does the staff team do a good job?

is the staff team doing a good job?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. is the staff team doing a good job?

• yes ( about 100% of the staff team)
    • most of them ( a few rotten apple in the bunch, about 75%)
    • some of them ( half good half bad, about 50%)
    • not many are good ( about 25% are good)
    • only 1 or 2 staff member are good
    • no ( 100% of them are bad)
    • neutral/not enough information to have an opinion of value/ cannot be serious enough to vote
    • current member of the staff team that cannot have an objective point of view and shouldn't be voting in this.

16 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

Back in 2014, I was immature and mutes were issued to me. The question was at the time, "did I learn my lesson?" The answer was a bold yes and I have matured since then. Also, I read and even print out the Code of Conduct so I can refer to it in the future. From 2015 - now, I am "Mute Free" and proud of that record.

As the Mayor of PokeMMO, I know that it is important to be a good example for my fellow citizens here on PokeMMO, so I try my best to educate the public on the Code of Conduct. The reason why I revealed my in game mute from 2014 is due to me wanting to back up @Rache 100% on the quote "in the majority of cases, they're justified." My 2014 mutes were justified and I am not going to complain about them either. In my experience, a mute is usually used as a learning tool on how not to break the rules around you and be more aware of your surroundings. I went to school in a rough place, so you can imagine why those mutes were issued to me back then.

i don't really want this to be mean or to offend you but i just feel like i have to share my opinion of you. you are most likely the most boring person i ever met in this game and if we need to be like you to be able to play this game, i am not sure i want to play anymore.

my last temp ban truely killed it for me. this game has just become no fun only pokemon i feel. i was expecting to quit this game becaus i would lack the time to play it, not becaus i am just disapointed by it...

25 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

my last temp ban truely killed it for me. this game has just become no fun only pokemon i feel. i was expecting to quit this game becaus i would lack the time to play it, not becaus i am just disapointed by it...

Here is a suggestion, if bans truly kill the game for u, don't do shit that u might get banned for?

14 minutes ago, EssDeeCee said:

Pretty sure one uses their "I'm a mod, I know value" to try to get some pokes at cheap prices from noobs.

Ah, the irrelivant is back. Do enlighten us with more of your stupid and baseless accusations like in the past

4 hours ago, Malorne said:

Here is a suggestion, if bans truly kill the game for u, don't do shit that u might get banned for?

that's why i started to be more and more civilized in my way of talking about offensive stuff but they don't have respect for that anymore, didn't even get respected enough to get my point addressed in my ban appeal or even my question anwsered. yeah i am just done with this game for a while (that is if i come back one day).

@Minks @DeadGorilla  it was a pleasure knowing you two and maybe some other but i am shit with name so you two will have to spread the message that another regular has died today. might not hit has hard has aimi but i feel like it is my time to go away finnally.

11 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

that's why i started to be more and more civilized in my way of talking about offensive stuff but they don't have respect for that anymore, didn't even get respected enough to get my point addressed in my ban appeal or even my question anwsered. yeah i am just done with this game for a while (that is if i come back one day).

@Minks @DeadGorilla  it was a pleasure knowing you two and maybe some other but i am shit with name so you two will have to spread the message that another regular has died today. might not hit has hard has aimi but i feel like it is my time to go away finnally.

can i have your stuff

@ThePrettyPetard Please don't. I think at the very least, the entire community has been able to communicate with staff through this thread regardless of their opinion. No staff member ever gave me the time of day to at have a conversation about something controversial such as moderation in the past, so this is already a decent step in the right direction for me at least. 

Just now, Raichu4u said:

can i have your stuff

What a nice person -_-

Edited by SmolSpartan
1 hour ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

will pour out a cup of maple syrup for my favorite Canadian. lemme cop the kyu tho

27 minutes ago, Raichu4u said:

can i have your stuff

great to see i see shit like this for forgetting to turn off the notic on this thread... also if i gave my stuff away it wouldn't be to a rando like you

29 minutes ago, SmolSpartan said:

@ThePrettyPetard Please don't. I think at the very least, the entire community has been able to communicate with staff through this thread regardless of their opinion. No staff member ever gave me the time of day to at have a conversation about something controversial such as moderation in the past, so this is already a decent step in the right direction for me at least. 

all i ever wanted was to have fun in this game and for it to allways try to be better. they took my fun away... i don't see why i should stay here anymore if i can't enjoy the game i have been playing for nearly now 2 year nearly everyday for that time.

8 minutes ago, DeadGorilla said:

will pour out a cup of maple syrup for my favorite Canadian. lemme cop the kyu tho

if your talking about my kyu hat that one will follow me in the grave

piece out for real this time (unless i forgot some other shit that will notify me tho i might just ignore them)

5 hours ago, Malorne said:

Alright, lets not turn this into a low-key bullying thread now...

You're not my mom to tell me what to do.

There's just one mod, that actively insulted some members of my team heavily, and scammed lots of new players that I still dont believe they let in the team, I guess the need for a chinese mod was judt that big.

Other than that one separated case, no problems with the team, sometimes they takes thing to extreme measures, but other than that, the team is okish

6 hours ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

If i were in your shoes i'd probably do the same. When you get targeted so much to the point where you don't feel like you can talk and be yourself in any public chat, that would kill the game for me too. People like Malorne who say things like "oh well dont say stuff that gets you banned then" clearly have no clue about whats been going on. Sadly, the poll shows that there are a lot of people like that.

In my opinion, the problem with staff isn't located with the lower ranked ones. I don't think there's a single CM not doing a good job. The higher in the hierarchy, the worse it gets. There is no consistency there, context is something they refuse to acknowledge and transparency about how they work/who did what is something that is non-existent here.

I'll give the example of my most recent mute (which was a few months ago, so dont tell me i need to behave more). First i got muted for 10k seconds for "harassment", i was told to talk to an SGM. After I did that, suddenly my mute got changed to 40k seconds and "racism" was added to the reason. I then had to find the SGM in question (because transparancy is zero, so you have to talk to basically all of them). The SGM then sent me about 50 sentences that were supposedly breaking the rules, we had to go through all of them only to come to the conclusion that there was no racism and I was right all along. Instead of then admitting the staff was wrong, they phrased it like i somehow "owned up to my mistakes" and the mute got reversed back to 10k seconds. It's this type of moderating that leads to frustration and a complete lack of trust in these staff. The fact that someone like @Dibz is apparently not good enough, but you have 2 objectively horrible, bad people as highranking staff is another reason why a part of this community is absolutely done with staff.

That being said, goodbye Petard, it was very nice meeting you. It's always nice to interact with people that aren't basically NPCs. 

3 hours ago, Minks said:

you have 2 objectively horrible, bad people as highranking staff

It's important to realize that devs are not saints.

Heck, two of the worst people I've met in this game are/were in the dev team.

They get surrounded by people they like, who often happen not to be the best for the job.

Honestly, not wanting to sugarcoat it, I don’t think the 100% staff doing a good job option is very realistic. I don’t think there has ever been or ever will be 100% of the current staff that does a great job. We’ve certainly come close in the past, having a very solid team but there was at least 1 shithead that messed stuff up (perry). Back in the Noad days we probably had one of the most competent teams. 75% seems like a better choice to me, speaking from experience. Honestly I don’t know a bunch of the current staff but I’m sure that some of them are good and a couple are not so good because that’s just how it’s always been. And you know what? I think that’s okay. There needs to be a couple of bad eggs for the great staff to really shine. And the bad ones are (almost always) kicked, never promoted, or they leave staff themselves, so everything works itself out at the end. I do admit that certain sgms picked up the habit of hiring the stupidest and non-worthy people from the community to be staff starting like 2 years ago (like bilburt, akshit, rigamorty) and that’s been pretty pooped but yeah there are still some good staff (bear, darkshade, zenor sometimes I guess)