does the rom i put on my game change something?

hi am new to pokemmo so please bear my stupidity has i couldnt find the answer to this question. 

my question his if put a rom for pokemon black instead of white will this change the game in any way?

i know heart gold soul silver is just for the pokemon following you,firered and emerald are to play on that region.

25 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

Pretty sure it also change what show up on the map since some people ask how to reach white forest/ black city depending on the rom they have.

Quite a good point, both White Forest and Black City are not available, Silvas. 

The Fire Red, Emerald and Black Versions ROMs add the respective regions to the game, with Black/White being essential in order to play the game.

HeartGold/ SoulSilver only add the possibility to have Pokemon as overworld followers (even if many Mods do the same by now) but also improve the graphic models of overworld NPCs in Kanto and Hoenn region, displaying their NDS sprites instead of GBA sprites.

What do you mean? There's another similar thread in this forum about battle Balance. Some npc are new/not yet implemented/missing etc.

The game itself has a lot of changes to the originals.

/Edit

The link to the thread:

Also off the top of my hat the most important balance changes are probably:

-Money balance

-You can't swap your mon after knocking out an npcs mon

-many Sinnoh Pokemon are not yet implemented

-many new PvP rebattles, move tutors, different breeding

Edited by Caliginosus