Remembering Andrea: Donation Thread

I'm so so sorry to every single person who was close to her. My condolences. I've never talked to her but every one of my friends who was friends with her always said the best things so everything I know of her makes her seem like an amazing person. I'm so sorry Cali. I wish I could hug you irl right now. I don't play dubs but I'll donate to make this a bigger prize pool.

May she rest in peace. And may whatever lies beyond life be amazing and much better than life itself.

hugs

Edited by Dibz
54 minutes ago, calidubstep said:

A83byJQ.jpg

So, as some of you may know, our community lost a good one this past week (IGN: Roxxass). She was truly one of the purest souls I've ever met, and words cannot describe how much I truly loved her the way she did me. In her honor, I am going to be hosting an unofficial doubles tournament. Details (date/time/etc) will be made known at a later time. Condolences to her family and anyone else who may have been close with her in game. Feel free to add to the donations, and may she rest in peace.

As the Mayor of PokeMMO, I am truly grateful for my time with Roxxass. She has done a lot to help provide player unification like helping @OrangeManiac with hosting the World Cup and generally being a nice person. In a world of political divides, we need more people like @Roxxass, relaxed and willing to speak with anyone from all walks of life.

I did not know that she would pass away, but I taped a battle that she had against Santiii (it was the final match I taped). Feel free to watch my tournament commentary.

Also, after the battle, I congratulated her via a PM in game (I had the censors on due to me wanting to keep my videos Rated PG):

53e773f17a3e71c359972437b9be2653.png

Here was my last conversation with her (I am going to put 6 Spoilers in here, so that you don't click on it by accident. The last words that she told me gave me goose bumps. If anyone is sensitive to this, then I would advise that you do not look at the last words she told me. I highlighted the words).

Spoiler

Are you sure you want to see this?

Spoiler

I am warning you, this is going to scar you.

Spoiler

Look away now if you're not ready.

Spoiler

Last warning, don't look if you're sensitive.

Spoiler

Ok. You made it this far. You may cry or think about this after you read the last words.

Spoiler

f42d021d995d8e02f0a8810df07e45d9.png

brb 10 min and logs off and never heard from her again. My eyes are watering from constructing this post, but this is for the sake of preserving history and this exchange shows just how wonderful Roxxass is as a person.

Rest in Peace @Roxxass

March 31st 2019

Thank you for your service to the community Roxxass, you will be missed.

7 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

As the Mayor of PokeMMO, I am truly grateful for my time with Roxxass. She has done a lot to help provide player unification like helping @OrangeManiac with hosting the World Cup and generally being a nice person. In a world of political divides, we need more people like @Roxxass, relaxed and willing to speak with anyone from all walks of life.

I did not know that she would pass away, but I taped a battle that she had against Santiii (it was the final match I taped). Feel free to watch my tournament commentary.

Also, after the battle, I congratulated her via a PM in game (I had the censors on due to me wanting to keep my videos Rated PG):

53e773f17a3e71c359972437b9be2653.png

Here was my last conversation with her (I am going to put 6 Spoilers in here, so that you don't click on it by accident. The last words that she told me gave me goose bumps. If anyone is sensitive to this, then I would advise that you do not look at the last words she told me. I highlighted the words).

Hide contents

Are you sure you want to see this?

Hide contents

I am warning you, this is going to scar you.

Hide contents

Look away now if you're not ready.

Hide contents

Last warning, don't look if you're sensitive.

Hide contents

Ok. You made it this far. You may cry or think about this after you read the last words.

Hide contents

f42d021d995d8e02f0a8810df07e45d9.png

brb 10 min and logs off and never heard from her again. My eyes are watering from constructing this post, but this is for the sake of preserving history and this exchange shows just how wonderful Roxxass is as a person.

Rest in Peace @Roxxass

March 31st 2019

Thank you for your service to the community Roxxass, you will be missed.

Thank you so much for this. It means a lot. 

It's a big loss for all of us. Can't imagine what are actually feeling her family & friends.

For me it was shy girl, who always tried to make fun of situations, who was always giving me the smile. 

Can't believe we'll have to play without her now, but still, she'll always be with us, starring at us from above the sky.

#Always

A star among the stars

My heart goes out to her family and close ones...She was strong until the very end, while i can't imagine the pain her brother and parents are going through i can only be thankful i had a chance to meet her and that she'll rest peacefully forever on. Thanks for everything you've done, Andrea. 

Having spoken with Roxxass several times, I quickly realised she was a fun, friendly and likeable character that truly had the competitive community and their best interests at heart. Needless to say, it was always a pleasure to watch her battles and her unique style from which she truly made her mark on the Doubles tier. She will be sorely missed. Rest In Peace Roxxass, I'll miss you.

I’m finding it difficult to come to terms with this news. My heart ached for the loss of BullDogBlue last year, someone whom I had never spoken to; but today our community has lost a bright spark who was a ubiquitous, happy presence throughout both the Hispanic and English communities.   

Roxxass graced RISE with her overwhelming charm and generosity and became a significant social and competitive pillar within our team in a very short period of time. An unfailingly enthusiastic and energetic person, she always strived to make people happy regardless of the problems she faced herself. By hosting the World Cup, she willingly dedicated countless hours of her own time to bringing the community together like the selfless person that we all knew her to be.

Despite never knowing Roxxass in person, this hits just as hard as it has done with people I’ve lost in real life. I can’t begin to imagine the pain that her family are experiencing.

Rest in Peace, Rox. You’ve left a void in this community that will never be filled. 

<3

Edited by Zymogen

I'm a lil unsettled. If this is a prank I'll be furious but incredibly happy. 

She has always been nice and fun to talk to, we had many chit chats and long serious talks.

A great person indeed. Soon her exams were to start and I was rooting for her. Always telling me about the crazy Mexican system of tests. That she is anxious.

If she did pass away, she has my prayers. 

I'll be sure to donate 100% of my in game yens if it means anything. 

Very sad start to a day.

I always considered yourself as a person with a lot of humor, but this April Fool has been your worst joke Roxxass.

Roxxass, despite our disagreements about WolrdCup decisions, was a living smile, an example for everyone that life is a beautiful thing and that you should enjoy it at 100% disregarding the small clouds that try to overshadow the good moments. I've never seen her complaining about anything really, she shared with us a story from her IRL life when we disagreed on the issue of a game during week 1 : she was a professional ice skater and during her perfect run she fell because the ice was damaged, when this happened, not only did she stand up again but she won the competition despite having a 1 point penalty. She was one of those persons who keep fighting and liking what she does, so I want to offer my sincerest condolences to her friends or family, and wish you will fight, live and smile for her from now on.

At least you won't have to argue with me or the other dumb asses anymore, rest in peace little girl.

After most of us finding out about this recently, I'm just still in shock. Roxxass was one of the most nicest people I have met on here and really dedicated a lot of her time to the team and community. Despite all the rough situations she's been in she was always able to smile and keep pushing forward. I pray that her family and everyone else that were close with her are able to stay strong and live their lives to the fullest for her. I'll miss you Rox. 

God this is awful, this really did upset me.

She was a great team mate, a very caring person and open to help with personal issues or in game issues. Always happy and positive in team chat and offering help to anyone who needed it.

I remember, just before we were practising for the villa team tour, she played me in OU and I missed 3 rock slides, got para'd alot and was flinched several times. She could tell I was slightly annoyed at my RNG and in the game winning moment she said she "misclicked" with her Porygon-Z and instead of using Tri attack  she used Dark pulse which made her lose the game. This was very clearly not a misclick but she didn't want me to feel upset due to losing to RNG. This was just a small act of kindness that she showed to me and Rise over the time she was with us but this one stays with me the most.

A really wonderful person, and a tragedy that we lost her, i will miss you alot. May you rest in peace.

I've never had a chance to get to know her better however I've spoke with her once or twice on discord and she seemed to be a very nice person and a good soul. At first I considered it a very bad joke (April 1st) because I find it very hard to believe that she passed away. Apparently it's not a joke and it makes me deeply disturbed and so very, very sad, i'm literally crying writing that post. Deepest condolences to her family and everyone who cared about her, from the bottom of my heart. She surely will be missed, and i hope she is in much better place right now.

Edited by magneto2k4

It was always a pleasure to speak with Rox,  it was clear she was caring for other players and was a really good person, enjoyable to spend time with. My condolences to her family and all close friends of her, I know the memory of her will always bring joy to you. She will be missed, and wherever she is right now, I hope its a better place. 

Thanks for everything you've done, Andrea, I hope you are in peace now. 

In a small but meaningful gesture, @NonoPetitRobot had the idea to go to the top of Celestial Tower to ring the bell which the lore claims "mourners can ring in remembrance of their lost Pokémon". Out of pure coincidence I encountered Alder, and I thought his script during the cinematic was very fitting for the situation: 

Spoiler
"My old partner is resting here in the Celestial Tower. [...] I come here to ring the bell and comfort its spirit."
"It was a strong Pokémon. It was courageous, noble, and kind... Together, we madly pursued strength... Without even knowing the meaning of strength."
"But, in the same way that all stories have a beginning and an end, all lives have an end, as well... It was then that I understood that strength isn't something that remains unchanged forever. However, the joy one feels in being with Pokémon--that is the real thing. [...] I've met many different Pokémon, many different Trainers, and now I've met all of you. There are many more Trainers and Pokémon to encounter in the world! <player>! Go out and meet as many of them as you can!"

It's a silly little gimmick, but at a time like this even the stupidest of things like a quote from a Pokemon game can give you comfort. That's the beauty of this game - whilst there is daily division within the community for so many reasons, we always come together to heal a wound that a tragedy like this leaves in all of our lives.

Edited by Zymogen

Rest in peace Roxxass :c i'm sad... you were so close here in mmo foruns and discord, and i never talked with you. :'C But i always know that you were a good person... I'll pray her your soul, and hope god can confort her fam...

YOU WERE AMAZING FOR THIS GAME! We will miss you :c thanks for all

Edited by LipeHaru
12 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

In a small but meaningful gesture, @NonoPetitRobot had the idea to go to the top of Celestial Tower to ring the bell which the lore claims "mourners can ring in remembrance of their lost Pokémon". Out of pure coincidence I encountered Alder, and I thought his script during the cinematic was very fitting for the situation: 

Reveal hidden contents
"My old partner is resting here in the Celestial Tower. [...] I come here to ring the bell and comfort its spirit."
"It was a strong Pokémon. It was courageous, noble, and kind... Together, we madly pursued strength... Without even knowing the meaning of strength."
"But, in the same way that all stories have a beginning and an end, all lives have an end, as well... It was then that I understood that strength isn't something that remains unchanged forever. However, the joy one feels in being with Pokémon--that is the real thing. [...] I've met many different Pokémon, many different Trainers, and now I've met all of you. There are many more Trainers and Pokémon to encounter in the world! <player>! Go out and meet as many of them as you can!"

It's a silly little gimmick, but at a time like this even the stupidest of things like a quote from a Pokemon game can give you comfort. That's the beauty of this game - whilst there is daily division within the community for so many reasons, we always come together to heal a wound that a tragedy like this leaves in all of our lives.

Imagine Roxxass being in front of you, say anything you want/have to say at her in /n

Then, by ringing the bell, just say goodbye to her, accepting she passed. Feels kinda hard, but you will feel better after that.

unknown.png

I know how hard it is to let someone go. But you won't feel better by thinking she's still her. Let her go away, she'll always take a look at you, be proud of you and that will make her keep smiling, it's the important thing atm I think, we have to make sure she is smiling, wherever she is.

Also, if someone need help to do this step of Celestial tower, you can pm me ing and I'll do it with you.

Really devastated from hearing these news today. If there was one person who truly wanted to give back to this community it was Rox, and this community will forever miss her. My heart is with her family, this tragedy is something that no person should ever experience. I know how close friends you were with her so I can't even imagine Cali how difficult loss and how difficult time this is for you, and I really appreciate for doing this in the memory of her. I hope she's in a better place.

Having only found out about this just now, literally while reading this I’m shocked. I didn’t know her too personally but I definitely thought the doubles community was in safe hands between her and a couple of fresh faces.

I wish I could log on and battle her now, not only do I owe her a couple defeats, she was always so gracious and generous in winning, always wanted to just have fun and nothing more.  

She was literally the last person I talked ingame too a few weeks ago, she wasn’t even asking for stuff... just talking about life in general seeing as I was quitting. My heart aches for everyone that was closer to her than I was. 

I will try and come back for this tour, at least as a fun way of saying goodbye. I’m sure roxxass would want us all to have fun more than anything right now