Double battle queue

AJooo

Question

11 answers to this question

46 minutes ago, PapaGarbodor said:

Should be something similar to VGC. Man that would be so much fun instead of having 6 poke with leftovers

If u think the current dubs meta is 6 pokes with lefties you obviously haven’t made it very far. And although as fun as bring six pick 4 is, I’d rather it be regular doubles. If I wanna play vgc I’ll go to a pc or hop on sd.

Why would you want Doubles matchmaking when even NU/UU matchmakings aren't working properly ? 
I mean those tiers are for now more popular than doubles yet noone is queueing up for them, so adding Doubles and LC would just widen the amount of dead matchmaking queues in this game.

There's no use to that suggestion for now in my opinion, even tho I wish I was wrong there ... 

?

Uu and Nu player are mostly Ou player 

double is more a niche and im sure that a matchmaking double would not steal that much player of the other tier but bring the dubs player to the matchmakin system 

and im pretty sure it wont steal one player to uu/nu queue

I understand your opinion tho its completely flawed and backed With strange argument 

why would wE have tourny of other thing beside Ou ? After all every other tier just take people out of the game right ! Get rid of uu nu dubs 

maybe wE should get ride of rugby and handball coz it drag away football/soccer player right

people who play dubs need a queue coz their pokes are shit in ou/uu/nu (follow me / after you/protect) when a uu player is fine using uu in ou queue its just lil hardmode 

6 hours ago, TohnR said:

Why would you want Doubles matchmaking when even NU/UU matchmakings aren't working properly ? 
I mean those tiers are for now more popular than doubles yet noone is queueing up for them, so adding Doubles and LC would just widen the amount of dead matchmaking queues in this game.

I agree with what Tohn said. I personally think less frequent ranked for non-OU tiers might mean more people queueing for them when ranked does happen. It'd be like CC but with BP prizes and possibly at least 8 players in queue for the tier. 

Another approach could be to increase the prizes for lower tiers (still looking for monthly matchmaking rewards), to incentivize ppl to play it. Further, one of the biggest issues is that a lot of ppl probably do not even know when ranked in lower tiers takes place. So image instead of heaving three different tabs for OU UU NU (or additional tabs for LC & DUBS), we would only have two tabs. One for Normal MAtchmaking and one for ranked. Within both tabs we have all 5 buttons for each tier, where we can see all the times for the ranked matchmaking at one glance. This would raise awareness for lower tiers to all players. 

In combination with better incentives for other tiers, such as higher BP or monthly rewards, as well as less frequent queues ( remember if we implement dubs and lc we have 5 queues to schedule now, not 3, which will lead to longer breaks anyway), it should be possible to create "liquid" matchmaking. As soon as that happens, the problem will solve itself, as liquidity draws more liquidity and frequent matches in lower tiers will draw a larger player base by itself.

Maybe I should make this a separate suggestion, but there have been so many threads on matchmaking I might as well just post here.

On 4/6/2019 at 3:48 PM, AJooo said:

Can wE have a double battle queue in game

shouldnt be that hard to implément and could be very useful for dubs player who want to train and farm up battle points 

I too would love to see Doubles implemented but alongside VGC rules that would be awesome and in my opinion better for the community rather than forcing players into Smogon Singles only.

Honestly not implementing the option for Doubles VGC is the only thing keeping me from staying long. Don't get me wrong the game is great but there's nothing for me to look forward to long term. I don't want to raise Pokemon to be forced to battle in a format I'm not comfortable with.

Edited by GhostTails724
Wanted to be more thorough