Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DoubleJ

[PSL XI] THE HYPEST HYPE THREAD

Recommended Posts

 

just because staff is too lazy to punish or police coaching doesn’t mean psl needs to sink to that level. Anyone who claims to value true competitive play should be against coaching, it’s that simple. 

 

Also, imagine thinking “you don’t even play this game” is an insult - it’s the highest compliment you can offer on these forums 

Edited by Gunthug

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Kamimiii said:

Oh my bad I thought they were since the PSL9's host decided to throw away the competitive aspect, the fair-play and every other purpose of PSL by cheating.

Fake news. A witch hunt. We should investigate those who made the accusations. 

 

#fucktards

 

You still can't host, sorry. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

Anyone who claims to value true competitive play should be against coaching, it’s that simple. 

if its just about bragging rights we can remove prizes.

 

4 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

Also, imagine thinking “you don’t even play this game” is an insult - it’s the highest compliment you can offer on these forums 

if those people are so damn proud to not play anymore, why do they visit forums to shittalk people? if im not rdy to face anybody whos doing the do, i just stfu, instead of throwing shit, cause "hehe, i dont play the game anymore, so i cant back shit up, b-but ive been relevant at some point".

 

it would be a compliment if you wouldnt react to such posts, cause u dont read stupid forum posts to begin with. as soon as you throw shit you step back into the arena, so at least have the decency to back shit up. aint that hard.

 

wasnt necessarily directed at you, shit just gets me going.

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, DrButler said:

if its just about bragging rights we can remove prizes.

 

Not sure why the same principles of competitiveness don’t apply when there’s prize money on the line. Seems like even more reason to stick to principles and discourage shitty play. But shit, I’d play in psl even if the prize was an hour alone in a room with Fred. How good of a season we’ve had hasn’t ever really correlated to the size of the prize pool 

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, here are some points I'd like to get across:

 

1) Yeah, I agree with Gunt. It's never been the prize pool but the player pool that makes the competition more interesting. However, that's harder when a lot of the good players have died. I'm not in touch with the competitive scene ingame, so I don't know who is top dog, but I'm definitely curious to find out how good they are. What makes the event interesting is when good players face each other, that's one of the primary reasons why one would watch a game. 

 

2) With the rise in Spanish / Chinese speaking players, there is a huge communication barrier which decreases the fun, as the whole concept of being a team is to have more interactions with each other. The process of battling would be so formalistic / robotic where it'd just be you show up and play, and that's it. There used to be some fun beef that we'd all like to watch, like Zeb / Firelion or Raaidn / Frags, and many more that I can't presently think of. 

 

3) Looking at this thread from roughly three years ago: 


I'm laughing at Zebra losing to Kalisweet. Life or Jovi if you're reading this, the new meme should be, "Zeb, you completely bad xD" or something along those lines. Shoutout to my loss to Kriger. I was totally salty and humbled that game, which aptly marked the beginning of a horrible season for me. Anyways, my point is that those matchups then looked a lot more interesting compared to now. There were also some minor conflicts happen between ingame teammates and PSL Teammates. Essentially, ingame activity was at an all-time high around those times, which isn't the case.


4) Exclusion of players who don't give a shit. There are a lot of memesters in the community right now who have that "too cool for school" attitude where they announce in normal chat ten minutes before their battle, "Yeah, I'm going to build my team now." Either you're lying which is really a stupid thing to do look good, or you shouldn't waste your teammate's effort / time by half-assing this tour. 
 

4) I don't think PSL should be rushed to compensate for the deadness (merriam webster says that it's a real word) of the game because the "hype" is just going to die down in a week or two, and soon playing your games will become a burden and you'd eagerly wait for the event to end.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apologies for the overly-pessimistic approach. But these are some other things I feel that would need to happen for PSL to become more hype:

1) Revival of some of the previously dead veterans
2) More english-speaking players so that there'd be an equal ratio of chinese / spanish / english players
3) Staff involvement to give this tournament more desirability or quality. Imagine the reach that would spread across the community if it was announced ingame about this tour. You'd be watched / judged by a majority of people whom you don't know, and for those of you who have played finals often will know what that's like. Except this time it'd be a lot more prestigious. 

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, RysPicz said:

I'm the host. 

for real? 

5 hours ago, DrButler said:

if those people are so damn proud to not play anymore, why do they visit forums to shittalk people? if im not rdy to face anybody whos doing the do, i just stfu, instead of throwing shit, cause "hehe, i dont play the game anymore, so i cant back shit up, b-but ive been relevant at some point".

 

it would be a compliment if you wouldnt react to such posts, cause u dont read stupid forum posts to begin with. as soon as you throw shit you step back into the arena, so at least have the decency to back shit up. aint that hard.

 

wasnt necessarily directed at you, shit just gets me going.

i'll answer this for me and you can take whatever you want from it. i consider myself a player after throwing many years and thousands of hours into this game. i dont currently play because the game is in a somewhat shitty state atm imo.

staff has throw the "end game content" under the bus in favor of mobile (for the money) and are currently pushing new content. new regions new whatever instead of giving players something to do once they finished. this is because they have resigned themself to loosing a lot of players once they are done with the story line and figure the ones who are still here will wait forever. rather then trying to make a game that will keep people playing they are forever looking for new markets on multiple platforms and phones and foreign country's. 

the "lets not have bans guys" and other idiocracy is just icing on the cake.

 

that being said after such a long time playing and meeting so many people through this game it will be very hard for anyone to just give up and quit and never look back. the hope "it will get good or at least better" will be there for a long long time since this is forever in development. hell as it is for a sit down and play through and then quit, its better then the handhelds in many ways, just not something i would want to play everyday forever. 

 

and players such as me who know everyone in this thread to one degree or another might come back just for the people if nothing else. couple people in this thread i would love to have over and cook dinner for and go fishing with or go to the zoo or whatever normies do these days.

Share this post


Link to post

An entry-fee of at least 500k- should be a requirement imo.

I mean, we just wasted 2months- and millions of yen to win the previous psl, and the prize was like 2m each. :Facepalm: 

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Laz said:

An entry-fee of at least 500k- should be a requirement imo.

I mean, we just wasted 2months- and millions of yen to win the previous psl, and the prize was like 2m each. :Facepalm: 

have you thought about and considered what could have caused last season to generate less donations then previous seasons? cause if you try to solve a problem without looking at the context of why their is a problem you can make it worse

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, fredrichnietze said:

have you thought about and considered what could have caused last season to generate less donations then previous seasons? cause if you try to solve a problem without looking at the context of why their is a problem you can make it worse

 

You're right, it should be 1m entry fee instead 

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/20/2019 at 10:25 PM, FNTCZ said:

Could we please not name a team "transformers, assemble!" this time?

Only if it's named "avengers, assemble!" instead.

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Gunthug said:

All the more reason to ensure that the host is against coaching, not for it 

When did I say I liked coaching in MMO events lmao ?

 

15 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

Fake news. A witch hunt. We should investigate those who made the accusations. 

 

#fucktards

 

You still can't host, sorry. 

 

heheXD

 

Not like you have any power in your hands anyway to deny that by yourself so whatever you say male nurse !

 

Not like I need that in my life anyway, I kindly offer it because WC's council had trouble reading through every message and summarize arguments, if they don't need it it's fine to me lol

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Kamimiii said:

When did I say I liked coaching in MMO events lmao ?

 

 

I hijacked your comment to take a laser shot at gb, apologies 

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Gunthug said:

just because staff is too lazy to punish or police coaching doesn’t mean psl needs to sink to that level. Anyone who claims to value true competitive play should be against coaching, it’s that simple. 

Everyone is against coaching. Now, what is going to be done to prevent coaching.... absolutely nothing because only devs or staff can do something about it. Making a rule that forbids coaching is pointless if you can't enforce shit. We all know it, there is no point in entertaining that delusion anymore.

 

2 hours ago, Gunthug said:

I hijacked your comment to take a laser shot at gb, apologies 

Tag me next time you need attention.

Edited by gbwead

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, DoubleJ said:

I'd be honored to call myself a nurse. They work so fucking hard and fucktards like you shit on them left and right. 

 

I guess it's time I mention how @Moetalis better than you. 

Can you log on for TT? We're starting every set 0-1 because of no dubs player :(

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

I'd be honored to call myself a nurse. They work so fucking hard and fucktards like you shit on them left and right. 

 

I guess it's time I mention how @Moetalis better than you. 

Except you're not a nurse you're a male nurse ! When did I shit on them exactly ? Half of my IRL friends are nurse lol.

 

Ye he won once I won 10 times congrats to him ! Wanna talk about me having twice your winrate in last 3 PSLs or not ?

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, gbwead said:

Everyone is against coaching. Now, what is going to be done to prevent coaching.... absolutely nothing because only devs or staff can do something about it. Making a rule that forbids coaching is pointless if you can't enforce shit. We all know it, there is no point in entertaining that delusion anymore.

 

Tag me next time you need attention.

We get it dude. You’re a coward who wants to allow coaching. It’s why you won’t host 

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

I'd be honored to call myself a nurse. They work so fucking hard and fucktards like you shit on them left and right. 

 

I guess it's time I mention how @Moetalis better than you. 

The gulf in responsibility between nurses and doctors is so big that it’s nothing but a compliment to be called a nurse knowing that you are in fact a (Juniour[?]) Doctor. 

 

I love Kami and JJ but despite all Pokemon-related dispositions, we can’t not acknowledge the commitment that JJ puts towards improving patient care. 

 

But let’s not digress too far. Staff suck and PSL rules. Let’s get some hype. 

 

Hungover edit: god damn I chat some crap when I’m drunk. My last point still stands though

Edited by Zymogen

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Gunthug said:

We get it dude. You’re a coward who wants to allow coaching. It’s why you won’t host 

No one needs your permission to host anything gunthug. Perhaps you should get off your high horse and realize the only people that give a shit about your opinion here is your fellow dead players. You're not part of PSL and probably never will be again; calling me a coward won't change that.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.