does the staff team do a good job?

is the staff team doing a good job?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. is the staff team doing a good job?

• yes ( about 100% of the staff team)
    • most of them ( a few rotten apple in the bunch, about 75%)
    • some of them ( half good half bad, about 50%)
    • not many are good ( about 25% are good)
    • only 1 or 2 staff member are good
    • no ( 100% of them are bad)
    • neutral/not enough information to have an opinion of value/ cannot be serious enough to vote
    • current member of the staff team that cannot have an objective point of view and shouldn't be voting in this.

On 4/3/2019 at 11:19 PM, ThePrettyPetard said:

Actually i am making it to try to make the staff realize that they aren't that liked despite them claiming often to be here to help people. I am aware that not everyone like everyone and some may have opinion slightly biased but it isn't something that can be solved by them showing how much they don't care about us. The action of the staff are quite inconsistent on many angle but nothing about it is addressed despite this being a fairly small community. The staff try to act professionally but the way they handle most situations seems to be so rudimentary that i am wondering if they even think about what they are doing or if they keep that for later.

well I think they already know they can't be liked by every single player on the game and even if the poll was only voted for 100% of them are bad they would just ignore it (or think they're funny by downvoting themselves)

16 hours ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

i don't really want this to be mean or to offend you but i just feel like i have to share my opinion of you. you are most likely the most boring person i ever met in this game and if we need to be like you to be able to play this game, i am not sure i want to play anymore.

my last temp ban truely killed it for me. this game has just become no fun only pokemon i feel. i was expecting to quit this game becaus i would lack the time to play it, not becaus i am just disapointed by it...

also i totally agree with you about that, to me the game has lost what made it special back in the days (except being the only multiplayer pokemon game that does not suck) and i think this is what you should have said from the beginning instead of trying to make them look bad

I was muted for the first time ever today. Someone asked what STAB stood for and I randomly replied Same Type Attack **** (starts with Bone and ends with the letter a pirate says) and got a ten minute mute with no warning. I suppose I knew better, it wasn't a harsh duration mute, and I don't even talk more than once an hour/day so I didn't really feel the mute like the people that ride the global chat cooldown timer do. If it was like a really long mute, I would have expected a warning first since this wasn't habitual behavior, but oh well. It wasn't and I didn't get/need one. Due to the really brief duration, I guess it's fair. Whatever effort they had to do to make the mute would have got the same result out of me as a whisper saying to keep it appropriate however. Again, I had probably been logged on for at least an hour without saying anything before I randomly said that and got the insta-mute so maybe a bit heavy-handed. I think if everyone else wasn't triggering staff to have to give out mutes recently, what I said would have been overlooked and/or just warn whispered. I'll put on a brave face, won't cry, and let it go though.

I think some staff are doing an okay job, but since they mostly work in whispers to control people, it's hard to tell how many are doing a "good job" and how many are AFK logged in overnight. Especially when I see people getting away with wrecking global chat for long periods without vanishing. However, I do wish bans were handed out more frequently upon people racking up multiple mutes over this week, but it's up to them to decide people's fate. I see people log on just to flame and troll. They get a free pass to do that for hours before finally vanishing for a day and returning and instantly go back to the same behavior so as long as that stuff gets nuked, I'll be happy to see them go or happy to see them shut down much more quickly than to ruin chat for so long before vanishing.

TL;DR: The few I do see in public seem to do okay. I can't tell what the ones that lurk or work in whispers only do, so I'll just vote a couple are good. Not that all are bad. I'm just neutral to them since they make no noticeable impact from my point of view.

Edited by HikerLenny
profanity

Pls don't lock this before I'm home from work, I have some input on this since the thread did get some great discussions

Pls don't lock this before I'm home from work, I have some input on this since the thread did get some great discussions

11 minutes ago, Dibz said:

sir please don't triple post

1 hour ago, Munya said:

sir please don't triple post

Don't mind him, that's my son Bart Simpson. He was just trying to fill up the blackboard smh

Edited by Guest
7 hours ago, Minks said:

People like Malorne who say things like "oh well dont say stuff that gets you banned then" clearly have no clue about whats been going on.

all i know is that there was a small incident were a good % of ppl were spamming racial slurs all over global for an hour straight, there is no justification for that. If you do happen to know more do provide said info to enlighten us.

3 hours ago, Zehkar said:

rigamorty

he's legit, what do you mean? Best CM. 

I do agree with you, that a couple bad apples, won't ruin a perfectly fine tree. But sadly rn, at least there's 1 global mod, that I doubt he doens't use his powers to scam newbies, like he previously did. Also has a historial of being toxic, including in the forum, we have screenshots of that, even if they removed as proof. That one really nasty putrid bad apple aside, can't complain, I do think some are however too passive, or should at least try and interact with the community, come on, from the CMs, only Linfanz and Wuden are known, the other 2 never saw them anywhere, even here in the forum. 

22 minutes ago, razimove said:

Also has a historial of being toxic, including in the forum, we have screenshots of that, even if they removed as proof. That one really nasty putrid bad apple aside, can't complain, I do think some are however too passive,

Lets not forget that noad was also a toxic piece of work back in her rvtn days but was able to make it all the way up to sgm, but people change or adapt to their environment. 

1 hour ago, Malorne said:

all i know is that there was a small incident were a good % of ppl were spamming racial slurs all over global for an hour straight, there is no justification for that. If you do happen to know more do provide said info to enlighten us.

well we shouldnt get back into thàt topic, but that was a good example of bad moderating sure. More a symptom of the bigger issue.

1 hour ago, Malorne said:

Lets not forget that noad was also a toxic piece of work back in her rvtn days but was able to make it all the way up to sgm, but people change or adapt to their environment. 

2 wrongs don't make a right and you can't even begin to compare Noad with that Mod. Noad did amazing stuff for the community. It'll be like weighing a bag of gold against a bag of trash. From what I have noticed during the years that mod doesn't deserve to be there period. I agree with Razi on that 100% because I witnessed myself what he did. Rest of the staff are doing good atm.

Just now, Goku said:

2 wrongs don't make a right and you can't even begin to compare Noad with that Mod. Noad did amazing stuff for the community. It'll be like weighing a bag of gold against a bag of trash

oh i'm not, just saying the people "can" change and that shouldn't be judged on their past mistakes but what they're doing currently.

Every mute could be avoided if people used the appropriate channels for different discussions, some topics/language are just not appropriate for the global setting, but nobody is going to hunt you down for talking about them in team/PM if that is the type of environment you want/have built for yourself.

9 hours ago, Calculatrize said:

Actually i am making it to try to make the staff realize that they aren't that liked despite them claiming often to be here to help people.

These are not contradictory things, many people who do things to help people may not end up being liked by those people (e.g. kids hating teachers for making them do work) and that is something most of us brace ourselves for.

9 hours ago, Calculatrize said:

The action of the staff are quite inconsistent on many angle but nothing about it is addressed despite this being a fairly small community

This statement is vague, I am going to presume you mean in terms of how we handle situations as staff (e.g. rule enforcement etc.), apologies if I have misunderstood

This is ultimately unavoidable in the sense that some staff members have higher tolerances for certain kinds of behaviour before they say to themselves "Okay this crossed a line, this person deserves a mute for what they said." etc. as it is a subjective judgement, however if you believe that a staff member is excessive in either direction (too strict / lenient) then please remember you can bring this up with other staff members, this also goes for cases like believing that staff are abusing their powers in certain ways as we are not immune to the rules we ourselves have to enforce, including such things as not scamming or harassing players.

Any staff member that attempts to close this thread will likely get flak from the community for doing so, while this thread hasn't derailed it has definitely turned into a very tense discussion and is attracting people who seem to be unhappy with various ways that staff are apparently acting, I am willing to be the person that receives flak for closing this thread as I do believe it has run its course (the poll is unlikely to skew drastically to the point of giving a different impression) and valid complaints should not be posted in this poll thread but should be taken through the appropriate channels (preferably with evidence) if you genuinely believe there are problems that should be resolved with supposedly misbehaving staff.

So, while I understand people will likely be quite unhappy with me for this, I will be locking this thread for the above mentioned reasons.

• Matoka locked this topic