does the staff team do a good job?

is the staff team doing a good job?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. is the staff team doing a good job?

• yes ( about 100% of the staff team)
    • most of them ( a few rotten apple in the bunch, about 75%)
    • some of them ( half good half bad, about 50%)
    • not many are good ( about 25% are good)
    • only 1 or 2 staff member are good
    • no ( 100% of them are bad)
    • neutral/not enough information to have an opinion of value/ cannot be serious enough to vote
    • current member of the staff team that cannot have an objective point of view and shouldn't be voting in this.

inb4 it gets insta-closed cuz they wanna dodge public opinion kek (then again what can we scrubs even do besides join the competing MMO aka "the Juan"? they have all the power, not us keks dee)

Edited by Guest
jk srry teddi and djinn hunnyboos i love yall mom and dad

Also is there anything in the C of C that doesn't allow for public opinion? This isn't harmful, bullying, obscene, defamatory, hateful, (stuff banned in C of C), it's just a poll of public opinion. Doesn't make sense for this to get shut down anyways just based off of that.

Edited by SmolSpartan
clarification
2 minutes ago, SmolSpartan said:

Also is there anything in the C of C that doesn't allow for public opinion? This isn't harmful or bullying, it's just a poll of public opinion. Just thoughts before this gets shut down...

https://pokemmo.eu/code_of_conduct/ feel free to go read it

1 minute ago, Esranius said:

I'm not gonna cast my vote. I don't know them all, but those I met were very competent and helpful.

there is an option for people without enough information just saying

8 minutes ago, SmolSpartan said:

Oh I read it, that's why I think this shouldn't get shut down. It doesn't violate anything in the C of C.

g.You may not transmit, post, link to, or facilitate distribution of any sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, hateful, vulgar, racially or ethnically offensive imagery or content; and

i guess they can maybe try to streatch this one by saying this is either defamatory, harmfull or hatefull toward the staff team. despite the fact that all i want is better moderation (doesn't mean harsher)

if not they can always cheat their way out of anything with this

h. You will follow the instructions of PokeMMO's Staff while using PokeMMO's Services.

Edited by ThePrettyPetard

Should've added ex staff and warning point holders into the "cannot have an objective opinion" option.

Anyway, I don't see the point of this thread. It's 2019, it's been made clear on multiple occasions that they don't care about the public opinion when it comes to staff. Online polling invites trolling, so there's that as well.

I find the current roster to be more... subtle. Granted i dont really spend that much time to have that knowledge about every one o them but so far i see a more hands on approach than most of their predecessors. 
Ofcourse, there are those who'll say "hurr durr, staff is bad coz they muted me for saying the N word or spam 100x times" yeah, those can go fuck themselves rn.
Regardless, the lack of transparency and sociable attitude has always been an issue in PokeMMO, running more deep than most realize. (take example the FAQ Scam of the shiny rate where devs basically decided to bury their heads in the sand without letting their staff know)
More could be done to have a more healthy understanding between staff and players but, thats just wishful thinking. Not that i expect every single member to get buddy-buddy with each staff but atleast know to a degree.
The only staff i'm properly pissed about is @Darkshade we used to talk alot, now this little rascal has gone into hiding.

Edited by Malorne

I've had a pretty positive view on the staff, and although I obviously haven't met them all, every single one I've met has been fairly nice and has helped out if I needed it.

I especially remember all the staff members that helped me out with trade evolutions. Those were cool people.

The only time I've ever seen a staff member get mad was when people started to talk about ____ing Gardevoir in global chat and they warned some people, which was pretty reasonable.

Edited by Kaiserness

I think this is kind of an unproductive thread especially with a poll attached to it. There is no problems with the rules they enforce considering that they keep chat and the forums pretty respectable. I don't think anything they do is really disagreeable in a moderation stance, since it's all pretty common sense.

This is more on a dev standpoint, but I wish there was more transparency on terms of what is on the roadmap or what is in the works. I feel the devs have this very scared mindset to where they don't want to talk about any proposed features for the future unless they're 80% sure that it's going to end up in the game.

What most people fail to realize is that over the course of time, staff roster has changed and will keep changing, we have seen the worst and the best. We had GM's handing out bans and warning points left and right literally out of spite and u had no say in it what so ever.
Granted, a collateral damage is to be expected when there are literally 100s of players spamming the shit out of chat with outright disrespectful things and racial slurs and you just happen to be within it, which shows the lack of empathy towards staff on a general sense, what they don't do is to reach out to staff to correct their mistakes as they keep uguuing about it. 

As raichu said, the only behavioral characteristics of staff that haven't changed is the secrecy of the devs. We had dev blogs in the past of wether being mechanics that are to be tested or within implementation route, it was a good amount of transperency shown to the general mass and by doing so, sparking the hype flames a bit. 

Oh, almost forgot. One thing that "has" to change is giving general non-answers on topics which staff has no knowledge about or that the answer does not satisfy the question in any form. (Note, this was already reported to higher-up staff)

Ads-z3.png

Edited by Malorne
12 hours ago, Calculatrize said:

pretty cool thread but i feel like you're making it because you have been muted and you're mad about it

Actually i am making it to try to make the staff realize that they aren't that liked despite them claiming often to be here to help people. I am aware that not everyone like everyone and some may have opinion slightly biased but it isn't something that can be solved by them showing how much they don't care about us. The action of the staff are quite inconsistent on many angle but nothing about it is addressed despite this being a fairly small community. The staff try to act professionally but the way they handle most situations seems to be so rudimentary that i am wondering if they even think about what they are doing or if they keep that for later.

11 hours ago, Malorne said:

Ofcourse, there are those who'll say "hurr durr, staff is bad coz they muted me for saying the N word or spam 100x times" yeah, those can go fuck themselves rn.
Regardless, the lack of transparency and sociable attitude has always been an issue in PokeMMO, running more deep than most realize. 

My issue isn't with them muting for the n word, it is with them not bating an eye for other things that would deserve a mute when they are broking the same rule that awards you a mute fir some other thing

i also want to point out that they are now trying to enforce a "pg 13" despite this game relying on donations that can only be made by people older than 18 most of the time. I also doubt we have that much young kids playing this game. Anyway if they managed to find this game they probably allready saw a lot of shit on the internet.

3 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

i also want to point out that they are now trying to enforce a "pg 13" despite this game relying on donations that can only be made by people older than 18 most of the time. I also doubt we have that much young kids playing this game. Anyway if they managed to find this game they probably allready saw a lot of shit on the internet.

Right, here is the thing everyone seem to misunderstand. Its not that staff has indeed identified a bunch of 13 year old kids and sheltering them like CPS. Its the fact that the game, itself is aimed at people 13 and above, hence the fact it has to be presentable to that age-range. Do you have any idea how much shitstorm would happen if the game advertised pg-13 but also allowing highly explicit material? If a parent were to see and report, their asses would be done for.

4 minutes ago, Malorne said:

Right, here is the thing everyone seem to misunderstand. Its not that staff has indeed identified a bunch of 13 year old kids and sheltering them like CPS. Its the fact that the game, itself is aimed at people 13 and above, hence the fact it has to be presentable to that age-range. Do you have any idea how much shitstorm would happen if the game advertised pg-13 but also allowing highly explicit material? If a parent were to see and report, their asses would be done for.

actually now that i think about it, it may be for leagal reason. if pokemmo hurt the image of pokemon there could maybe be room to sue the devs. it's probably nicer to put it this way but we can't know for sure becaus it doesn't matter if it is the devs or just the staff they don't tell you shit unless you harass them for a while. they should probably consider about having someone with the only job of anwsering question about anything related to the game.

26 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

Actually i am making it to try to make the staff realize that they aren't that liked despite them claiming often to be here to help people.

I think it's a bad showing for this thread being open if you made it with clear bias that you want to make them look bad.

2 minutes ago, Raichu4u said:

I think it's a bad showing for this thread being open if you made it with clear bias that you want to make them look bad.

i try to keep my bias out of it has much has possible which is why i didn't mention it at first and didn't vote either. 

edit: also i want more that they realize they can improve a lot rather than just shitting on them for no reason. some people just need to get a brutal wake up call sometime.

Edited by ThePrettyPetard
1 hour ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

edit: also i want more that they realize they can improve a lot rather than just shitting on them for no reason. some people just need to get a brutal wake up call sometime.

If you want people to improve upon their acts, provide conductive criticism with plausible evidence to back it up.