Please add VGC Rules!

GhostTails724

Question

I went to the Pokemon center upstairs and saw a lot of Smogon competitive rules. I'm not very familiar with Smogon but have been playing by VGC rules for a long time, it's honestly a bit alienating for me. Is there a plan for people who want to play by VGC rules? 

I would love to see options for Regional dex or National dex VGC battles

Edited by GhostTails724
It originally looked more like a question than a suggestion

11 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Munya said:

Is this a question or a suggestion?  If your asking if its in the game no.  If your asking if it could eventually happen?  Never say never I suppose.

It was a mostly suggestion but also a question in case it was already implemented and I just couldn't find it. But now that I now for sure it wasn't added I really want them to add VGC rules as an option

1 minute ago, razimove said:

Sometimes there's VGC-like tours held by the community, Orange and Zigh for example hosted one I believe. But sadly it's not a real thing as of right now for the comp scene here.

That sucks, they should add VGC rules too, it has such a different feel to it that makes it fun and exciting. I would love to see a VGC Meta on here that includes options for regional or national pokemon 

23 minutes ago, GhostTails724 said:

That sucks, they should add VGC rules too, it has such a different feel to it that makes it fun and exciting. I would love to see a VGC Meta on here that includes options for regional or national pokemon 

'Smogon' rules are actually our own ruleset with inspiration taken from that format, but that's semantics.

The real issue is that adding multiple formats like this that adhere to a completely different ruleset splits the community and makes things harder for new players to understand.

You're interested in competitive play, and already know the difference between 'Smogon' and 'VGC' rules, but to a new player neither of these are something they understand, it's all just 'competitive' to them.

We'd also have to sustain 2 rulesets when it's a challenge at times to sustain 1.

So then the question becomes "Well which ruleset do we take as our standard?" And the answer (as you've seen) is 'Smogon', because we came to the conclusion that they're considerably better balanced.

It's not unlikely that we might include VGC rules in battle options in the future, but it's probably unlikely that we'd include it as a standard format such as in matchmaking.

3 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

'Smogon' rules are actually our own ruleset with inspiration taken from that format, but that's semantics.

The real issue is that adding multiple formats like this that adhere to a completely different ruleset splits the community and makes things harder for new players to understand.

You're interested in competitive play, and already know the difference between 'Smogon' and 'VGC' rules, but to a new player neither of these are something they understand, it's all just 'competitive' to them.

We'd also have to sustain 2 rulesets when it's a challenge at times to sustain 1.

So then the question becomes "Well which ruleset do we take as our standard?" And the answer (as you've seen) is 'Smogon', because we came to the conclusion that they're considerably better balanced.

It's not unlikely that we might include VGC rules in battle options in the future, but it's probably unlikely that we'd include it as a standard format such as in matchmaking.

They could at the least make an Anything Goes format but I would still want to bar Legends, same items, & same Pokemon and still set to LV.50

4 minutes ago, suigin said:

Yeah hell, you even got the unique item clause for it. Granted you'll prolly have to level everything to 100

Aw man, I hate grinding to Lv.100 lol I'd rather they allow to set Lv.50 because at Lv.100 some Pokemon stats in comparison to others end up being a bit different when compared to battling at Level 50. Also Lv.100 makes Sitrus Berry worthless with the Higher HP