Portrait mode on Android

Archon

Question

8 answers to this question

This would be a good idea imo, would make it kinda reminiscent of the classic GBC handhelds devices, since they're probably around the same size.

Additionally, you could have about half or slightly less of the bottom screen as the chat box, maybe with the A,B + directional buttons just above it. The most annoying thing to me with mobile currently is that its pretty much talk OR play instead of both seamlessly, like the desktop version is. Putting the screen portrait mode, or at least giving us the option to play that way would be a great idea.

Hell, I've even seen some Chinese walk-through videos on how to actually do this but it was by forcing the app into a re-sizable 2nd window basically on top of the home screen. Still, it shows the demand to play this way. If I can find it (and don't forget), I'll link the video/walk-through below eventually.

On 4/9/2019 at 8:44 PM, awkways said:

This would be a good idea imo, would make it kinda reminiscent of the classic GBC handhelds devices, since they're probably around the same size.

Additionally, you could have about half or slightly less of the bottom screen as the chat box, maybe with the A,B + directional buttons just above it. The most annoying thing to me with mobile currently is that its pretty much talk OR play instead of both seamlessly, like the desktop version is. Putting the screen portrait mode, or at least giving us the option to play that way would be a great idea.

Hell, I've even seen some Chinese walk-through videos on how to actually do this but it was by forcing the app into a re-sizable 2nd window basically on top of the home screen. Still, it shows the demand to play this way. If I can find it (and don't forget), I'll link the video/walk-through below eventually.

Have you found the link yet

8 hours ago, Archon said:

Have you found the link yet

no i tried searching in english and couldnt find it. it was on a cn version of youtube called billibilli and i dont think there was a word of english on the video. Since i cant speak cn i doubt ill be able to find it

On 4/11/2019 at 5:04 PM, awkways said:

no i tried searching in english and couldnt find it. it was on a cn version of youtube called billibilli and i dont think there was a word of english on the video. Since i cant speak cn i doubt ill be able to find it

RIP, I'd help look but billibilli is like CN Twitch and PokeMMO is a super popular topic on it, I'm not watching through every single video till I find it .-. Force-resizing and playing landscape apps in portrait mode are easy to look up guides on but it looks really clumsy tbh. I like awkways' idea on how portrait mode should work.

On 4/9/2019 at 7:44 PM, awkways said:

I'm sure people would dig the GBC/GBA(SP) feel of that too. And it'd solve the problem of not being able to chat/play at the same time. Wish I could upvote the suggestion more than once :(

My phone mic hole is in the most awkward position in the case that I always cover it as a necessary evil to play AndroidMMO; so being able to play portrait mode would be a blessing to my Discord calls so that I may not sound muffled and stuff lol

Edited by Guest