Butler 
coffeehot 
Kepzal 
AxLKghost
Redav 
Souu 

Edited by DaftCoolio
14 minutes ago, DaftCoolio said:

The draft format will be a full snake draft instead of the typical auction.

14 minutes ago, DaftCoolio said:

SMOU

15 minutes ago, DaftCoolio said:

The top four teams after the regular season will play for first place, the bottom four teams will play for fifth place. 

trash host spoted

16 minutes ago, DaftCoolio said:

Coaching will not be allowed. Anyone found to be coaching or being coached will be punished. 

scary!

Edited by gbwead
10 minutes ago, DaftCoolio said:

Week 1: General Thread and Rule/Changes Discussion.

Week 2: Manager’s sign up thread will open.

Week 3: Manager’s sign up thread will be closed, managers will be announced and player sign up thread will open.

Week 4 - 5: Player sign up thread will be closed. Draft will occur around this time depending on scheduling.

This phase can probably be done in 3 weeks. 

My recommendation: 

Week 1: General Thread and Rule/Changes Discussion. & Manager’s sign up thread will open. ( we don't need to have the rules/discussion solidified to let managers start signing up)

Week 2: Manager’s sign up thread will be closed, managers will be announced and player sign up thread will open.

Week 3: Player sign up thread will be closed. Draft will occur around this time depending on scheduling.

17 minutes ago, DaftCoolio said:

Welcome to the eleventh season of the PokeMMO "Super" League – widely accepted as the finest and most "prestigious" tournament in PokeMMO, both officially and unofficially!  The PokeMMO "Super" League is a "team based" tournament. Eight managers buy together a team and try to lead that team to victory in a thrilling nine week long journey. It certainly is one of the most "enjoyable" competitions PokeMMO can offer you, so why not read along and join the fun?

7 minutes ago, RLotus said:

The auction is what defines an spl style tournament. This is just a shitty version of smogon's snake draft.

Yeah, in my opinion the auction constitutes half of the pre-season hype and anticipation. There’s so much strategy and risk involved in an auction that a snake draft just seems like a cop-out. 

21 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

Yeah, in my opinion the auction constitutes half of the pre-season hype and anticipation. There’s so much strategy and risk involved in an auction that a snake draft just seems like a cop-out. 

I personally think a balance is the way forward, like in PSL 8 iirc, where the first 2 rounds were draft with the rest being a regular auction, which ensures that every team got a minimum of 2 players they could rely on week in week out.

The idea behind a "Manager's choice" tier is a really neat one man. I don't know if having SM OU is the right call,  mainly because it's so different from MMO OU and so I doubt we'd have the requisite amount of players to sign up for it. BW OU as a replacement would be most ideal as it is closest to MMO OU.  Anyway, I'm sure that this season's going to be a fun one with you as the host, best of luck Coolio!

Edited by NikhilR
25 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

The idea behind a "Manager's choice" tier is a really neat one man. I don't know if having SM OU is the right call,  mainly because it's so different from MMO and so I doubt we'd have the requisite amount of players to sign up for it. BW OU as a replacement would be most ideal as it is closest to MMO OU.  I'm sure that this season's going to be a fun one with you as the host, best of luck Coolio!

stop being nice and supportive... dont u know this community are assfucks that complains about everything

18 minutes ago, gbwead said:

We don't need SM OU, DPP OU or BW OU, because this is PSL: PokeMMO Super League. Most this community don't want or care for Showdown tiers. It's a joke to even consider those an option over any mmo tier.

Most of this community does want or care for showdown tiers. See? I too can make baseless statements incapable of being proven wrong 

2 hours ago, Zymogen said:

Is there a council? If so, who, and will they and the host be allowed to play? 

Nope and Nope

16 minutes ago, gbwead said:

We don't need SM OU, DPP OU or BW OU, because this is PSL: PokeMMO Super League. Most this community don't want or care for Showdown tiers. It's a joke to even consider those an option over any mmo tier.

Your right this is PokeMMO Super League where we have had at least one showdown tier every season. Most of the community might not want or care about showdown tiers, but in saying that your conceding that it means some of them do. Its an event for the community and there has been significant interest in SMOU in the past

2 hours ago, Zymogen said:

No doubt there is more strategy and risk involved in an auction but that isn't to say there is none in a snake. The main reasoning behind a snake is to make the tournament more competitive with more even teams. And I get the whole but its up to managers to pick a good team argument but this isn't a tournament for eight people. I don't want players to lose interest literally once they have been bought because the manager that bought them made a garbage roster.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.