does the staff team do a good job?

is the staff team doing a good job?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. is the staff team doing a good job?

• yes ( about 100% of the staff team)
    • most of them ( a few rotten apple in the bunch, about 75%)
    • some of them ( half good half bad, about 50%)
    • not many are good ( about 25% are good)
    • only 1 or 2 staff member are good
    • no ( 100% of them are bad)
    • neutral/not enough information to have an opinion of value/ cannot be serious enough to vote
    • current member of the staff team that cannot have an objective point of view and shouldn't be voting in this.

1 hour ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

Actually i am making it to try to make the staff realize that they aren't that liked despite them claiming often to be here to help people.

STldod0.png

Looks like your plan's kinda backfiring here. You made a survey to try to show staff (your own biased view) that most people dislike then, yet your own survey is showing most people thing staff are doing a good job. Or at least showing that they're doing what they can. This thread so far is just a morale booster for staff members doing the right things on a daily basis, aka helping us all out for nothing in return.

It's ok to be salty about getting muted or whatever happened, but this is just a bad way of going about complaining. If you think it was unfair or staff are bad in general, take it up with someone who can do something about it (Admin etc), or at least someone who cares. From the looks of the survey, the general amount of people using forums think staff in general ain't that bad.Pretty sure that you can submit a ban appeal for just getting muted if you're that upset about it.

16 minutes ago, awkways said:

STldod0.png

Looks like your plan's kinda backfiring here. You made a survey to try to show staff (your own biased view) that most people dislike then, yet your own survey is showing most people thing staff are doing a good job. Or at least showing that they're doing what they can. This thread so far is just a morale booster for staff members doing the right things on a daily basis, aka helping us all out for nothing in return.

It's ok to be salty about getting muted or whatever happened, but this is just a bad way of going about complaining. If you think it was unfair or staff are bad in general, take it up with someone who can do something about it (Admin etc), or at least someone who cares. From the looks of the survey, the general amount of people using forums think staff in general ain't that bad.Pretty sure that you can submit a ban appeal for just getting muted if you're that upset about it.

despite what my opinion is my plan was to show the opinion of people toward staff regardless of what it would be, even though i am surprised a bit by the result it still show that there is a lot of room for improvement especially if you consider that 4 of the yes voter are current staff member boosting it and a good amount are ex staff that have most likely a bias has well 

Seems like a witch hunt thread from a salty person, but I don't know much about whatever drama is going on here.

OT: Every mod I met in game or on the forums (pm's) was very helpful and friendly.

I would really like more transparency on what is being worked on and design decisions, but that's a GM thing, and I think this thread is about CMs, FMs, I guess? Don't really know. Your poll doesn't really achieve anything for me, the working areas of the staff vary too much for me to give a generalized yes or no. Unfair treatment in the community work, game design, transparency, programming, monetizing, etc., there's to many aspect to have an opinion about, and judging people's character with a forum poll is a bit absurd, isn't it?

2 minutes ago, Caliginosus said:

Seems like a witch hunt thread from a salty person, but I don't know much about whatever drama is going on here.

OT: Every mod I met in game or on the forums (pm's) was very helpful and friendly.

I would really like more transparency on what is being worked on and design decisions, but that's a GM thing, and I think this thread is about CMs, FMs, I guess? Don't really know. Your poll doesn't really achieve anything for me, the working areas of the staff vary too much for me to give a generalized yes or no. Unfair treatment in the community work, game design, transparency, programming, monetizing, etc., there's to many aspect to have an opinion about, and judging people's character with a forum poll is a bit absurd, isn't it?

well if you want intel on how it works cm mod gm and sgm all fall in the category of staff and correct me if i am wrong @Desu @Kyu but gm don't really have much to do with the design and the only one actually working and getting paid on this game are the admins (beside squirtle probably) with maybe the exception of darkshade

Can't stand that "Rache" person, she's very good at ruining my day. The rest of them are pretty good though.

I get the impression that the largely positive responses weren't the intention of the poll, but regardless, they are appreciated. We are not an evil organization conspiring against the community - we dedicate our time and effort towards helping and supporting the playerbase in the hopes that they come to enjoy the game as much as we do.

Something people tend to overlook is that we cater to the community as a whole, which means ensuring that the game is an inviting and appropriate environment for our younger players as well. While some of the content that we mute for wouldn't be too out of place in a setting intended only for adults, that isn't what this game is. We don't believe it's unreasonable to ask those wanting to have adult-oriented conversations to do so in private, either on another platform, or in team, link, or whisper chats.

If someone takes issue with a punishment they've received, they're free to create a thread in the Ban Appeal section where it will be reviewed. But, in the majority of cases, they're justified. We don't keep people around who issue mutes loosely and we take complaints of abuse seriously.

24 minutes ago, Rache said:

Something people tend to overlook is that we cater to the community as a whole, which means ensuring that the game is an inviting and appropriate environment for our younger players as well. While some of the content that we mute for wouldn't be too out of place in a setting intended only for adults, that isn't what this game is. We don't believe it's unreasonable to ask those wanting to have adult-oriented conversations to do so in private, either on another platform, or in team, link, or whisper chats.

something i fear is that most of the staff does is forgetting to often that people are made from individual that can vary very wildly and that not everyone touching controversial subject is ill intended wich mean that controversial subject could still be discussed with thighter moderation to keep it civilized but insted we just get all shut down/muted/banned. in those instance it's almost like the staff are taking a lazier approach to avoid having to watch the conversation or simply treat us all like children.

on a side not more "personal" you never addressed one of my point in my ban apeal and even left my question totally unawsered and pretty much ignored my pm so yeah

24 minutes ago, Rache said:

Can't stand that "Rache" person, she's very good at ruining my day.

i can see why this is a thing

edit: also if you don't mind i would love to know how a discussion about murdering jews in the holocost is one that could be (and was since a staff was involved) totally fine to have in public chat when thing like "rule 34" alone are worthy of a mute

Edited by ThePrettyPetard

Good evening, I hope everyone is doing well. When this thread was made, people told me "staff want to lock up this thread" and "staff cannot take criticism." This goes to show that not only do staff take criticism, but they also take it seriously. If I can, I would like to relay a story that may sound shocking to the people that are sceptical of staff.

There was a thread way back in 2014 or 2015 (I forgot what year it was made) and it was nothing but hurling insults and harsh criticism of the Staff's Moderation methods. This thread was still alive for a few days and the curiosity was killing me, so I asked a staff member about this thread. She told me something which may in fact shed another light on the matter and may even change how some people view staff as a whole.

"In order to grow, you must be able to take criticism."

Guess who was behind this quote? The person was none other than @Rache.

Staff also want to get rid of the "rotten apples" just as much as you do. If you find any rotten apples, then feel free to report them to the Senior Game Masters. No need for a thread to flame the staff member(s) in question (I am referring to future threads).

--------------------------------------

Personally, I had a wonderful experience communicating with the fine people over in the Staff Lounge. They were very professional and some even helped me with getting my YouTube channel a start (thanks @Noad). Also, I know that this is personal, but for the sake of this thread, I have to reveal something. Back in 2014, I was immature and mutes were issued to me. The question was at the time, "did I learn my lesson?" The answer was a bold yes and I have matured since then. Also, I read and even print out the Code of Conduct so I can refer to it in the future. From 2015 - now, I am "Mute Free" and proud of that record.

As the Mayor of PokeMMO, I know that it is important to be a good example for my fellow citizens here on PokeMMO, so I try my best to educate the public on the Code of Conduct. The reason why I revealed my in game mute from 2014 is due to me wanting to back up @Rache 100% on the quote "in the majority of cases, they're justified." My 2014 mutes were justified and I am not going to complain about them either. In my experience, a mute is usually used as a learning tool on how not to break the rules around you and be more aware of your surroundings. I went to school in a rough place, so you can imagine why those mutes were issued to me back then.

Due to the reasoning that I stated above, I had to vote a strong "Yes" in the forums poll. Generally, the majority of staff try their best to do their jobs. Also, I highlighted something that stood out to me in the @Rache quote:

3 hours ago, Rache said:

Can't stand that "Rache" person, she's very good at ruining my day. The rest of them are pretty good though.

I get the impression that the largely positive responses weren't the intention of the poll, but regardless, they are appreciated. We are not an evil organization conspiring against the community - we dedicate our time and effort towards helping and supporting the playerbase in the hopes that they come to enjoy the game as much as we do.

If someone takes issue with a punishment they've received, they're free to create a thread in the Ban Appeal section where it will be reviewed. But, in the majority of cases, they're justified. We don't keep people around who issue mutes loosely and we take complaints of abuse seriously.

I hope that the post I made here was helpful for people who may or may not understand the general disciplinary actions of PokeMMO. Rather than complain about the mute issued, take it as a learning tool. If you feel that the mute is unwarranted, then file a report to the Senior Game Masters.

Good afternoon everyone, I read your comment from Mayor @Bestfriends , I also have an anecdote and I will mention it:
One morning I decided to enter my account and it turned out that I was with a permanent ban, first I was surprised and also for the reason of the prohibition, so I decided to present my appeal here in the forum and first I received a response from @Desu and then @Rache so that my problem was solved, everything was part of an action that I did and that confused Pokemmo staff, after that they eliminated my user's permanent ban and from that moment I decided to read the user's behavior completely and from that moment until now I do not have sanctions and, like Mayor @Bestfriends , I also recommend new members of the community to read the user's behavior to avoid future penalties.

Personally I did not want to vote, and the main reason is that the staff is also a user of the game that has received a charge and they are people who can be confused like us, I think we both learn from our mistakes, well ... I decided to vote and My vote will be for: Yes