Some things I just don't like

I just have to point this out because I think it was a poor Dev choice. This game is an MMO, it's the main reason why people come to check it out, but a new player cant even get to experience all of the MMO aspects until mid game so now PokeMMO has successfully turned getting badges into a chore with a bad reward, the reward being now you can chat and trade, something you should already have been able to do in an MMO. So now the new player has to ask them self if it's even worth bothering to do all that, for half the game they don't even get to enjoy the MMO but instead pretty much play the original game with people running around and little interaction.

I started in Kanto and In my opinion they should have left it should have been at least 1 badge because in the original games you need at least 1 badge to battle/Trade anyway.

And then just one thing that irked me. It costs a focus band to learn 2 moves that aren't even good. It costs a focus band to learn Mega Punch/Kick lol those moves aren't even good for anything besides helping to carry you through the story if you don't have any decent moves. That should have just stayed the way it was in the original.

Edited by GhostTails724
Fixed typos
6 minutes ago, GhostTails724 said:

I just have to point this out because I think it was a poor Dev choice. This game is an MMO, it's the main reason why people come to check it out, but a new player cant even get to experience all of the MMO aspects until mid game so now PokeMMO has successfully turned getting badges into a chore with a bad reward, the reward being now you can chat and trade

you explained the mmo in a nutshel congratz

33 minutes ago, GhostTails724 said:

I just have to point this out because I think it was a poor Dev choice. This game is an MMO, it's the main reason why people come to check it out, but a new player cant even get to experience all of the MMO aspects until mid game so now PokeMMO has successfully turned getting badges into a chore with a bad reward, the reward being now you can chat and trade, something you should already have been able to do in an MMO. So now the new player has to ask them self if it's even worth bothering to do all that, for half the game they don't even get to enjoy the MMO but instead pretty much play the original game with people running around and little interaction.

I started in Kanto and In my opinion they should have left it should have been at least 1 badge because in the original games you need at least 1 badge to battle/Trade anyway.

And then just one thing that irked me. It costs a focus band to learn 2 moves that aren't even good. It costs a focus band to learn Mega Punch/Kick lol those moves aren't even good for anything besides helping to carry you through the story if you don't have any decent moves. That should have just stayed the way it was in the original.

Also I thought I would just add this.

I think PokeMMO has done a good job at alienating new players as well as isolating half of the community that is VGC and not Smogon.

Having chat locked at 2 badges isn't a "reward," it's an actually fantastic system to prevent bots from coming in and spamming our chats; a problem that is rampant in many other MMOs. Botters most likely don't have the patience to do all the work just to start spamming links and such (which aren't even clickable in public chats to prevent such scamming/virus spreading). Even if it is annoying for new players, they all get their 2nd badge eventually and it's a small price to pay for keeping the chat bot free.

Just now, GhostTails724 said:

You could just set up a program to scout and ban players who send frequent links to other sites. Like a bot that finds bots

then the people spamming team ads will get banned, i kind of like that part

Just now, GodofKawaii said:

then the people spamming team ads will get banned, i kind of like that part

I wouldn't mind the spamming if we had a specified chat for it.
Like Global but for recruitment.

It would keep everything isolated as well as make it easier for players to find teams if they're teamless.

2 hours ago, GhostTails724 said:

While I agree that the chat should be unlocked at 2 badges still, I think there's some validity to this. There's some outright trash moves locked behind some expensive items for tutor moves. Maybe make all of the Emerald/Firered tutors free for their first try, then start implementing the cost. Or at the least tweak what you need to bring for some of them, because 2 focus bands for mega punch is honestly super laughable.

That was to prevent people to do alt runs till badge 1 and just trade starters away.

but a new player cant even get to experience all of the MMO aspects until mid game

Thats pretty much every mmo out there

You could just set up a program to scout and ban players who send frequent links to other sites. Like a bot that finds bots

Those can be easily cheated or end up preventing people to send links all together if not done properly. Regardless, unnecessary

6 hours ago, GhostTails724 said:

Problems solving is really easy in your world. Thinking about this for like 10 seconds should make you realize that it's not that easy, and if it would be, someone definitely would have thought of it before.