Shiny Dex Pls&Thx

andreuh

Question

I really I would like the dex to have a second row where 

sHgPySf.png

would be replicated but it would say

"Shiny Seen: x/xxx    Shiny Owned: x/xxx     Shiny Caught OT: x/xxx"

As well it could be nice for the small sprites to have some sort of design indicating if you have seen/owned/caught a shiny.

When you have seen a new Pokémon, the Pokémon sprite becomes visible in your dex.

When you see a shiny the Pokémon entry could then have a golden outline,

much like the green/blue line you receive when you own/capture a new Pokémon.

When you own a shiny Pokémon (not your OT, ie. buying off GTL or trading)

the dex sprite could have a golden-ish background.

And lastly when you capture your own OT shiny the dex sprite could show up as a shiny sprite.

Just to make a quick example for each:

Seen: sJXqnFc.jpg Owned: BUrgV1c.jpgCaught: 36SMizF.jpg

There are other ways that this idea could be implemented but this is the way I think would make the most sense.

20 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Malorne said:

Interesting concept, doesn't really do fuck all but interesting regardless. Question is tho, would it recognize PvP "seen" as well

Considering NPCs don't use shinys, the only other way you would "see" a shiny is PvP and if you see one but you are unable to catch it (it flees/you kill it/it kills its self).
That would be up to the devs if PvP would count as "seen".

Also, it may "do fuck all" in your opinionbut shiny hunters and people like myself who shiny hunt occasionally would like to be able to have this type of feature in our dex.

Edited by andreuh
10 minutes ago, BlizzardGG said:

interesting but could you @andreuh tell me a meaningfull purpose ?

To be able to see in your dex which shines you have seen/owned/caught without having them on you/you decide to sell them.

It would serve the same function as the traditional dex with more piazza.

Just changing the photos for the Pokémon that you have s/o/c the shiny version of.

If you s/o/c a shiny, it would also count as the regular entry anyway.

11 minutes ago, andreuh said:

To be able to see in your dex which shines you have seen/owned/caught without having them on you/you decide to sell them.

It would serve the same function as the traditional dex with more piazza.

Just changing the photos for the Pokémon that you have s/o/c the shiny version of.

If you s/o/c a shiny, it would also count as the regular entry anyway.

as i said your idea is interesting especially for shiny hunter

but for pvp`ler like me... it seems a bit useless (i do not mean it rude) cuz only the background would change

1 minute ago, BlizzardGG said:

as i said your idea is interesting especially for shiny hunter

but for pvp`ler like me... it seems a bit useless (i do not mean it rude) cuz only the background would change

Not all changes need to be something that everyone wants.

This is a change that I and many other would like so I suggested it.

3 minutes ago, andreuh said:

Not all changes need to be something that everyone wants.

This is a change that I and many other would like so I suggested it.

i told my point of view cuz it seems (for me) there is lacking something

22 minutes ago, axx said:

They do in Battle Frontier.

Battle tower, battle frontier shouldn't have any.

21 minutes ago, BlizzardGG said:

i told my point of view cuz it seems (for me) there is lacking something

Changes don't need to focus on everybody, I am sure that PvE players find our recent PvP update that introduced team preview just as useful as you find this particular suggestion, because it doesn't effect them, as an example..

4 minutes ago, Munya said:

Changes don't need to focus on everybody, I am sure that PvE players find our recent PvP update that introduced team preview just as useful as you find this particular suggestion, because it doesn't effect them, as an example..

understandable ^^ and my intention was not that this idea should be for everybody 

rather the idea is lacking something (imo) -> to combine this idea with something like a ranking (pvp ranking)

cuz i think this idea is nice and we can optimize it

I really dig this idea! Shiny hunting is a really big postgame activity and I'm pretty sure a lot of shiny hunters including myself would appreciate this feature, whenever it may be. Also might inspire @jonulo to get a full shiny dex :p 

I'd understand this feature not being a priority but I'd definitely like to see it someday!

3 hours ago, andreuh said:

Also, it may "do fuck all" in your opinionbut shiny hunters and people like myself who shiny hunt occasionally would like to be able to have this type of feature in our dex.

Well, it doesn't really add any feature that might affect the gameplay or an aspect of it in any way, hence "do fuck all" but sure, it can prove convenient to those whom you referred to. Problem would be integrating old shiny encounters, which is probably impossible (not sure) so the very feature's effect might have to start-off when its implemented.
On a side note, i'd like to suggest a minor upgrade to this topic, which is to add total shinies owned of the said shiny globally (example ; there are currently x number of shiny rattata's owned) that way, it might also help values settle down within the shiny market as well

Edited by Malorne
7 minutes ago, Malorne said:

Well, it doesn't really add any feature that might affect the gameplay or an aspect of it in any way, hence "do fuck all" but sure, it can prove convenient to those whom you referred to. Problem would be integrating old shiny encounters, which is probably impossible (not sure) so the very feature's effect might have to start-off when its implemented.
On a side note, i'd like to suggest a minor upgrade to this topic, which is to add total shinies owned of the said shiny globally (example ; there are currently x number of shiny rattata's owned) that way, it might also help values settle down within the shiny market as well

It would be similar to when we implemented OT dex, it would count what you have in your party/pc at the time with your OT, so if you had already evolved something, its prevo's wouldn't count.

5 minutes ago, Munya said:

It would be similar to when we implemented OT dex, it would count what you have in your party/pc at the time with your OT, so if you had already evolved something, its prevo's wouldn't count.

Right, difference is the shiny i owned, lets say back in 2014. Would it be able to recognize it despite not having it at the present time. hence the integration and thus only making it conventient after being implemented. Making it lacking for past encounters, tho it does collide with my suggestion as well, considering the shinies that people have whom doesn't play anymore. Lots of variables

Edited by Malorne
2 hours ago, Malorne said:

Problem would be integrating old shiny encounters, which is probably impossible (not sure) so the very feature's effect might have to start-off when its implemented.

It would still be nice to implement something like this. Even if it can't count certain shiny Pokémon players have had in the past, at least i could start recording the ones that players do own and continue to capture.

2 hours ago, Malorne said:

I would suggest posting this as a suggestion on its own if you would like it to be seen by others/devs. 

9 minutes ago, andreuh said:

I would suggest posting this as a suggestion on its own if you would like it to be seen by others/devs.

Nah, i'll just rub in desu's face for a month till he gives up if it has potential