[Hype Thread] The Battle Of Ages

The Battle Of Ages (Soon tm)

71Rcepk.jpg

I had a cool idea based on one of my past threads. I would like to host a tournament with 16 Pokemmo legends OG players and NG players chosen by the people.

As a default the G.O.A.T of pokemmo  @Frag will be invited. No one has any doubt on why he is invited since he has won it all in this game.

I think this tournament will be held during summer i will make a second thread announcing the competitors, prizes and rules.

As for now who would you like to see in this tournament and why? leave your posts right below please, since from this i will start choosing the competitors.

Only 8 players will be allowed from each era.

34 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

Yeah but I think the spirit of this particular tournament means that joining dates is more of the focus

I don't think so, I think performances are more relevant than the joining dates.

Most of the players who are performing well in NG already played in OG.
It means that the NG line-up would be ridiculously less interesting than the OG one to me and many players who are not going to find a place in the OG line-up would be players who performed more than the NG players in the NG itself.

All in all, it will reduce the quality of the event.

For instance, enchanteur who will probably not be in the OG line-up could not be a in NG line-up while we are probably all agreeing he's one if not the player who performed the most in the NG.

Edited by Sashaolin
1 hour ago, Sashaolin said:

I don't think so, I think performances are more relevant than the joining dates.

Most of the players who are performing well in NG already played in OG.
It means that the NG line-up would be ridiculously less interesting than the OG one to me and many players who are not going to find a place in the OG line-up would be players who performed more than the NG players in the NG itself.

All in all, it will reduce the quality of the event.

For instance, enchanteur who will probably not be in the OG line-up could not be a in NG line-up while we are probably all agreeing he's one if not the player who performed the most in the NG.

Kriliin is right

please nominate players you think deserve to be in this tournament i will try my best to have a decent prize

Edited by Takens
6 hours ago, Sashaolin said:

My tops :

OG :

Frags

KingBowser

Axoa

YUBELLLLLLLLLLLL

Raaidn

NikhilR

BurntZebra

Walpayer

NG :

enchanteur

ZhikoDark

LKrenz

MadaraSixSix

gbwead

ZDFire

EpicVerde

BlueBreath

That looks more like an old school players tournament. Less interesting than facing old and new competitive players. 

Also think the OG players must be active. If not some of them are going to play OU with a team like this: Charizard Belly Drum, Forretres, Tauros, Umbreon, Swampert, Modest Crobat with no Nasty Plot or Roost :v

Edited by soyhector
17 minutes ago, soyhector said:

That looks more like an old school players tournament. Less interesting than facing old and new competitive players. 

What you are asking is "old players against new players" while this tournament is clearly about generations.

Takens even said 16 legends of PokeMMO, there are no legendary new competitive players.

6 minutes ago, Sashaolin said:

What you are asking is "old players against new players" while this tournament is clearly about generations.

Takens even said 16 legends of PokeMMO, there are no legendary new competitive players.

I thought OG were old players who won tournaments on 3rd gen. And NG new players that are winning tournaments now.

3 hours ago, Takens said:

Kriliin is right

please nominate players you think deserve to be in this tournament i will try my best to have a decent prize

I don't think it can ever top a teambuilding session with @DoubleJ, right @LKrenz?

Cool idea for a tournament, and for sure I'd love to show up and play some quality mons. I know you're still yet to post the thread with the rules of the tour, but it'd be hard for me to compete without some $$$ assistance to breed / buy mons depending on the tiers that I'd need to play, so I'll accept any donations if possible.