Crafting Vanity Items with in game Items to help economy

Ghartark

Question

My idea is to expand the crafting system to include recipes that reward you with vanity items.

I read that one of the problems with the game economy is the inflation of vanity accesories and the lack of a sink for the excess of items obtained via farming, ¿why not kill two birds with one stone?

Ex:

- 8 razor fangs+1 choice scarf+ 2 expert belt= Krookodile Dundee Hat

You can make the items seasonal just to create a dinamic market that changes depending on what items are hot in the crafting rotation, it would add another level to the MMo aspect of the game, since the current crafting system is rather poor.

7 answers to this question

On 6/4/2019 at 1:20 PM, porcmare said:

we don't want the in game hat prices to drop that badly like tf2 hats did.

this will damage the economy not help it

Not if craftable vanities are unique and can only be crafted. I like the idea, it's unique and wouldn't be bad at all imo :)

1 hour ago, Dibz said:

Not if craftable vanities are unique and can only be crafted. I like the idea, it's unique and wouldn't be bad at all imo :)

haven't thought of it as "new craftable items" but as "existing vanities can be now crafttable". that sounds nice

2 hours ago, Dibz said:

since some items are really in way too high quantity why not :)

Going with more "MMO-Like" suggestions, I really like this one too, and it's not even mine!

I don't now how many money PokeMMO is winning to maintain the servers with vanities, ocarinas, etcetera, but maybe it would worth the shot to see this done.

Not even all the vanities have to be craftable, but maybe some of them. Less sold, some seasonal, new ones... I'm resurrecting the post and upvoting this. Hoping that more people is going to do the same!

Edited by SoloReprise