great Gliscor would have been against Ferrothorn, you thought it was a good idea to link me a duel with no Gliscor, where Ferrothorn comes out on top and where there is not a single 50/50 between Defog/Taunt. You do realise that everytime a pokemon used Taunt on Ferrothorn, Rocks were not already on the field! So you really just don't get it and at this point I can only feel sorry for you. 

26 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

The relevancy of my point is to address this part of your post "maybe he would realise that he doesn't know shit about the current meta or what the best current competitors are made of." I don't need to play infinite hours to know the meta or even know what the current competitors are made. I know enough about the meta to know that Taunt Gliscor is really underrated, and since you guys ride Madara's uguu, I thought it would make sense to know that if something works against him, it's probably is viable. And despite your claim of it being available on most Gliscors, you choose to not run defog along with because it's such a big strain on your mind to make a decision. Also, the other relevancy of my point was to address your point of what the best competitors are made up of. If a dead player like me could force one of your best and active players to decide the game on what you call 50/50 or as I like to refer to it as "thinking," then I can't imagine what the situation would be like if I was more active. But I don't really need to continue to play since you have enough of a trouble making it past Aw. 

I never said Taunt Gliscor was bad. I said Taunt/Defog Gliscor is pretty standard. No one is impressed with you bringing this up. I have never said that I choose not to run Taunt/Defog Gliscor. I said I wouldn't run it thinking it was a reliable way of preventing Ferrothorn to place rocks. I don't have trouble making it past Aw. I don't think I lost a single TT duel to Aw this year, but I could be mistaken since I have better things to do than keeping track of my win rate just so I can brag later.

34 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

Yeah, of course I'm right, then address my post in its entirety rather than picking out one specific portion. I don't recall Kriliin's team in the entirety atm, but I did not remember seeing a defogger. It wasP2 / Starmie / Dnite / Ferro / Kabu and I forgot the other. Was Dnite the defogger?

I never said Kriliin's team was good. I'm not a fan of this kind of playstyle and that's fine. However, if you're going to trash him, at least back it up with something good and yet half your post was absolute garbage. The fact that you can't figure out what's the last pokemon of that team is very telling of how much out of touch you are with the meta. Without having watching the duel, nearly anyone in the community would be able to figure out the last pokemon with the 5 other you already listed. I could be wrong, but I think Kriliin even used Defog in the duel too, so perhaps you should take a step back instead of trying so desperately to prove w.e it is you feel like proving.

43 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

Why am I not entitled to think that I am better than these newcomers when my record is 14-3. Also, I think the fact that I've accomplished a lot more pokemon wise by winning more officials, competed in SPL, represented Asia in WCOP entitles me to believe that I am better than most of the newcomers, including yourself. There are a lot more eyes watching you, and a lot more flak you'd receive for your misplays when playing at that level. I can't imagine how someone like you would strive in such a situation when trying to win a "50/50" is so damn hard for you. 

Oh don't get me wrong. You're completly entitled to your inferiority complex. If braging for no apparent reason and bringing down the current competitive scene helps you with your issues, that's fine. However, I am also entitled to say how much full of shit you are. Hopefully, you can figure out what 50/50 I am talking about one day.

4 hours ago, NikhilR said:

You know what else would be ideal?  If Kriliin chose to run a rain team in OU that can switch in on a Ferrothorn, or a defogger to better deal with hazards instead of losing 5-0.

None of us "nostalgic shitheads" are crying at all, but rather thankful that we're not spending every single day and minute beating the bad players and deluding ourselves into thinking "we're good."  In fact I would be crying in silence if I got my ass handed to me by Aw twice in a row, and work harder to get better. Already looking forward to the next iteration of TT!

daily reminder you played like garbage and lost to linken in PSL10 finals costing your team the tournament

LINKEN

Just now, Kamimiii said:

daily reminder you played like garbage and lost to linken in PSL10 finals costing your team the tournament

LINKEN

Daily reminder that anyone can lose in Pokemon, it's all about consistency. I don't think I misplayed either because I lost to a crit, and the only way I could lose was to a crit, either through Vapo's Ice Beam or a crit Shadow Ball from Rotom. This match was definitely not my strongest showing though. I'm not saying that I'm immune to misplays either, since I've continuously made mistakes, like costing LYLE a TT in Jan when I added the wrong calc in my game. Also my PSL game alone doesn't cost my team much since it takes more than one loss to lose a series. 

For someone who hid behind the excuse, "I didn't even know what Slowking's typing was," you sure talked a lot of shit about Moetal. What was your excuse when you tried the same vs Evlgoon and got uguu slapped?

Just now, gbwead said:

Lmao. So to prove me how great Gliscor would have been against Ferrothorn, you thought it was a good idea to link me a duel with no Gliscor, where Ferrothorn comes out on top and where there is not a single 50/50 between Defog/Taunt. You do realise that everytime a pokemon used Taunt on Ferrothorn, Rocks were not already on the field! So you really just don't get it and at this point I can only feel sorry for you. 

You really need spoonfeeding don't you? If someone has rocks on the field, you defog, then replay the same scenario. Want me to explain?

Turn 1
Ferro uses SR.
Gliscor Switches In.

Turn 2:

Ferro either uses spikes / leech / switches out.
Gliscor either uses Defog / Taunt.

That's the damn 50/50. The point is that these 50/50s are COMMON in HIGH LEAGUE games. Not to replicate a scenario of "Oh no, what do I do in a 50/50?" Either you're dumb or pretending to be dumn

Just now, gbwead said:

I never said Taunt Gliscor was bad. I said Taunt/Defog Gliscor is pretty standard. No one is impressed with you bringing this up. I have never said that I choose not to run Taunt/Defog Gliscor. I said I wouldn't run it thinking it was a reliable way of preventing Ferrothorn to place rocks. I don't have trouble making it past Aw. I don't think I lost a single TT duel to Aw this year, but I could be mistaken since I have better things to do than keeping track of my win rate just so I can brag later.

Your "reliable" way of preventing Ferrothorn from placing rocks is having a 100-0 scenario, which is not realistic in any way. 

2 minutes ago, gbwead said:

I never said Kriliin's team was good. I'm not a fan of this kind of playstyle and that's fine. However, if you're going to trash him, at least back it up with something good and yet half your post was absolute garbage. The fact that you can't figure out what's the last pokemon of that team is very telling of how much out of touch you are with the meta. Without having watching the duel, nearly anyone in the community would be able to figure out the last pokemon with the 5 other you already listed. I could be wrong, but I think Kriliin even used Defog in the duel too, so perhaps you should take a step back instead of trying so desperately to prove w.e it is you feel like proving.

You sat back and watched your teammate bring an inferior team to the FINALS of TT? Good teammate alert! I backed my statement up quite well, want me to back it up:

1) He brought a team that let Ferro switch in quite comfortably and lay down hazards (which you've already agreed to and convenient forgot when you said I can't back up what I'm saying)

2) Whatever defogger he had clearly didn't do the job because it means not only did he bring a bad team, but that he also played terribly with it

Also, my apologies for not realizing it was Pelipper that brought out the rain. I forget these things, but no I am not out touch with this meta, it was an oversight not "cluelessness"

7 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Oh don't get me wrong. You're completly entitled to your inferiority complex. If braging for no apparent reason and bringing down the current competitive scene helps you with your issues, that's fine. However, I am also entitled to say how much full of shit you are. Hopefully, you can figure out what 50/50 I am talking about one day.

I bragged about my statistics because you said I was not better than the newcomers. so obviously I have to bring statistics into it.  Also, classic selective blindness. as I explained FACTUALLY why my 14-3 record and other statistics entitle me to prove that I am better than the newcomers, and your only response is, "Well that's just your opinion." It's like arguing with a flat-earther. 

Turn 1
Ferro uses SR.
Gliscor Switches In.

Turn 2:

Ferro either uses spikes / leech / switches out.
Gliscor either uses Defog / Taunt.

That's the damn 50/50. The point is that these 50/50s are COMMON in HIGH LEAGUE games. Not to replicate a scenario of "Oh no, what do I do in a 50/50?" Either you're dumb or pretending to be dumn

Oh, so you do understand what 50/50 I was talking about. So where exactly in that duel does this happens? Not a single fucking time. That link had absolutely nothing to do with the situation we both descibed. I understand that insulting me might feel better than admitting that your link was irrelevant in every way.

Your "reliable" way of preventing Ferrothorn from placing rocks is having a 100-0 scenario, which is not realistic in any way. 

You sat back and watched your teammate bring an inferior team to the FINALS of TT? Good teammate alert! I backed my statement up quite well, want me to back it up:

1) He brought a team that let Ferro switch in quite comfortably and lay down hazards (which you've already agreed to and convenient forgot when you said I can't back up what I'm saying)

2) Whatever defogger he had clearly didn't do the job because it means not only did he bring a bad team, but that he also played terribly with it

Also, my apologies for not realizing it was Pelipper that brought out the rain. I forget these things, but no I am not out touch with this meta, it was an oversight not "cluelessness"

Hey, you feel you competed when the competition was at its peak. I disagree, w.e. You want to attack me, that's fine. However, there was no need to go after Kriliin who did not get involved at all here. That was low and vile.

You said: "If Kriliin chose to run a rain team in OU that can switch in on a Ferrothorn, or a defogger to better deal with hazards instead of losing 5-0." That's the equivalent of saying Kriliin should have done either A or B to not lose. Kriliin did B, so it just shows that you wanted to trash him. You didn't bother looking at what really happened because all that mattered was bringing him down in every way possible and adding B to the list of ways of bringing down was important. Pretty shitty attitude imo.

We then disagreed on B being a good solution. You recently admitted that it only leads to 50/50s. If you think relying on 50/50s is a good solution, I apologize because it comes down to gameplay preferences. For me, I consider that more of a compromise than a solution and sometimes I do choose to make such a compromise, but I would never present that option as a solution.

If you're upset with me, you don't have to make it about Sia. We don't need or want your advice to beat anyone. Fred, JJ and you are looking down at the current competitive scene from your high horses. Whether you are right or wrong to do so, it's pretty natural for people that disagree with you guys to look at you as condescending assholes. Unless you win something in this era, whenever you claim your past achivements are greater than newcomers achivements, you can always count on some backlash from me.

I bragged about my statistics because you said I was not better than the newcomers. so obviously I have to bring statistics into it.  Also, classic selective blindness. as I explained FACTUALLY why my 14-3 record and other statistics entitle me to prove that I am better than the newcomers, and your only response is, "Well that's just your opinion." It's like arguing with a flat-earther. 

It's not blindless. You just connected facts one to another, but how am I supposed to know you didn't select some facts and decided to omit others. Usually, the people that brag the most are the ones with the most selective blindness. That's why I don't think it was appropriate to consider your claim since as far as I know it could very well be baseless. Also, considering 8 of the wins come from an unofficial where every round ended apparently in a tie breaker, it's really not very convincing.

Let's assume you did get a 14-3 record. Is that really impressive if no big wins came out of it? Isn't it like winning multiple first/second rounds in a row? I don't think it's that big of a deal or that you're in any position to compare faithfully the past competitive scene to the new one.

tl;dr: Fak u Nik.

9 hours ago, gbwead said:

Oh, so you do understand what 50/50 I was talking about. So where exactly in that duel does this happens? Not a single fucking time. That link had absolutely nothing to do with the situation we both descibed. I understand that insulting me might feel better than admitting that your link was irrelevant in every way.

Again, you need everything spoonfed to you, don't you? You're obsessed that the situation in the replay has to be that something switches in on rocks and either taunts or defogs the ferro. My point was that these so called "50/50s" that you refer to, happen in high league games. Not literally the same "50/50." Your fear about Gliscor being an ineffective defogger vs Ferro is because of losing the "50/50" battle. In other words, you don't want to ever put yourself in "50/50" situations, but you should realize that these "50/50" battles are a part of the game, where you have to actually use your timer and brain to make decisions.  That's such a stupid mentality because unless you're Jesus, you're not going to have the perfect defogger vs the SR user that always forces it out. In the scenario where your defogger straight up loses to the SR user, like Mantine vs Ferro, then you pair Mantine with pokemon that pressure the Ferro. 

Hey, you feel you competed when the competition was at its peak. I disagree, w.e. You want to attack me, that's fine. However, there was no need to go after Kriliin who did not get involved at all here. That was low and vile.

You said: "If Kriliin chose to run a rain team in OU that can switch in on a Ferrothorn, or a defogger to better deal with hazards instead of losing 5-0." That's the equivalent of saying Kriliin should have done either A or B to not lose. Kriliin did B, so it just shows that you wanted to trash him. You didn't bother looking at what really happened because all that mattered was bringing him down in every way possible and adding B to the list of ways of bringing down was important. Pretty shitty attitude imo.

We then disagreed on B being a good solution. You recently admitted that it only leads to 50/50s. If you think relying on 50/50s is a good solution, I apologize because it comes down to gameplay preferences. For me, I consider that more of a compromise than a solution and sometimes I do choose to make such a compromise, but I would never present that option as a solution.

If you're upset with me, you don't have to make it about Sia. We don't need or want your advice to beat anyone. Fred, JJ and you are looking down at the current competitive scene from your high horses. Whether you are right or wrong to do so, it's pretty natural for people that disagree with you guys to look at you as condescending assholes. Unless you win something in this era, whenever you claim your past achivements are greater than newcomers achivements, you can always count on some backlash from me.

Why am I not allowed to criticize a player for the team they brought to the TT finals? I decided to watch the TT to have a better glimpse of what the skill level was like and what better metric than the finals of TT?

You obviously missed the meaning behind my point B. The defogger Kriliin should have brought is something that can beat Ferro, and preferably one with Taunt, because clearly the defogger that he brought didn't do its job. I didn't mean bring ANY defogger. When I said, "a defogger to reliably deal with hazards," it was hazards from ferro because then whatever I said after "defogger" is redundant. If you feel his defogger was good enough, then that goes to show that he is a worse player than builder for letting it faint. 

Again, your definition of what constitutes as a 50/50 is so misleading because you make it sound entirely luck-based. The real 50/50s are your speed ties. whereas these so called "50/50" decisions you refer to are almost entirely dependent on the decision you make. You're in control of the situation, not RNG. It's called playing the game, but you'd rather solely win in your teambuilder rather than having to make a play to save your life. 

I'm not upset with you at all. I involved SIA in this because your OWN players jumped into the argument - like Madara posting a poem, Kriliin posting a meme -  which is something he should stick to, and Kami talking loudly which is all he can do. I'm not going to play any official in this era because again, "effort." You might see me in TT, or a random official if I'm seriously bored, but I can't make commitments to that. You can however watch me compete at the higher leagues this May in WCOP. That would defeat your presumption of me worse than these newcomers unless you believe that these newcomers are better than the players representing their country in Smogon's WCOP, which in that case definitely makes you deluded. 

It's not blindless. You just connected facts one to another, but how am I supposed to know you didn't select some facts and decided to omit others. Usually, the people that brag the most are the ones with the most selective blindness. That's why I don't think it was appropriate to consider your claim since as far as I know it could very well be baseless. Also, considering 8 of the wins come from an unofficial where every round ended apparently in a tie breaker, it's really not very convincing.

Let's assume you did get a 14-3 record. Is that really impressive if no big wins came out of it? Isn't it like winning multiple first/second rounds in a row? I don't think it's that big of a deal or that you're in any position to compare faithfully the past competitive scene to the new one.

tl;dr: Fak u Nik.

You don't believe that I played in every tiebreaker? Ask @Laz. Or ask @RysPicz if he remembers me playing Zhiko in semis. Or ask @AurumPegasus if he remembers because he saw me sweeping with a Reversal Medicham. I know the last two players for a fact watched my battle because they whispered me shortly after it. Again, this is like arguing with a flat-earther or any conspiracy theorist because when you provide facts to rebut their claim, they'll only respond with. "Well that's just your opinion" and you haven't shown that I'm wrong either. 

If you claim that all the newcomers are good, then obviously beating one of them anytime should count for something, doesn't it? What's your definition of "a big win"? Playing your game without having to decide any "50/50s"? Again, this isn't to say that there aren't any new good players at all - you have Zhiko, enchanteur, Julian, and so many more. The pool is a lot more smaller compared to before. 

Edited by NikhilR
23 minutes ago, pachima said:

Since people became havshas I will sum up everything pretty simply:

Past: Some great players. Some good players. Some trash (Small pool)

Present: Almost extinct number of great players. A lot of good players. Massive amount of trash in the form of players (Much bigger pool)

For those that cant think: Great>Good>>trash.

Thats it, easy.

Fair 

33 minutes ago, pachima said:

Since people became havshas I will sum up everything pretty simply:

Past: Some great players. Some good players. Some trash (Small pool)

Present: Almost extinct number of great players. A lot of good players. Massive amount of trash in the form of players (Much bigger pool)

For those that cant think: Great>Good>>trash.

Thats it, easy.

Imagine becoming a havsha lul what dorks

If you claim that all the newcomers are good, then obviously beating one of them anytime should count for something, doesn't it? What's your definition of "a big win"? Playing your game without having to decide any "50/50s"? Again, this isn't to say that there aren't any new good players at all - you have Zhiko, enchanteur, Julian, and so many more. The pool is a lot more smaller compared to before. 

You're overarguing like my gf would do. So I'm stepping in. 

He's not telling you every newcomers are gods, he's telling you the lvl grew much higher than it was before due to many facts. First of all, many of the old good players taught the game to new ones. But more importantly there's also much more players, so much more matches and much more possibilities and much more spectators to analyze and scout in countless many times more tournaments. Nowadays, you play a gimmick that worked, it'll become a trend and you'll have the pokemon you used and your name in 20 google docs pages with theorycrafted EV spread.

It's just the purpose of life, the more the possibilities, the more complex it gets. Therefore, golden aged era like Lyle's would have muuuuuch more problem to shine than before cuz the overall level is just much more higher. It's just logical to me.

Again, you need everything spoonfed to you, don't you? You're obsessed that the situation in the replay has to be that something switches in on rocks and either taunts or defogs the ferro. My point was that these so called "50/50s" that you refer to, happen in high league games. Not literally the same "50/50." Your fear about Gliscor being an ineffective defogger vs Ferro is because of losing the "50/50" battle. In other words, you don't want to ever put yourself in "50/50" situations, but you should realize that these "50/50" battles are a part of the game, where you have to actually use your timer and brain to make decisions.  

Oh so instead of admitting you were completly wrong, you decide to act like a proud fool by pretending you were actually trying to explain to me what a 50/50 looks like? Not only is that not plausible at all, but that's just super condescending. I know what a 50/50 situation looks like. For some reason, you feel the need to belittle people that proves you wrong, sadly it doesn't help you at all. That link is just completly irrelevant:

1. The Ferrothorn player won the duel

2. When I said a 50/50 with Taunt/Defog, that implies the right play is either Taunt or Defog. Why would the Taunt/Defog mon use Defog if there are no hazards on the field? There is no reason to do that, so the only options here would be Taunt or switching out, which is completly different. If the choice is between Taunt or Switch, the 50/50 is Taunt/Switch. We were talking about defoggers, so IRRELEVANT!!! 

20 hours ago, NikhilR said:

That's such a stupid mentality because unless you're Jesus, you're not going to have the perfect defogger vs the SR user that always forces it out. In the scenario where your defogger straight up loses to the SR user, like Mantine vs Ferro, then you pair Mantine with pokemon that pressure the Ferro. 

You said "OR" not "And". You didn't say to play a defogger + something that can pressure Ferrothorn. You said something that can switch on Ferrothorn or a defogger. Please own up to your bullshit. The second part of your criticism was dumb, there is no way around it.

Why am I not allowed to criticize a player for the team they brought to the TT finals? I decided to watch the TT to have a better glimpse of what the skill level was like and what better metric than the finals of TT?

I never said you were not allowed to criticize a player. I don't know why you feel the need to do so here. That probably has to do with your need to bring people down to feel like you're on top, but w.e. You criticize him, but part of your critic was garbage. It's obvious now that you realise how dumb it was and instead of owning up to your stupidity, you're trying to backtrack by changing what you initially said. If you're allowed to criticize someone, I should be allowed to criticize the flaws in your analysis.

You obviously missed the meaning behind my point B. The defogger Kriliin should have brought is something that can beat Ferro, and preferably one with Taunt, because clearly the defogger that he brought didn't do its job. I didn't mean bring ANY defogger. When I said, "a defogger to reliably deal with hazards," it was hazards from ferro because then whatever I said after "defogger" is redundant. If you feel his defogger was good enough, then that goes to show that he is a worse player than builder for letting it faint. 

Again, your definition of what constitutes as a 50/50 is so misleading because you make it sound entirely luck-based. The real 50/50s are your speed ties. whereas these so called "50/50" decisions you refer to are almost entirely dependent on the decision you make. You're in control of the situation, not RNG. It's called playing the game, but you'd rather solely win in your teambuilder rather than having to make a play to save your life. 

Listen, I don't think bringing a taunt/defogger on a rain team is a good idea. Rain teams are usually offense oriented. If you feel like losing crucial momentum and rain turns by using Taunt/Defogger to maybe win a 50/50 among possibly many, go for it. Whenever you run out of excuses for not competing or when you need to increase your number of loses that you can later omit when bragging about your win rate, prove me wrong by playing Gliscor, Mandibuzz or Skarmory with Taunt/Defog on a rain team. Oh and don't forget to not bring anything to pressure Ferrothorn, because you said "OR", not "And".

I'm not upset with you at all. I involved SIA in this because your OWN players jumped into the argument - like Madara posting a poem, Kriliin posting a meme -  which is something he should stick to, and Kami talking loudly which is all he can do. I'm not going to play any official in this era because again, "effort." You might see me in TT, or a random official if I'm seriously bored, but I can't make commitments to that. You can however watch me compete at the higher leagues this May in WCOP. That would defeat your presumption of me worse than these newcomers unless you believe that these newcomers are better than the players representing their country in Smogon's WCOP, which in that case definitely makes you deluded. 

I don't know what's wrong with you. Are you under the impression that we're pals or something? I have no interest in watching you. I don't recall saying you were worse than the newcomers. I guess you now need to validate yourself against things I didn't say. I simply explained that you were out of touch with the meta and the competitive scene, so you are not in a position to judge. 

You don't believe that I played in every tiebreaker? Ask @Laz. Or ask @RysPicz if he remembers me playing Zhiko in semis. Or ask @AurumPegasus if he remembers because he saw me sweeping with a Reversal Medicham. I know the last two players for a fact watched my battle because they whispered me shortly after it. Again, this is like arguing with a flat-earther or any conspiracy theorist because when you provide facts to rebut their claim, they'll only respond with. "Well that's just your opinion" and you haven't shown that I'm wrong either. 

You just don't get it. You didn't provide facts Nik. Your word is not a fact. No one can know if you did omit some losses or not.  Perhaps, you did have to play 8 tie breakers. I'm sure you had to play some, but since you're so desperate to brag about your win rate, I wouldn't be surprised if only had to play 7 or 6 duels instead of the 8 you claim. If Laz confirms that he lost every single duel in that bracket, that would also help. 

Also, you keep bragging about that 14-3 win rate. However, 8 of your 14 wins come from an unofficial tournament. What do unofficial tournaments and old officials have in common? The same exact people sign up for them. Where are the chinese players in that bracket? Where are the newcomers you're so proud to have bested? You won couple of duels for 100k. Sry, but that's just not impressive. A big win is winning something, winning a tournament, winning an invitation, winning idk more than 100k perhaps...

The pool will look smaller to you because you're inactive and don't know any newcomer. We can agree to disagree.

Edited by gbwead

Let me save both of you some time by simply acknowledging that you two are not arguing about something where it is even possible for you to find an agreement. Nik is (subjectively, unfortunately) claiming that the old competitive scene was stronger than the new competitive scene, and gb is arguing that the new competitive scene is either stronger than the old “washed up” players, or he’s just denying nik’s position. 

Either way, there is no actual way to compare the two groups of players. It’s the “MJ vs Lebron” debate and guess what - mj is almost 50 and can’t hoop with lebron right now, and lebron doesn’t have access to a time machine. So the comparison is completely pointless. Not to mention, gb has never in his entire life changed his opinion on something so even if nik were objectively right, gb would just move the goalposts and argue until he literally died. 

Tldr: why is no one smack talking the real issues - like how the central figure in the last psl’s manager coaching scandal signing up to manage again? (Sorry @Parke)

3 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

Let me save both of you some time by simply acknowledging that you two are not arguing about something where it is even possible for you to find an agreement. Nik is (subjectively, unfortunately) claiming that the old competitive scene was stronger than the new competitive scene, and gb is arguing that the new competitive scene is either stronger than the old “washed up” players, or he’s just denying nik’s position. 

Either way, there is no actual way to compare the two groups of players. It’s the “MJ vs Lebron” debate and guess what - mj is almost 50 and can’t hoop with lebron right now, and lebron doesn’t have access to a time machine. So the comparison is completely pointless. Not to mention, gb has never in his entire life changed his opinion on something so even if nik were objectively right, gb would just move the goalposts and argue until he literally died. 

Tldr: why is no one smack talking the real issues - like how the central figure in the last psl’s manager coaching scandal signing up to manage again? (Sorry @Parke)

I change my mind, you're not as bad as I thought xD

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.