EV training hall

Malorne

Question

Main concept : 
A building with one entrance, you must talk to the guard to enter a room dedicated to the EV you wish to train in. Infinite NPC rebattle with level either to your choosing or default (choosing suits better for ev'ing low levels) without any exp or cash reward
Entrance : You must pay a required amount of fee to enter and stay for a specific time (much like repel, extended duration will cost extra), switching rooms will also cost a fee.

10 answers to this question

I feel that the whole experience for PokeMMO is to some what keep it to a original experience of Pokemon with features everyone liked in one package, also I find EV training easy enough already. I am not against the idea, but why would I go to this EV hall and have to pay when I can go and do horde battles for free?

10 hours ago, Branni said:

I feel that the whole experience for PokeMMO is to some what keep it to a original experience of Pokemon with features everyone liked in one package, also I find EV training easy enough already. I am not against the idea, but why would I go to this EV hall and have to pay when I can go and do horde battles for free?

Problem is the time consumption, especially when there are mixed ev yield areas or the area in question is too high level for a horde battle. so when u add low level option with +1 +2 or +3 ev yield pokemon battles. you can easily top what EV you're farming way more faster.

14 hours ago, Malorne said:

Problem is the time consumption, especially when there are mixed ev yield areas or the area in question is too high level for a horde battle. so when u add low level option with +1 +2 or +3 ev yield pokemon battles. you can easily top what EV you're farming way more faster.

On 4/14/2019 at 6:18 PM, Malorne said:

Not really, u can just add the fee onto the ev service price provided.

This just sounds like Vitamins with extra steps, is there something that Vitamins do not accomplish that you are looking for as a feature?

On 4/16/2019 at 12:56 PM, Matoka said:

So you want the benefit of vitamins, but cheaper?

vitamin benefits 10 EV per usage, hard to compare when u can get upto 18/36 EV's per battle. plus wont go above 100 . What i want is a money sink at the cost of time consumption reduced to be a viable solution. At the off chance, even help new players to prepare themselves with early availability to EV training areas.

20 minutes ago, Malorne said:

plus wont go above 100 .

This is no longer true, Vitamins can be used all the way 252 in PokeMMO (just tested before posting to make sure I'm not crazy)

Vitamins as far as I understand are meant to be the "I don't want to spend time, so I'll spend money instead" method for EV training, also in regards to "early game EV training areas" I feel like it's probably not a good idea to try to rail-road new players into EV training or understanding those kind of mechanics until post-story mode as they won't have access to the things that make it worth EV training a pokemon (most story-mode caught pokes are not very good, and your starters are guaranteed to be meh). but that's a different topic.

I am just trying to understand what the feature you are suggesting is supposed to fill in terms of a niche, but you just keep describing the niche that vitamins already fill but saying that they're too expensive to warrant use ("What I want is a money sink at the cost of time consumption reduced to be a viable solution").

I'm not nitpicking your suggestion to be mean, I am just trying to understand why vitamins do not accomplish this for you. It's also difficult to cite the "Expensive money sink to save time" option as being "too expensive' because by design they are usually meant to be expensive to dissuade you from using them casually and therefore encourage you to do them yourself if you don't have massive amounts of cash to use on literal "luxury" items, but I'll leave this thread be for now despite my curiosity.

4 minutes ago, Matoka said:

This is no longer true, Vitamins can be used all the way 252 in PokeMMO

huh, guess i should've checked it b4. My issue would be the level cap tbh, due to the level your only reliable resource would have to be EVs and possibly good mons. Not to mention u'd be screwing them over with random battles all the time (if you're a beginning on your first region and dont have access to previous ones). Guess i'm looking for a shortcut in a sense, well the idea is there if its not viable, could be locked.