About this game in the future

Hello people, this is the first post i ever do here (except for a few comments before), and the reason why i do it it's because since the announcement of the new Pokémon region and the new format of the new gen games (the "let's go" form that they are using now and for what we can see they will use for a long, til they do something new or better), I started to wondering what will be the future of this amazing game. 

The jump they did here from the 3rd gen to the 5th gen was pretty remarkable (in the graphic aspect), but it stills fitting pretty well, or looks similar at least, but after that gen we can all agree that it will be impossible to connect all this old games with those. 

I wonder if this game will end (in the adding of new regions of the original game) when they finally add Johto and Sinnoh, and after that they will do new things by their own hands, or maybe wait til all the old games get their respective remakes on the new 3d format and readapt PokeMMO to that, or what do you think could/will happen?

Spoiler

(Obviusly this is not a complaining/riot post to make hate or worry the admins. Even if they just stay to the first 5 regions this gime will survive with any problems. It lasted like 5 years just with Kanto i highly doubt that can die having 5 regions hahaha).

Anyway, im interested to read what do you guys think about this, or the future of the games. Or even suggestions you think could be useful too, or whatever you think. This is a free-opinion post.

And if maybe any admin wanna write any sure/or at least talked thing, would be amazing too. Im sure i'm not the only one thinkin on this things.

By the way, thanks for read, and have a great day!

From a programmer's perspective, it isn't impossible to connect this game to the one's after gen 5. Look at what they did importing gen 5, when you get into a battle in Hoenn or Kanto, the battle mechanics are called from Pokemon Black as an overlay on screen instead of what they used before. I don't see why they wouldn't be able to do that for the new regions after gen 6. It'd take a while but I don't believe it's impossible. 

8 hours ago, th3sylvester said:

From a programmer's perspective, it isn't impossible to connect this game to the one's after gen 5. Look at what they did importing gen 5, when you get into a battle in Hoenn or Kanto, the battle mechanics are called from Pokemon Black as an overlay on screen instead of what they used before. I don't see why they wouldn't be able to do that for the new regions after gen 6. It'd take a while but I don't believe it's impossible. 

I'm not talking in a programming/knowledge sense, i go more to the side that i see hard to do the jump from being playing in a 2d region to a totally 3d region and not feel it weird/disconnected. I'm sure they could make all part of one server and all, but i dont think would fit good, or at least, would be pretty harsh to move from those 2 things so different (at least in my opinion)

Graphically:

(New Games)

https://www.nintenderos.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Dp3CUtHXgAEUPN1.jpg

vs.

(Old games)

https://www.wikihow.com/images/1/1b/Catch-the-Three-Legendary-Birds-in-Pokemon-FireRed-and-LeafGreen-Step-12.jpg

Edited by Ferzh
A few mistakes

I honestly don't think they ever plan to touch any of the 3D Pokemon games, and would sooner work on Johto after they're done with Sinnoh. Like you said, it's way too jarring to go from 2D to 3D like that, and there's a big emphasis on your main customizable character sprite that maintains the same look no matter what region you go to. This would also mean that they would have to start getting some vanities made in 3D, which is honestly something I never see them doing.

tl;dr: Its not possible due to multiple legal restrictions and programming restrictions and would be way more work than its worth.

long answer: PokeMMO remains legal because the program itself doesn't relate to Pokemon. From an outside perspective, the initial executable for PokeMMO is nothing but random lines of code that don't relate to or correlate to anything in relation to Pokemon. However, when ROMs are supplied, the program uses these ROMs as a base structure and then the program itself puts an MMO paint job on top.

This is cool and all, but presents a lot of restrictions and makes creating new regions beyond Generation 5 a pain in the ass. They can't create any new assets relating to Pokemon or else the game could be taken down, which includes cosmetics, 3D models, spriteart, etc.

Then theres the question of how 3D would translate to 2D, because playermodels have to stay consistent meaning either 2D character models would have to be used in a 3D environment like Kalos (impossible considering the camera angles that are used and would be damn near impossible to program) or 3D character models would have to be used in a 2D environment (which would be a huge eyesore and damn near impossible to program)

And this would all be done for what, 70 Pokemon? From a generation that wasn't nearly as well recieved as the 2D ones? It's too much work for too little payoff.

Spoiler

Not to mention the fact that multiple moderators have stated on the forums that they have absolutely no interest in pursuing Kalos once Sinnoh and Johto are done.

Honestly speaking, i don't see this game progressing forwards from kalos. Mainly due to the graphical adjustments that has to be made, specifically customization items. Every single damn vanity item has to be redone in that format. Is it impossible? no, but it will take damn years for those to be properly adjusted. Its just the sheer workload thats on the horizon will play a big role as a deterrant.

365/5000

if one day you decide to switch to 3d then every other previous region must be transformed into 3d.
I see this as difficult, it would be easier (euphism) to transform into 2d Kalos and 6+ regions.
now ... besides being a hard job, I don't know if it's legal ...
but honestly I would exclude that the future of Pokemmo ends with sinnoh / jhoto.
Edited by druido890
On 4/4/2019 at 1:58 AM, Kaiserness said:

tl;dr: Its not possible due to multiple legal restrictions and programming restrictions and would be way more work than its worth.

long answer: PokeMMO remains legal because the program itself doesn't relate to Pokemon. From an outside perspective, the initial executable for PokeMMO is nothing but random lines of code that don't relate to or correlate to anything in relation to Pokemon. However, when ROMs are supplied, the program uses these ROMs as a base structure and then the program itself puts an MMO paint job on top.

This is cool and all, but presents a lot of restrictions and makes creating new regions beyond Generation 5 a pain in the ass. They can't create any new assets relating to Pokemon or else the game could be taken down, which includes cosmetics, 3D models, spriteart, etc.

Then theres the question of how 3D would translate to 2D, because playermodels have to stay consistent meaning either 2D character models would have to be used in a 3D environment like Kalos (impossible considering the camera angles that are used and would be damn near impossible to program) or 3D character models would have to be used in a 2D environment (which would be a huge eyesore and damn near impossible to program)

And this would all be done for what, 70 Pokemon? From a generation that wasn't nearly as well recieved as the 2D ones? It's too much work for too little payoff.

Hide contents

Not to mention the fact that multiple moderators have stated on the forums that they have absolutely no interest in pursuing Kalos once Sinnoh and Johto are done.

Thanks for your answer, honestly i always had the doubt of why this game was never took down for Pokémon, didn't know that hahaha.

And yeah, i thought about re do the 3d regions on 2d, but honestly it's too much work and i dont think it worth it neither, but i wonder what can be after johto and sinnoh if the new pokémon releases aren't the target

(about the spoiler): didnt know about this neither, thanks for state it

Edited by Ferzh
On 4/5/2019 at 7:06 PM, MagnificentSpeed said:

Remember also, this always was and will be a fan game, and there are plenty of very good fan regions out there, probably a controversial topic for far future implementation but there are always options for expansion.

This! It would be very interesting to see the game evolve. I found a hackroom of hoenn with DS graphics, for example.

We just need time to let the staff see what they are able, or not, to do for the game. ^^

On 4/5/2019 at 7:06 PM, MagnificentSpeed said:

Remember also, this always was and will be a fan game, and there are plenty of very good fan regions out there, probably a controversial topic for far future implementation but there are always options for expansion.

8 hours ago, Hirumie said:

This! It would be very interesting to see the game evolve. I found a hackroom of hoenn with DS graphics, for example.

We just need time to let the staff see what they are able, or not, to do for the game. ^^

Absolutely agree. Never complained about it, even more, would be really cool if they do new stuff from zero or re-do's of the old stuff too!

12 hours ago, Ferzh said:

Absolutely agree. Never complained about it, even more, would be really cool if they do new stuff from zero or re-do's of the old stuff too!

To be honest I feel every single word in your post. The transition from regions is... not good at all. But I can see a future where PokeMMO could make a map for their own, with DS graphics. We have to wait and see what happend. ^^
I always thought that I was the only person that cared for the region transition (in terms of graphics) So... I thank you for post this!