Multiple ideas that might help (needs tweaks)

mistaaablake

Question

Introduce prefab -->  basically the purified and protected zone, but can be purchased and placed by a team or person. It would be a nice replacement for leppa berries while shiny hunting. Maybe it can be crafted using 1000x Leppas and lasts 6 hours for a whole team. Maybe in this zone, you can choose to make hordes of pokemon that don't normally show up in hordes? Do this by mixing in that pokemons favorite type of berry!

Also I think all zones should have "Roaming hordes" of pokemon to keep things fresh. 

Balance this by releasing a custom item that will show which pokemon are roaming all areas or just have a popup in corner of your screen when visiting an area. This could be an expensive item, anywhere between one and five mil, that would be reusable. You could even add a mystery pokemon or something. Mix in ghost pokemon in certain places that only show up after the story is complete or whatever. 

Add an expensive team item (single use) that, once activated, makes 1x31 and 2x31 much more likely to find in the surrounding area. These are practical team events in my eyes. 

I would also love to click egg moves and have that bring me to a screen that shows which pokemon learn that move in my egg group. A popular alternative could be an in game browser that directs to a subforum on your website.

An NPC that buys old comps (to keep value at a reasonable price) 

An NPC that buys Dittos 

And reintroduce some of the old vanities into the shop. You could even add a sparkle/shiny effect to the original items. Like blue flaming skull could be put back into the shop for 1500 RP but all original Flaming Skulls would get an added particle effect to show they are the OG limited items.

I could whip up prototypes of anything or go into more detail of how I think the balancing would work. I have many many ideas, and I know I come off scatter brained when typing on mobile.

21 answers to this question

1 hour ago, razimove said:

Besides the roaming hordes that were suggested previously, seems like your ideas would make economy even worst. And also, read suggestion rules, one per thread.

I'm sorry that you find it hard to imagine the game changing, but I believe it is in a bad place. If your seasoned players end game is just brain numbing ditto breeding than something needs to be changed. 

The economy should reward you for breeding comps, but comps do not sell for what they are worth anymore. Adding an NPC that buys comps would create structure for the pricing methods on GTL and would also deal with the comp pokemon being over populated. You would also see more comp pokemon shinies being hatched, instead of theses nasty ditto shinies that come out being male with no stats. People are afraid to breed anything because the value is just not there. The buyers are just not there, and growth is capped at 1m per day from berry framing. Flipping Shinies for noobies is impossible because the market is junk, and the rich can wait to the point that the shiny sellers want to quit the game. Something needs to change. This one small change is very important in my eyes. 

An NPC that buys dittos is just a suggestion but probably not the best idea. It's just to keep incentive for the ditto farmers that enjoy doing that and to preserve the market as-is. 

Adding a new item to help catch pokemon better pokemon or reduce the amount of leppas needed to shiny hunt for a team would not hurt economy either... It gives incentive and boosts incentives to form large teams and do things together, plus it could be balanced... 

The game as it is, really needs way more money funneled into newer players. Especially the ones willing to grind and that's a fact. 

1 minute ago, razimove said:

Ok so, you believe the game is in a bad place, so better implement more game breaking ideas? And sorry but my comps actually sell, to the point I breed 30+ weekly. Maybe you should reconsider your methods however.

Bruh. You are so condescending. You do not breed 30 pokemon a week, and even if you did, then you need to go outside and learn to not be such a snot nosed little dude. Reality check.

7 minutes ago, mistaaablake said:

Bruh. You are so condescending. You do not breed 30 pokemon a week, and even if you did, then you need to go outside and learn to not be such a snot nosed little dude. Reality check.

This is the sad part you see, I actually do, and I do have a rl, as I said previously to others I'm willing to teach anyone. Just play the game instead of always thinking you are being victimized. The chinese didnt have the luxury you had of having rare vanities when they first started/came back, and you dont see them crying. (Also, just between us, dont sell things like kyu for 40% less value, or you really will never actually make a profit.)

2 minutes ago, razimove said:

This is the sad part you see, I actually do, and I do have a rl, as I said previously to others I'm willing to teach anyone. Just play the game instead of always thinking you are being victimized. The chinese didnt have the luxury you had of having rare vanities when they first started/came back, and you dont see them crying. (Also, just between us, dont sell things like kyu for 40% less value, or you really will never actually make a profit.)

I made suggestions on what I thought would help new players. I never felt victimized. I'm here, giving away cash, down trading shinnies to new players and giving them cash because they are having a hard time in the market that won't bid on their things. Why are you in this thread in the first place? Do you really have the luxury of 40 hours in a single day? Because it sounds like you are keeping track of what everyone sells and you're even breeding 30 comps a week AND selling them! wowie! Please tell me how you manage to do all that and stay current on 42 anime series at the same time. Women must love you!!! Let me get that notepad and you can teach me a thing or two. Much appreciated. 

9 hours ago, mistaaablake said:

Introduce prefab -->  basically the purified and protected zone, but can be purchased and placed by a team or person. It would be a nice replacement for leppa berries while shiny hunting. Maybe it can be crafted using 1000x Leppas and lasts 6 hours for a whole team. Maybe in this zone, you can choose to make hordes of pokemon that don't normally show up in hordes? Do this by mixing in that pokemons favorite type of berry!

That makes leppas less profitable in long term tbh, also I would say its clear that some pokemon will never be in hordes 

Add an expensive team item (single use) that, once activated, makes 1x31 and 2x31 much more likely to find in the surrounding area. These are practical team events in my eyes. 

That neglects fairness of chance to all players - you are as likely to find 1x31 iv as much as I am. 

I would also love to click egg moves and have that bring me to a screen that shows which pokemon learn that move in my egg group. A popular alternative could be an in game browser that directs to a subforum on your website.

That could be helpful I guess

An NPC that buys Dittos 

That would set standard prize, instead of making it player-based. People are buying dittos anyway, even those without ivs. 

And reintroduce some of the old vanities into the shop. You could even add a sparkle/shiny effect to the original items. Like blue flaming skull could be put back into the shop for 1500 RP but all original Flaming Skulls would get an added particle effect to show they are the OG limited items.

In some way this would affect people who have those original items, Someone who doesn't care about particle even could buy it for 1500 rp and never would he have to get it from players who originally bought it. Its great way to destroy the value of some items. 

That's my opinion, tho. 

2 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

I'm pretty sure that insults and talking about personal life are not needed to have a civilized discussion.

Let me just destroy the kid really quickly tho.

From top to bottom, first idea, ridiculous, price is too cheap aswell, leppas exist for a reason, and its not a charity system, you want it? You pay for them.

Roaming hordes not a bad idea, suggested previously.

1*31s and over already have low values, no need to further make them cheaper. Once again, learn thr game and stop being a whiny kid q.q.

An npc that buys old comps, possibly the dumbest idea as of lately here. Ehat would define a pokemon as comp, and why does the game need another 'new cash influx' method?

Npc for dittos. Shitto market already exist, and so does a market for breeder dittos. Once again, learn the game. 

With that said, just a curiosity of mine, and sorry for making this one personal bear, but I'm laughing too much, ehich newbie did you help? Kaos with the kyu hat? Such a newbie smh where was kaos 4 years ago... Bad player, totally newbie.

Okay so, first off, this thread is in violation of Rules for Suggestion Box - Read Before Posting!:

5. Provide only one suggestion per thread and make the title a clear and concise indicator of the suggestion.

This thread neither has only one suggestion nor is the title a clear and concise indicator of the suggestion.

Introduce prefab -->  basically the purified and protected zone, but can be purchased and placed by a team or person. It would be a nice replacement for leppa berries while shiny hunting.

Getting a zone with buffed shiny encounter rate is really a bad idea cause of the following reasons:

• Donator Tickets (one of the key RP income items for the developers) are purchased a lot due to them giving a slight increase in shiny encounter. Having an alternative to that would ruin the economy around the RP market, and would affect DEV's income.
  • Leppa berries play a vital role in the shiny hunting community, as well as has a whole economy around it. So it would make the economy even worse causing a downfall in demand and sales.
  • Shiny rate is fair.

Maybe it can be crafted using 1000x Leppas and lasts 6 hours for a whole team.

1k leppa for 6 hours, for a whole team !? 

Most people use that many leppa individually and don't even find one. 

Maybe in this zone, you can choose to make hordes of pokemon that don't normally show up in hordes? Do this by mixing in that pokemons favorite type of berry!

Pokemons which do not show up in horde would face a big setback in their value if they can be made available through hordes. Again, bad for economy and unfair to those who worked hard to find individual encounter shiny. Also, this game tries very hard to keep most of the gameplay features and spawn rates, etc similar to the original games. So if you want to find a pokemon, find it how you're originally supposed to. Keep the challenge real.

You already have phenomena & shiny encounter pokemon with buffed IVs. There is a vast majority of players who hunt both, as well as hunting for breeders makes a good timesink for the game too. Also 1x31 ... 2x31 are not hard to find, so getting an expensive item for that makes no sense, I do not find it practical (or useful).

I like this point, showing all pokemons who can learn a specific move would indeed be very helpful for all players, from casual storyrunners to comp players to breeders, etc...

Though I'm pretty sure this has been suggested many times before too.

An NPC that buys Dittos 

You already got players willing to buy both, at reasonable prices, keeps the economy fresh and going. Breeding mechanics already take out lots of pokemons from the game.. there is really no need for this. Demand for dittos, even bad ones, is always high cause shiny hunting through breeding is a thing. Even old comps can be sold as OP Gym Re-matchers / breeders for better one, etc.

And reintroduce some of the old vanities into the shop.

They already do that. Seasonal vanity items are always brought back. Event Only items might be brought back in future too.

You could even add a sparkle/shiny effect to the original items. Like blue flaming skull could be put back into the shop for 1500 RP but all original Flaming Skulls would get an added particle effect to show they are the OG limited items.

You are talking about a 'Time Limited' item here so a hard no to that. Really goes against the whole 'Time Limited' concept. Not only would it be unfair and misleading to those who got these items, it would also bring down the economy, hard. Game gets new Time Limited items added every now and then, and the amount of RPs bought during those times are high because people invest in them believing they are exclusive only one time coming to shop items. They make for a good investment for players from a long term perspective, and keeps DEV's pockets filling up nicely too. Bringing back such items would cause  a lot of backlash from the community & affect the amount of RPs which are purchased in future for 'Time Limited' items since there would be a general distrust in the public. And almost all the old Time Limited Vanity items are still active in-game & can be bought by anyone if he / she is willing to pay the right amount for it. There is a whole economy around it, so it would do more harm to the economy than it would good.

I would quit the game if they dare bring back Time Limited items.....

I spend a lot of hard earned pokédollars on those and i farmed a lot of hours for those amounts:/

Thats like  waisting 1000 of hours of your life trying to catch a magikarp.....Which is just not done....(Though Magikarp is OP as fuck,better use one of your masterballs)

Like you have rare vanity hunters, you have shiny hunters....who, guess what? Use leppa's.... I myself stack 1000 of leppa's or more to go hunt (and even after a lot of time i'm still shinyless,It's part of the game so don't complain....)  How would they feel to know their months of looking for a single encounter shiny where waisted because they are now in hordes?

To make it simple:You will destroy the game for older players, who are at the core of making this game last and making development possible. Most new players don't last as the older ones have and quit after a month or 2-3 because they lose intrest. Not saying you shouldn't help them, god knows how much i spend on helping new players of my team.... But why let your "help" destroy the larger part of our great community? Look at the bigger picture, its not just new players you need to look out for..... If a new player really wants he can make it to the same level through hard work as we all did once.

I thought the team items was a good idea. I also think that standardized prices for some things makes sense. There is a way it could all work, absolutely I think they are good ideas and that's why I shared them. Sorry I got too excited and decided to post more than one idea. Also Bear is right, that first dude is a nobody and really doesn't deserve anymore attention lol. The team item could even be awarded for tournament winners or something. It doesn't "exclude" but would be set in place to build team mentality.

Also I have boxes of old dittos that lost value. I have 5x31 natured Porygons that lost all value when they made their last change to genderless breeding. Did I lose value? Yes. Am I still playing? Yep. Some change isn't a bad thing, not to mention it's the devs opinion that really matters. Economy influx = RP sales too. They can do what they want, and some really cool people will breed 30+ comps a week. 

41 minutes ago, mistaaablake said:

I thought the team items was a good idea. I also think that standardized prices for some things makes sense. There is a way it could all work, absolutely I think they are good ideas and that's why I shared them. Sorry I got too excited and decided to post more than one idea. Also Bear is right, that first dude is a nobody and really doesn't deserve anymore attention lol. The team item could even be awarded for tournament winners or something. It doesn't "exclude" but would be set in place to build team mentality.

Also I have boxes of old dittos that lost value. I have 5x31 natured Porygons that lost all value when they made their last change to genderless breeding. Did I lose value? Yes. Am I still playing? Yep. Some change isn't a bad thing, not to mention it's the devs opinion that really matters. Economy influx = RP sales too. They can do what they want, and some really cool people will breed 30+ comps a week. 

Here is what you are missing, standarized means the market would get saturated very fast, that isnt helpful. Also it introduces new cash influx into the economy? Do you know ehat that means, or do you need to take economy 101? Inflaction. Same can be said about the current berry farming problem. Rp although tied to the economy, is not what gets the wheel moving if you ask me. Everything goes by search and demand, if the rp market dies which sometimes happen, rp drops value, a lot of value (like 9 months ago, 30 days donator was sold 700k/ea for example), guesd who else had perfect genderless and paid a crazy amount for them? Me, do I really care? Nah, games move forward and that change was eventually needed to help the comp community.

Anytmhing that activelly removes a player market from the game isnt healthy, unless you burn lots of cash in the proccess. Same applies to any method that makes farming easier. Can you salt my popcorns now?

1 hour ago, razimove said:

Here is what you are missing, standarized means the market would get saturated very fast, that isnt helpful. Also it introduces new cash influx into the economy? Do you know ehat that means, or do you need to take economy 101? Inflaction. Same can be said about the current berry farming problem. Rp although tied to the economy, is not what gets the wheel moving if you ask me. Everything goes by search and demand, if the rp market dies which sometimes happen, rp drops value, a lot of value (like 9 months ago, 30 days donator was sold 700k/ea for example), guesd who else had perfect genderless and paid a crazy amount for them? Me, do I really care? Nah, games move forward and that change was eventually needed to help the comp community.

Anytmhing that activelly removes a player market from the game isnt healthy, unless you burn lots of cash in the proccess. Same applies to any method that makes farming easier. Can you salt my popcorns now?

You have a reputation as a rager, I get that, I was warned about you now... But if you'd like to be taken seriously, I'm gonna need you to at least attempt to type in a way that doesn't make you lose all credibility right away. You've obviously been out of school for a very long time and maybe been relying on auto correct a little too much.   standarized isnt ehat Inflaction guesd anytmhing activelly proccess popcorns.  There are many many assumptions that can be made about internet trolls such as yourself. Take care of yourself man, I really don't care what you have to say.

If you want your suggestions to be taken seriously in the future, I would suggest listening to constructive feedback instead of getting defensive at the first glance of criticism and posting immature arguments such as:

10 hours ago, mistaaablake said:

I'm sorry that you find it hard to imagine the game changing

5 hours ago, mistaaablake said:

You do not breed 30 pokemon a week, and even if you did, then you need to go outside and learn to not be such a snot nosed little dude. Reality check.

2 hours ago, mistaaablake said:

that first dude is a nobody and really doesn't deserve anymore attention lol.

21 minutes ago, mistaaablake said:

You have a reputation as a rager

TL;DR: Akshit's and Bear's posts were well constructed and explained why your suggestions aren't good. /thread

28 minutes ago, mistaaablake said:

You have a reputation as a rager, I get that, I was warned about you now... But if you'd like to be taken seriously, I'm gonna need you to at least attempt to type in a way that doesn't make you lose all credibility right away. You've obviously been out of school for a very long time and maybe been relying on auto correct a little too much.   standarized isnt ehat Inflaction guesd anytmhing activelly proccess popcorns.  There are many many assumptions that can be made about internet trolls such as yourself. Take care of yourself man, I really don't care what you have to say.

Nah I dont. And I still lack to see you counter argumenting against me or anyone, I guess the amount of people backing up my comments also means im raging? Pls kid at least make an effort like Xatu or daedalus used to.

You are the hero we need but dont deserve my dude. And please dont listen to Dazuzi too, he is just a troll smh, really bad forum rep as a troll, 'rager' and something else I forgot. Trust me. Pls.

Edited by razimove
13 minutes ago, razimove said:

Nah I dont. And I still lack to see you counter argumenting against me or anyone, I guess the amount of people backing up my comments also means im raging? Pls kid at least make an effort like Xatu or daedalus used to.

You are the hero we need but dont deserve my dude. And please dont listen to Dazuzi too, he is just a troll smh, really bad forum rep as a troll, 'rager' and something else I forgot. Trust me. Pls.

You both should try and be more civilized, its not that hard to show some kindness you know. The kid was just trying to give a suggestion to the game, don't discourage it, he maybe will have some good ideas up his sleeve later on. Atleast he tries to better this community. Get's a A+ for effort if you ask me. If you have a better idea, i want to see you give it a go, otherwise dont break someone down and keep it civilized.

45 minutes ago, mistaaablake said:

You two were asked to drop the petty personal attacks, please do not continue any further.

6 minutes ago, Quadesh said:

You both should try and be more civilized, its not that hard to show some kindness you know. The kid was just trying to give a suggestion to the game, don't discourage it, he maybe will have some good ideas up his sleeve later on. Atleast he tries to better this community. Get's a A+ for effort if you ask me. If you have a better idea, i want to see you give it a go, otherwise dont break someone down and keep it civilized.

Read my first comments tho, they were somewhat civilized, the kid just stsrted complaining and crying about everything, even when I told him I could help him breed more efficiently, if breeding and making a profit from it was a pain for him. From there we all just laughed at his expenses, you're right, except for the fact that I took my time to explain him how it would effect the economy, and how is suggestions were full of flaws.