Sweet Scent Buffs

FutaLoliKing

Question

20 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Eggplant said:

yes plz it's for my ocd

I feel you, having 2 PP left is...not pleasant.

Assume the cost of sweet scent outside of battle got lowered from 5 -> 4.

Leppa berry only restores 10 PP and I assume most players use it when they are down atleast 10 PP.

So in most shiny hunting cases, I would assume most players only use leppa berries to restore it back to 30/32 (or 20/20, 20/24, 20/28 ). Unless they want to use more leppa berries or plan on going back to pc to restore PP instead.

If we restore it back to 30/32, we would still end up with that 2 PP leftover :.^(

Sorry if I'm missing something, my brain probably isn't fully functioning at 4:30 AM.

16 minutes ago, Deviluke said:

So in most shiny hunting cases, I would assume most players only use leppa berries to restore it back to 30/32 (or 20/20, 20/24, 20/28 ). Unless they want to use more leppa berries or plan on going back to pc to restore PP instead.

If we restore it back to 30/32, we would still end up with that 2 PP leftover

Not really, since only 4 PP would be used now... Players would just use up all 32 first, and then use 2 leppa, get 5 more SS, and repeat. No extra PP left c:

25 minutes ago, Akshit said:

Not really, since only 4 PP would be used now... Players would just use up all 32 first, and then use 2 leppa, get 5 more SS, and repeat. No extra PP left c:

eyyy you right, no more leftover PP.

Oh, if you restore it back to 30/32, then you would have 2 PP leftover, then using 3 leppa would get you back to 32

:^) my brain is working

6 minutes ago, razimove said:

What of instead you invreased the pp to 35 when maxed, and kept the 5pp/use mechanic?

TL'DR: think about it like this. You have a plate of 32 cookies that you and your best friend are gonna eat. It's alot easier to tell your friend hey only eat 4 cookies at a time, rather then get the waiter to bring you more cookies

12 minutes ago, FutaLoliKing said:

TL'DR: think about it like this. You have a plate of 32 cookies that you and your best friend are gonna eat. It's alot easier to tell your friend hey only eat 4 cookies at a time, rather then get the waiter to bring you more cookies

Im helping your csse my dude, except you get 7 usages instead of 8, but the pp still reaches 0 this way to prevent OCD's, I honestly have no clue what you sre implying here.

Edited by razimove
Just now, razimove said:

Im helping your case my dude, except you get 7 usages instead of 8, but the pp still reaches 0 this way to prevent OCD's

I know and I'm explaining where a 5 -> 4 buff is more likely and easier then a buff to the pp of it. One is hard coded into the game with set values. The other is reading that hardcoded data and saying 'hey if you see this move performing this action take 5 from that move'

2 minutes ago, Acarus said:

buff this is like a way to make ppl less using leppa *pressing downvote* none touch ma business

Tbh your leppa market only exists cause people are lazy and dont wanna make berries in their own.

Edited by FutaLoliKing
Misspell
Just now, FutaLoliKing said:

Tbh your leppa market only exists cause people are lazy and dont wanna make berries in their own.

Random quote cause android is bad, its literally the same, they can tweak anything, a good example being the pokemon stats, like you can see we have lots with gen7 stats, moves with gen3 bp etc, both changes are done in 2 minutes if rhey really want.

12 minutes ago, Acarus said:

buff this is like a way to make ppl less using leppa *pressing downvote* none touch ma business

3 hours ago, Akshit said:

Since they would be even more useful, letting a player summon more hordes, their prices might increase.

:thonk:

6 minutes ago, Akshit said:

:thonk:

They would be equally as useful, just more efficient, thus resulting in fewer leppas needed for the same outcome and therefore fewer leppas being bought and their price slowly decreasing.

Ultimately, leppas are good as they are now and there are much more important things to focus on right now than a few people being visually displeased with having 2 remaining PPs.

6 minutes ago, Dazuzi said:

They would be equally as useful, just more efficient, thus resulting in fewer leppas needed for the same outcome and therefore fewer leppas being bought and their price slowly decreasing.

Ultimately, leppas are good as they are now and there are much more important things to focus on right now than a few people being visually displeased with having 2 remaining PPs.

It's not about visually plzing it's about efficiency. I want to be able to extract every possible xP point from every move. And since sweet scent is rarely a move used inside battle, I want to be efficient with my pp usage..

15 hours ago, Acarus said:

Actually no, it'd still be the same consumption of leppas, since people would use leppas to restore PP from 0 to 30, which is the same as 2 to 32. So the cycle would go like this:

> 32 PP: 8 sweet scents

> 3 leppas take the PP up to 30

> 30 PP: 7 sweet scents, leaving 2 PP

> 3 leppas will bring that back up to 32

> And repeat.

That'd be pretty satisfactory and the leppa market won't change cause of this buff. I'm totally down for this. I don't see a reason not to do this either.