Platinum discussion

On 3/26/2019 at 8:49 PM, pachima said:

Since platinum in real life is pretty much a better version of Silver and Gold, are we to expect Johto soon?

1) Platinum is NOT a better version of Silver & Gold

2) It would be sadly impossible, I fear, even if a rather pleasant surprise.

1 hour ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

Why would johto be impossible if we allready have a many other region? Also he said soon, so there isn't any real timeframe said here.

I would say it's just a noob spouting nonsense. The only things I could see being an issue with HG/SS is fully implementing follower gimmicks, and the Safari Zone.

2 hours ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

Why would johto be impossible if we allready have a many other region?

Having 2 kantos would be really weird since 1 is in the future and the other in the past. For example Cinnibar island is totally different. I doubt they'd just add Johto and not the future Kanto so you'd need a time machine or some other weird method of adding both. Don't get me wrong, Johto is my favorite and i'd love to see it added one day.

I doubt they'd just add Johto and not the future Kanto so you'd need a time machine or some other weird method of adding both.

Its not like the regions(games//roms) in pokemmo are connected.You cant fly to vermilion city firered from slateport city emerald.

You need to go on a boat to play another rom.You take boat to play kanto firered and you would take boat to play johto heartgold(+kanto future post e4).

I dont understand why people think that it makes it so complicated to have 2 kanto from 2 different games(roms) in pokemmo.

You simply take a boat to play different games.The only weird thing is to say im in pewter present firered or im in pewter future heartgold.

The same thing can be said with BW1 and BW2.

Edited by MightyBoxer
17 hours ago, DerpyBubblez said:

I would say it's just a noob spouting nonsense. The only things I could see being an issue with HG/SS is fully implementing follower gimmicks, and the Safari Zone.

The follower are allready implemented though and work with gen 5 mon has well (with the help of a mod)

15 hours ago, awkways said:

Having 2 kantos would be really weird since 1 is in the future and the other in the past. For example Cinnibar island is totally different. I doubt they'd just add Johto and not the future Kanto so you'd need a time machine or some other weird method of adding both. Don't get me wrong, Johto is my favorite and i'd love to see it added one day.

You know they can just cut off the gen 4 kanto like they cut some part of unova right? Also i am not sure about this but i am pretty sure they said they wanted to update kanto to gen 4 at some point. It's pretty much at the bottom of the to do list but they might get there some day.

4 hours ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

The follower are allready implemented though and work with gen 5 mon has well (with the help of a mod)

Not fully implemented though. HG/SS has happiness increased while walking, messages when examining them, and at some point there's a sort of "pickup" ability I think. I don't remember if it was random items or only the leaves(?). There's also the minigames, Mom saving/spending money, and Kurt's apricorn balls. This is just what I can think of at the moment.

2 hours ago, DerpyBubblez said:

Not fully implemented though. HG/SS has happiness increased while walking, messages when examining them, and at some point there's a sort of "pickup" ability I think. I don't remember if it was random items or only the leaves(?). There's also the minigames, Mom saving/spending money, and Kurt's apricorn balls. This is just what I can think of at the moment.

Pokemon happiness allready increase while you walk. i am pretty sure we allready pick up stuff by ourselves sometimes so no need for that. The devs ignored a good amount of mini games so far so one more not being implemented wouldn't be surprising. The mom saving has pretty much no use here since you don't loose money when you are beaten. The apricorn would be a dope thing to add though. The only thing we don't exactly have and wouldn't really want is the message when examining our pokemon.

On 8/29/2019 at 9:05 PM, ThePrettyPetard said:

Why would johto be impossible if we allready have a many other region? Also he said soon, so there isn't any real timeframe said here.

Since took more than 2 years for the developers to announce platinum (and we are still waiting) and it is a fun project, I assume that we will not be able to play HG & SS before 2021, if we have different conceptions of time and for you 2 years are "soon", well good for you.

9 hours ago, lallo17 said:

Since took more than 2 years for the developers to announce platinum (and we are still waiting) and it is a fun project, I assume that we will not be able to play HG & SS before 2021, if we have different conceptions of time and for you 2 years are "soon", well good for you.

honestly i am just someone optimistic in general but i remain realist the most possible and your estimation of before 2021 for hg/ss  seems like a pretty funny joke to me. if i had to guess when johto would come i would say at best we could see the pts by the end of 2021 but i highly doubt it will be this soon.

9 hours ago, lallo17 said:

I think that one of the problems with HG & SS developement could be that Kanto map is a main part of the story and the developers can't just cut it off like they did with Unova's additional zones.

i never played hg/ss i only played the original silver back when i was a kid but i am pretty sure you could finish the johto region while completly avoiding kanto so it should be easy to cut off if it is still the same way. in the event that the story was changed by the remake forcing you to go to kanto to finish johto the devs can just rewrite some part of the story since they can pretty much mess with everything since they have access to the all the assets with the roms.

• 2 months later...