Shinny ?

i been keep spamming sweet scent and pp berries at victory road for more than 1 month, and never seen any shiny, and these months, other people come here for few minute get a shiny easily, already more than 50 shiny , why i cannot meet any shinny ? how much did i need to top up in order to get a shinny ?

9 minutes ago, Paul96 said:

i been keep spamming sweet scent and pp berries at victory road for more than 1 month, and never seen any shiny, and these months, other people come here for few minute get a shiny easily, already more than 50 shiny , why i cannot meet any shinny ? how much did i need to top up in order to get a shinny ?

no girl, no shiny.

4 hours ago, Paul96 said:

Luck is always a factor, even if the average chance of finding a shiny pokemon is 1/30,000 that does not mean you are guaranteed to get one every 30,000 encounters.

If you flip a coin heads or tails (1/2 chance) it's not abnormal for you to sometimes get three heads / tails in a row, you are not having the average happen to you as you have been "Lucky" (or unlucky) compared to the average. The same thing can occur for the 1/30,000 chance that does for the 1/2 chance, some people have found two shiny pokemon in the same horde of 5 pokemon, some people have been playing since the game came out and have never found a shiny.

Luck goes both ways so all you can ultimately do is "keep trying" if you really want it, but always keep in mind it is physically possible (even if it's not a statistically likely outcome) that you might need to encounter over 100,000, 200,000, or even 500,000 pokemon until you find a shiny. But who knows, maybe your next sweet scent will be the "one".

This thread will simply turn into people making goofball SRIF posts so I will be locking it now as there's really nothing anyone can say other than "You must have just been unlucky". 

• Matoka locked this topic