Platinum discussion

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

Depends on how lazy the devs are gonna be, which we all know they are. At this rate, it won’t be out until 2025

It's not really about them being lazy, this is just a passion project they work on during their free time after working all day in their day, Kyu once did a breakdown of how his usual day goes.

1 hour ago, suigin said:

It's not really about them being lazy, this is just a passion project they work on during their free time after working all day in their day, Kyu once did a breakdown of how his usual day goes.

Then why they don't make it open source and let others with programming skills contribute their time?

Just now, GaloisField said:

Then why they don't make it open source and let others with programming skills contribute their time?

They probably don't want competition or some horrible hellspawn like PokeMMO Reborn/Snakewood to exist

10 hours ago, suigin said:

Well, whatever the case might be, currently it sounds like we won’t be getting it until 2025 at the rate they’re going. Unless they try harder

8 hours ago, suigin said:

How are you deducing the rate they are working at? I'm curious, maybe you're some sort of 1337 h4xx0r that has something spying on the devs.

Well, considering it took them 5+ years to finally implement unova, at the rate they’re going, it’ll be another 5+ years until sinnoh, so as I said, 2025.

Unless of course, they actually make a smart choice and allow for more members in the development department and not stick to 2-3 people.

1 minute ago, BoltBlades12 said:

Well, considering it took them 5+ years to finally implement unova, at the rate they’re going, it’ll be another 5+ years until sinnoh, so as I said, 2025.

Please do some research instead of pulling information out of your ass, unova wasn't in development for 5 years.

2 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

Unless of course, they actually make a smart choice and allow for more members in the development department and not stick to 2-3 people.

You honestly have no idea what you're talking about here. There are many more factors regarding hiring new staff members than you seem to think.

1 minute ago, Dazuzi said:

There are many more factors regarding hiring new staff members than you seem to think.

Not exactly. If the whole “passion project” is the case, then I’m sure there’s plenty of people in the community with similar skills in MMO development that would make the staff significantly bigger, but of course not corporation-size big.

The whole “small staff” excuse regarding why updates and content take forever isn’t cutting it. Because again, there are ways of increasing the staff size and again, I’m sure there’re people who play this game who have skills in game development.

The devs just decide not to let anyone else in and be lazy to compensate.

1 hour ago, BoltBlades12 said:

Well, considering it took them 5+ years to finally implement unova

The moment they announced Unova it took like 9 months to implement it. They deleted the post but the announcement was in mid February 2017 and the PTS was in April 1st 2017. Release was in November the 15th. They had been working on it a while before announcement but we can safely say it wasn't simultaneous with Hoenn.

A more complete implementation, as in 90% of the new items, moves and abilities was done in mid August. The remaining stuff to implement is Diving and White Forest/Black City

And it took so long because of other priority issues such as security and mobile development, so we can safely say as a whole it may have taken at MOST 1 year and a half - 2 years if we bullshitingly guess the unannounced dev time. However, Sinnoh won't require them to implement any new moves or abilities since that work was already done, and I'm sure other issues that delayed Unova's development already have a preemptive solution for Sinnoh too, there's also no Rigamorty causing a security panic or any need to focus on mobile. So no, it won't take 5 years.

Edited by suigin
52 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

If the whole “passion project” is the case...

It's not. Your whole argument is a gross oversimplification due to your own lack of knowledge on the subject.

Suigin even did the research(which you should have done yourself in the first place) for you so please at least make some effort and read it through.

59 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

That sentence doesn't even make sense.

1 hour ago, BoltBlades12 said:

Or, y’know, it’s their project. They’re under no obligation to increase the size of the dev team if they don’t feel the need to. They’ve gotten this far by doing things the way that they do so there’s no reason why they should give up some of their stakes in the game just because certain individuals are unable to accept the reality that things take time, and that setbacks are not fiction. We all wish that updates here weren’t so few and far between, but that’s just how it is.

Maybe go and write another quitting thread, I’m sure it’ll keep you occupied for the time being and you can forget about it for a while

Edited by Zymogen
19 minutes ago, Dazuzi said:

at least make some effort and read it through

Last time he did that he deduced that "NO work is being done on dungeons or sinnoh at the moment" because devs said they were taking actions against Botting and RMT, and I also really don't wanna see another post about "I don't see any bugs, bug fixes are useless". I honestly think it's better to just stop engaging him at this point because there's no point. People have tried to have this conversation with him hundreds of times, if there was any hope of things getting through to him, they would've by now.

Edited by Dibz
39 minutes ago, Dibz said:

Last time he did that he deduced that "NO work is being done on dungeons or sinnoh at the moment" because devs said they were taking actions against Botting and RMT, and I also really don't wanna see another post about "I don't see any bugs, bug fixes are useless". I honestly think it's better to just stop engaging him at this point because there's no point. People have tried to have this conversation with him hundreds of times, if there was any hope of things getting through to him, they would've by now.

Honestly I am like surprised that devs haven't personally told him that if he continues insulting them or the way they do things he can feel free to ***off. I bet 95% of his posts are trashtalking devs.. @BoltBlades12 If you think this game is so shit why stick around? There are plenty of other pokemon mmo's that have failed due to their development team. I am 100% certain this game has survived as long as it has due to our Dev team having an idea of what they are doing. Imo just take a break and come back when you feel less pissy.

1 hour ago, Zymogen said:

Or, y’know, it’s their project. They’re under no obligation to increase the size of the dev team if they don’t feel the need to. They’ve gotten this far by doing things the way that they do so there’s no reason why they should give up some of their stakes in the game just because certain individuals are unable to accept the reality that things take time, and that setbacks are not fiction. We all wish that updates here weren’t so few and far between, but that’s just how it is.

Maybe go and write another quitting thread, I’m sure it’ll keep you occupied for the time being and you can forget about it for a while

I've seen walls able to hold a convo better than that guy zymo, just ignore him at this point.

Edited by razimove

@BoltBlades12 Please stop double posting during discussions in threads, if you have something else to say immediately after the first message just edit the first message.
Also: you have made your points and are just repeating yourself without adding anything constructive to the discussion (this is not an instance where 3rd+ time's the charm), additionally it is somewhat derailing the thread.

Please keep discussion in this thread relevant to Platinum primarily where possible.

And as a general reminder to everyone in this thread, if you are unhappy with another player please do not insult / mock them and instead ignore them. No one wants to give out warning points if arguments end up heated and someone says something hurtful. (which people do surprisingly easily during debates where they get frustrated.).

3 hours ago, DarkTieru said:

I think Sinnoh will be implemented in no time, they already said it was ready, it’s just enabling it, srry for my English.

I'm sure there's still some work to be done to make it work with the game, finding and fixing bugs, errors and exploits, as well as plenty of tests both for staff as well as players (the Public Test Server is launched multiple times before the official release for players like us to test out the region and features and to see how it works with the MMO environment). Devs did say it should be done asap and I'm sure they're working as hard as they can on Sinnoh :)