Do Battle Tower, Frontier, & Subway Work?

I haven't gotten far and wanted to know if the battle towers work properly like in the original games, really looking forward to it.

Also in the Gen 3 regions are double battles up to date? What I mean is that originally gen 3 doubles had an interestingly terrible mechanic where you are forced to switch immediately after a Pokemon faints leaving your next Pokemon open for an unfair attack, I wanted to know if that has been updated.

To answer your first question: Trainer Tower in Kanto works the same as the normal games, with the difference of better AI and Battle Points as prizes. Battle Tower is one of the few things that works in the Battle Frontier and can be taken on with a friend in co-op double battles as well! Battle Subway and Anville town haven't been implemented but all three of these places have NPCs that sell you items and teach your Pokemon moves in exchange for Battle Points.

As for Gen 3 double battles, that's unfortunately not a feature in Hoenn in PokeMMO, you end up having to face the two NPCs one by one in those situations. The double battles were a really cool feature in Emerald but meh, there's double battle NPCs anyway so not much of a loss imo. In normal double battles, if a Pokemon faints, you switch in another Pokemon at the end of the turn, it doesn't take up a move. Battle mechanics and learnsets in this game are up to date with Gen 7, but limited to moves and Pokemon available in Gens 1-5.

Hope those answer your questions! Feel free to ask me here or in game if you have any more ^_^