[PSL XI] THE HYPEST HYPE THREAD

3 hours ago, gbwead said:

No one needs your permission to host anything gunthug. Perhaps you should get off your high horse and realize the only people that give a shit about your opinion here is your fellow dead players. You're not part of PSL and probably never will be again; calling me a coward won't change that.

I’m on a high horse because I don’t want the psl reduced to an uncompetitive cesspool of coaching? Nah. I literally gave the power to keep you from being host. Watch me flex it. 

9 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

I'd be honored to call myself a nurse. They work so fucking hard and fucktards like you shit on them left and right. 

I guess it's time I mention how @Moetalis better than you. 

It's not proper for a nurse to agitate the sickly, JJ. Leave the poor inbred alone, though I understand your profession inclines you to do the opposite.

2 hours ago, Moetal said:

It's not proper for a nurse to agitate the sickly, JJ. Leave the poor inbred alone, though I understand your profession inclines you to do the opposite.

I will wake your sick ass up at 2am just to know you're still alive. 

It's like saying, since we can't prevent drugs consumption at 100%, well then let's allow it because we suck.

That's the most illogical thing I've read. Last PSL rules were so strict compared to the previous ones, of course maybe it didn't completely prevent coaching, but I'm sure it did to a certain level which was acceptable.

Also there seems to be an overestimation of the degree of coaching in the game. In my team's case for example, there was literally 0% coaching and I can assure you no one from the team tried to help any other one during their fights. First because our members had good personalities and had some big ego, like Nahwel for example, he pissed me off all the time because he always refused to get help from anyone, even revealing his team was a No from him.

Some people didn't even talk during the whole event and we had no contact or whatsoever between us, yet we trusted their plays. Would be an insult to accuse enchanteur of being coached, the guy won more tournaments than the times some of your moms change their underwears.

I think we should let go of out fear of facing someone who's getting coached. It happens all the time in tournaments. How many tournaments were won by a guy who faced a whole team of coaches. There are even some teams that have the reputation of being a coaching team since they do a tremendous effort to help their players win against loners, I won't cite anyone, but, PSL should go upward. Last one was a success when it came to the rules, if i were to change one thing, it would be to have hosts that can actually communicate, who have the cojones to back up their decisions and to assume them.

Tl; Dr: Should we allow coaching? 

Nty.

Edited by Laz
Rofl That moment when you respond to someone, but then he deletes his post seconds later
8 hours ago, Gunthug said:

I’m on a high horse because I don’t want the psl reduced to an uncompetitive cesspool of coaching? Nah. I literally gave the power to keep you from being host. Watch me flex it. 

When you forums while drunk, no one wins. I have 0 power and it feels awesome - but I still strongly believe coaching needs to be banned. I’d rather have a league where 50% of matches involve illegal coaching than 100% of matches are legally coached. Truth is, I don’t think we’re even close to that 50% number 

1 hour ago, Kizhaz said:

I remember when small jabs at each other didn't have to end in pitiful arguments. At least make this season be somewhat entertaining instead of hard to read between all the online measuring contests

Every single season someone has to play the “guys this smack talk is too mean for me” card. Why? Can’t you just not post instead? 

5 hours ago, Laz said:

It's like saying, since we can't prevent drugs consumption at 100%, well then let's allow it because we suck.

I always knew you had a problem in your head since you played 130 IV total mixed raichu in PSL finals.

We can't prevent it AT ALL, not even 1%, unless pooped people start to coach in normal chat or coach in discord voice channel where other people can see you, there is NO WAY to find out someone got coached or not.

Edited 5 hours ago by Laz 
Rofl That moment when you respond to someone, but then he deletes his post seconds later

Seriously brain damaged. Since when can you delete your own post ?

EDIT : And from someone who got coached by me for an entiere season since you sucked at NU I think your message is senseless. :PPPP (hehe coach is everywhere near the bad players / hi JJ)

Edited by Kamimiii
1 hour ago, Kamimiii said:

I always knew you had a problem in your head since you played 130 IV total mixed raichu in PSL finals.

Rofl I won stuff with poverty comps, problem ?

Seriously brain damaged. Since when can you delete your own post ?

By asking an admin

And from someone who got coached by me for an entiere season since you sucked at NU I think your message is senseless. :PPPP 

It's true you pm'd me saying the moves I should use once when we were on the same team, But lol, never had I asked for your help during a battle, you acted on your own, and you were probably half wrong on your suggestions that I probably ended up not considering lol.

Well to go back to to the main topic, your argument of let's allow coaching because we cannot prevent it at 100% isn't legit imo.

We can't prevent it AT ALL, not even 1%

I think what you mean is, we can’t CATCH it at all - in other words, the people who want to coach will find a way. This is way way different than preventing it - and it’s also wrong. People have been caught coaching every season for like 5 straight seasons 

but I don’t even really care about that. People will literally not coach because it’s ahainst the rules. Not everyone follows the rules, but more do than you would think. 

2 hours ago, Laz said:

1) Rofl I won stuff with poverty comps, problem ?

2) By asking an admin

3) It's true you pm'd me saying the moves I should use once when we were on the same team, But lol, never had I asked for your help during a battle, you acted on your own, and you were probably half wrong on your suggestions that I probably ended up not considering lol.

1) And you lost stuff because of poverty comps so yeah you're a trash team mate in that sense because you throw the efforts of your team for no reason.

2) Who the fuck coaches in PM in MMO with the risk of getting caught when you can use discord ??????

3) 002fc620d2.png

ptdr. 

2 hours ago, Gunthug said:

I think what you mean is, we can’t CATCH it at all - in other words, the people who want to coach will find a way. This is way way different than preventing it - and it’s also wrong. People have been caught coaching every season for like 5 straight seasons 

but I don’t even really care about that. People will literally not coach because it’s ahainst the rules. Not everyone follows the rules, but more do than you would think. 

People who get caught coaching are braindead as fuck (just like the people that ask for coaching), my argument was considering people weren't totally mentally disabled, but I guess you're right on this point, some people are so dumb they'll manage to get caught. I might have not said it before but I'm against allowing coaching in a sense, I just firmly believe that there will always be coaching and almost no way of spotting it, so my point is that it is unfair to have a respectful player play against a coach when we clearly know this will happen.

Ideally I'd love people to realize it's so dumb to let someone play your game instead of you because PSL has barely any prizepool (2M lol) which leads the only viable reason to play being glory and satisfaction of winning by yourself. But it's also frustrating for some medium skilled players to lose against an opponent of their strengh because he was coached.

Nothing will solve the problem, there is no ideal solution, we indeed can only hope the coached player will get slapped by karma and RNG.

002fc620d2.png

Lol, let's translate.

_ yo bae, let me know when you're available as im playing soon ( apparently im asking u for practice before my match )

_do you have a team?

_yup but needs some modification, i got 2 teams blabla, wanna play a battle ?

_im playing in 25_40min, m at a coffee, hurry up etc.

So, where is the coaching part, lmao?

Nice try though bb.

Edited by Laz
10 hours ago, Kizhaz said:

I remember when small jabs at each other didn't have to end in pitiful arguments. At least make this season be somewhat entertaining instead of hard to read between all the online measuring contests

shut up loser

57 minutes ago, Laz said:

_ yo bae, let me know when you're available as im playing soon ( apparently im asking u for practice before my match )

"J'ai besoin de toi pr mon match" = I need your help during my match

Proof under your eyes and still lying lmao litterally 0 pride 

Edited by Kamimiii
Just now, Kamimiii said:

People who get caught coaching are braindead as fuck (just like the people that ask for coaching), my argument was considering people weren't totally mentally disabled, but I guess you're right on this point, some people are so dumb they'll manage to get caught. I might have not said it before but I'm against allowing coaching in a sense, I just firmly believe that there will always be coaching and almost no way of spotting it, so my point is that it is unfair to have a respectful player play against a coach when we clearly know this will happen.

Ideally I'd love people to realize it's so dumb to let someone play your game instead of you because PSL has barely any prizepool (2M lol) which leads the only viable reason to play being glory and satisfaction of winning by yourself. But it's also frustrating for some medium skilled players to lose against an opponent of their strengh because he was coached.

Nothing will solve the problem, there is no ideal solution, we indeed can only hope the coached player will get slapped by karma and RNG.

I'm not speaking for Gunt, but here's what's up:

If we allow coaching:
1) You'd essentially be watching the same player face each other multiple times, which would get boring after a while.

2) Any honest player who gets drafted and wishes to play, will probably get subbed out if he disobeys his manager's request to get ghosted. Ultimately there's nothing he can do correct the situation. If ghosting was disallowed, he'd be able to remedy the situation by showing logs that he was asked to ghost.

3) You'd be hampering the development of any player that wishes to improve. 

If we don't allow coaching:

1) Those players who are in the "pro-coaching" position are still going to coach or get coached. Although they have to do this carefully in order to not get caught, but like you said, it will still be hard to catch the "non-braindead" players.

There is a fear or paranoia that if one player gets coached and the other doesn't, then the player who doesn't get coached is going to definitely lose. So the mentality is that to even the tables, we allow both sides to coach. Regarding my first sentence, remember that this is pokemon and it's still possible for a non-coached player to win his game. The coached player does have an advantage of seeing things from multiple perspectives, but that also comes with its own drawbacks. I'd rather we implement a policy to take away the "upper hand" to even out the situation rather than allowing both sides to coach. Even if like you said, that with the implementation of a non-coaching policy that some people will still coach and that there would be one player having an advantage over his opponent because his uguu gets held by his friends, it's not an end-all situation for the player who is being honest. 

"J'ai besoin de toi pr mon match" = I need your help during my match

Proof under your eyes and still lying lmao litterally 0 pride 

Lmfao, in the next line I precise the kind of help that I needed, and I say that I want to battle you for practice.

Try again haha.