Particle Preview

DemonicDax

Question

Hey all o/

I'd like to pitch this idea that crossed my mind: We should have a preview screen for Particles.

I was breeding a Pokemon and wanted to buy a Particle for it, but I was kinda put off by the fact that I didn't know what I was buying. As far as I can tell there's no concrete place to view the particle effects. This is honestly a huge issue considering there are particles that cost over 1mil on GTL. I know to rich players that might seem like pocket change, but to poor players that's honestly a lot; especially for something that I don't even know if I'll like or not. 

The best way to go about this would be to give Particles in the GTL and Chat the preview screen that Particles already have in the Gift Shop. I would've probably bought a particle today if it weren't for the fact that I had no convenient way of knowing what they actually look like.

I'd also like to thank @Bestfriends for encouraging me to make this suggestion. 

4 answers to this question

Yes.

You have no idea how many people I had to ask to even know what particles do in the first place.

Like. Nobody knows what particles are.

A preview would be a pretty straightforward explanation.

Ideally, you could test it on your party member, but at least on a dummy placeholder pokemon would be the minimum.

4 minutes ago, Eggplant said:

Yes.

You have no idea how many people I had to ask to even know what particles do in the first place.

Like. Nobody knows what particles are.

A preview would be a pretty straightforward explanation.

Ideally, you could test it on your party member, but at least on a dummy placeholder pokemon would be the minimum.

When they sell Particles in the Gift Shop they have a preview screen for it with a Charizard placeholder Pokemon.
Though, I would definitely love the ability to use your own Pokemon on the preview screen.

Edited by DemonicDax
10 hours ago, DemonicDax said:

Hey all o/

I'd like to pitch this idea that crossed my mind: We should have a preview screen for Particles.

I was breeding a Pokemon and wanted to buy a Particle for it, but I was kinda put off by the fact that I didn't know what I was buying. As far as I can tell there's no concrete place to view the particle effects. This is honestly a huge issue considering there are particles that cost over 1mil on GTL. I know to rich players that might seem like pocket change, but to poor players that's honestly a lot; especially for something that I don't even know if I'll like or not. 

The best way to go about this would be to give Particles in the GTL and Chat the preview screen that Particles already have in the Gift Shop. I would've probably bought a particle today if it weren't for the fact that I had no convenient way of knowing what they actually look like.

I'd also like to thank @Bestfriends for encouraging me to make this suggestion. 

I agree with that

This is a very convenient suggestion that I wish could be added; I hear people referring to a particle that is at least a year old and are either from events or particles which are no longer available from GTL. The most frustrating thing about that is unless we duel someone with a pokémon with a certain particle effect, there's basically no way to see it. The little icon that represents the particle effect that we can see on GTL or in the pokémon summary also don't help at all, because the actual effects look pretty different, both the sprite and animationAnyway, TL;DR, I 100% agree with the suggestion, and just want this feature added already. >:/