[PSL XI] PokeMMO Super League Season 11 General Thread

10 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

So, players in 13-15 are most likely going to be better than the tour players today. 

yeah, but maybe theyve been better cause you were around and maybe the current comp scene would have a higher lvl with you around.

maybe im delusional here, but nowadays every tier has like 2 nice shinies each year (if we´re lucky). we dont have seasonals anymore. i havent been around at the golden age, but when i compare it to what this game is nowadays its harder to go balls deep in terms of motivation. we cant win shiny zards, eevees or turn one of our comps shiny anymore; we gotta deal with shiny ekans. bold claim, but have staff host shiny zard and NU would burn with passion and ud see something else than brainless biba spam.

when all you get is "that guy". smh

Edited by DrButler
3 minutes ago, DrButler said:

yeah, but maybe theyve been better cause you were around and maybe the current comp scene would have a higher lvl with you around.

maybe im delusional here, but nowadays every tier has like 2 nice shinies each year (if we´re lucky). we dont have seasonals anymore. i havent been around at the golden age, but when i compare it to what this game is nowadays its harder to go balls deep in terms of motivation. we cant win shiny zards, eevees or turn one of our comps shiny anymore; we gotta deal with shiny ekans. bold claim, but have staff host shiny zard and NU would burn with passion and ud see something else than brainless biba spam.

bibarel is skillful tho. it has such a big movepool and an excellent ability. im pretty sure even you have one of those

Edited by calidubstep
1 minute ago, calidubstep said:

bibarel is skillful tho. it has such a big movepool and an excellent ability. im pretty sure even you have one of those

i actually do cause someone mailed one. wonder who that was...

doesnt change the fact that the most busted mon in NU is gallade. but going +4 with a single sd and hoping ur opp doesnt have a check is easier than properly supporting and building around gallade i guess.

Just now, gbwead said:

Alright, I'll pick and choose 15 players to talk about out of that made it past round 2.

1) Nagahex: I didn't know who he was prior to the WC where he/she did very well in LC for Argentina.

2) Oscarfail: PSL player, you should know who he is.

3) Zhiko: You should know who he is.

4) Redav: You should know who he is.

5) Madara: You should know who he is.

6) Aurum: You should know who he is.

7) Lotus: You should know who he is.

8) Abstract: You should know who he is.

9) Caanserbero: He does usually well in tournaments and probably won some.

10) RealDevilLegend: PSL and WC player.

11) Saanti/Efronx: You just said you noticed him.

12) OrangeManiac: You should know who he is.

13) Briantattackpro: Very good player and ladders a lot.

14) Haazuu: No clue who that guy is.

15) Butler: @DrButler, that guy.

16) Zymogen: You should know who he is.

17) RabbitAxel: I can't say who it is or if he's good or bad, but I believe he is very active.

18) Inuyasha: I think that's actually an old player, but I don't know him.

19) Villadelobos: PSL and WC player that did well.

20) Evlgoon: You should know who he is.

21) Elregur: Idk who he is, but he won against Urquidi so he can't be that bad.

Okay,

1) Nagahex has a 2-3 record for Argentina. I'll say he / she is competent but nowhere near great.

2) Oscarfail - good player

3) Zhiko - good player

4) Redav - good player

5) Madara - good player

6) Aurum - good player

7) Lotus - I know who he is, but I don't know how good he is. What was his PSL record?

8) Abstract - good player

9) Caanserbero - Show me some tours that he has done well in. 0 mentions in the HoF.

10) RealDevilLegend - good player

11) saanti - Good player

12) OrangeManic - Good player

13) brianatackpro - He's got one mention in HoF, but I don't know other than that how good he is. 4/6 of his opps are people I don't recognize:https://pokemmo.eu/tournament/?id=1142

14) Haazuu - Probs one of the top 5 players in this list

15) Butler - good player

16) Zymogen - I know he is, but I don't know how good he is

17) RabbitAxel - Yeah, he's most likely not good despite his activity.

18) Inuyasha - Definitely not an old player, and if an old player, then not a good one since I haven't heard of him. Probably not one even now.

19) villadelobos - Heard of him, what team did he play for in WC? I want to see his record.

20) Evlgoon - good player

21) Elregur - Beating urquidi is not an achievement seeing as how I found urquidi's name in the WC Spreadsheet, and dude was 0-3. 

There are some good players and below tier players in this list, and VERY, VERY few that I would ever trust to play a tiebreaker. 

Just now, DrButler said:

I don't blame you at all, MMO is a sinking ship with the way things have been going lately, and it doesn't seem like there'd be much of an improvement. My advice would be to focus more on Showdown. If you're an NU enthusiast, you should look at the NU section of Smogon's website, learn the tier and have fun. You'll meet some great folks (and horrible ones) who will make battling so much more enjoyable. 

54 minutes ago, calidubstep said:

you're right, i couldn't win a sawk like you did so i must be bad

ye and cause you didnt you get 0 credit and i said so. idk where, but im sure i did.

if i was too far off you would hardly be offended. ur pretty open about not giving too many fucks about effort and building in general and you use biba.

feel free to prove me wrong tho; show me a single replay of santi actually getting a play right w/o clicking bdrum or sd beforehand. you wont find a single one. thats how taxing biba is.

E: maybe he actually did a decent play by doubling biba into obv lix or something like that, idk. doesnt change the fact hes bad and made finals thx to spamming bdrum/+4 sd.

Spoiler

no offense, just facts.

so ill rephrase: you dont have to be bad to use it, but you dont need a single brain cell either.

51 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

You'll meet some great folks (and horrible ones) who will make battling so much more enjoyable.  

if you´re selective matches in here arent too shabby either. grinds dumb tho, ye.

Edited by DrButler
45 minutes ago, DrButler said:

doesnt change the fact hes bad and made finals thx to spamming bdrum/+4 sd.

Hide contents

you´re selective matches in here arent too shabby either. grinds dumb tho, ye.

so ill rephrase: you dont have to be bad to use it, but you dont need a single brain cell either.

According to the hall of fame, he's made just one less nu final than you have. idk santiii, but not all that fair to just straight up say he's bad. And if I was him, I'd take not needing to use a single brain cell to make one less final any day.. Gotta save those brain cells for irl jobs imo

Also, to quote our amazing host @DaftCoolio:

dMx0y1N.png

1 minute ago, calidubstep said:

According to the hall of fame, he's made just one less nu final than you have. idk santiii, but not all that fair to just straight up say he's bad. And if I was him, I'd take not needing to use a single brain cell to make one less final any day.. Gotta save those brain cells for irl jobs imo

Also, to quote our amazing host @DaftCoolio:

dMx0y1N.png

ok so:

1) if he didnt kick lotus in quarters cause flinch, itd be 2 less.

2) when i saw him hax lotus, i felt relieved and sad at the same time. honestly, mainly relieved, cause tho we´ve been team mates for ages ( <3 ), lotus would have been one pain in the ass to face in finals and i feel like winning woulda been a flip. since he got haxed; free - whoever made finals.

3) ahh ye, that good old rl excuse. im pretty sure he barely had any energy left to play the tour, which is why he had to resort to skill mons. if he had the energy he probably would have had teams that required some effort while building, right? cause... uh, you cant prep teams in advance. i mean if you dont wanna put any effort into this game its ur good right and probably the right attitude, but dont give people those fkn poor excuses for being lazy af.

8 hours ago, NikhilR said:

Okay,

1) Nagahex has a 2-3 record for Argentina. I'll say he / she is competent but nowhere near great.

2) Oscarfail - good player

3) Zhiko - good player

4) Redav - good player

5) Madara - good player

6) Aurum - good player

7) Lotus - I know who he is, but I don't know how good he is. What was his PSL record?

8) Abstract - good player

9) Caanserbero - Show me some tours that he has done well in. 0 mentions in the HoF.

10) RealDevilLegend - good player

11) saanti - Good player

12) OrangeManic - Good player

13) brianatackpro - He's got one mention in HoF, but I don't know other than that how good he is. 4/6 of his opps are people I don't recognize:https://pokemmo.eu/tournament/?id=1142

14) Haazuu - Probs one of the top 5 players in this list

15) Butler - good player

16) Zymogen - I know he is, but I don't know how good he is

17) RabbitAxel - Yeah, he's most likely not good despite his activity.

18) Inuyasha - Definitely not an old player, and if an old player, then not a good one since I haven't heard of him. Probably not one even now.

19) villadelobos - Heard of him, what team did he play for in WC? I want to see his record.

20) Evlgoon - good player

21) Elregur - Beating urquidi is not an achievement seeing as how I found urquidi's name in the WC Spreadsheet, and dude was 0-3. 

There are some good players and below tier players in this list, and VERY, VERY few that I would ever trust to play a tiebreaker. 

I don't blame you at all, MMO is a sinking ship with the way things have been going lately, and it doesn't seem like there'd be much of an improvement. My advice would be to focus more on Showdown. If you're an NU enthusiast, you should look at the NU section of Smogon's website, learn the tier and have fun. You'll meet some great folks (and horrible ones) who will make battling so much more enjoyable. 

Quizás mi récord en wc haya sido eso por varias razones una el 1er duel lo tenia ganado lamentablemente sufrí una desconexión 2da la tier que tuve que jugar fue lc que como dije recién empiezo y para esas veces fue las primeras que jugué además que sin couch y por última me enfrente de manera directa al couch cosa que yo no tenía y no pedía tampoco así que fue una pésima participación mia puedo decir que soy bastante nuevo en el juego pero ya muchos me conocen quizás no tenga un nivel de competencia para estar entre los mejores pero dar de que hablar si puedo y lo haré 

Y gracias a Cali Souu Gbwead por mencionarme y apoyarme no los defraudare 

15 minutes ago, urquidi said:

Quizás mi récord en wc haya sido eso por varias razones una el 1er duel lo tenia ganado lamentablemente sufrí una desconexión 2da la tier que tuve que jugar fue lc que como dije recién empiezo y para esas veces fue las primeras que jugué además que sin couch y por última me enfrente de manera directa al couch cosa que yo no tenía y no pedía tampoco así que fue una pésima participación mia puedo decir que soy bastante nuevo en el juego pero ya muchos me conocen quizás no tenga un nivel de competencia para estar entre los mejores pero dar de que hablar si puedo y lo haré 

Y gracias a Cali Souu Gbwead por mencionarme y apoyarme no los defraudare 

Hey man, apologies for presuming your ability solely based on your WC without having more info. I think you have the potential to become much better, and you really have a great attitude from what I can tell, so I know you're going to do well if you keep up what you're doing. I just don't think you're currently at that skill level where people would perceive you a threat, but that can all change in time. Good luck!

the old player remembers past victories as he can no longer win today?

it takes frags as an example but it was not the king before? normal that it is always good

now the other old player says that he will always be at the top today but he does not prove he is only talking

gb has played before and now he can do this first to have a constructive opinion

I have nothing more to say because you have the final just a problem of excessive ego not to understand that the competition and much more complex than your time

Everyone wants to believe they're better or that their meta was superior to any other. Regardless, in the past we had a better, more competitive "community." Today, the "game" itself is better but the community is really weak. That's what it really comes down to. 

Now with that in mind, I'd argue that any top tier player from the past, that commits the ridiculous amount of hours in that we use to, would probably be right there at the top of the totem pole today.

#stillnotat10k#bejelly 

52 minutes ago, MadaraSixSix said:

the old player remembers past victories as he can no longer win today?

it takes frags as an example but it was not the king before? normal that it is always good

now the other old player says that he will always be at the top today but he does not prove he is only talking

gb has played before and now he can do this first to have a constructive opinion

I have nothing more to say because you have the final just a problem of excessive ego not to understand that the competition and much more complex than your time

I thought this would be a poem, or a song.

Now im disappointed.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.