Unburden ban

Hi guys,

Would like to hear more about the unburden ban.

With which Pokemons was it broken?

I bred a Drifblim a few days ago, fell in love with it and realised the Abilty is not working.

I respect the decisions of the balance team of course, would just like to hear more on that topic.

Cheers!

9 minutes ago, Caliginosus said:

Hi guys,

Would like to hear more about the unburden ban.

With which Pokemons was it broken?

I bred a Drifblim a few days ago, fell in love with it and realised the Abilty is not working.

I respect the decisions of the balance team of course, would just like to hear more on that topic.

Cheers!

It's banned until Baton Pass is fixed/banned

Currently the Unburdened ability is also transferred to the Pokemon on the receiving end of a Baton Pass, which shouldn't be the case

8 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

Not in Little Cup.

Sure, but I don't really think that that's connected with the Unburden ban.

Well, thanks Zymogen! Makes a bit more sense to me now, even though I feel there could be a better way of containing the problem, without removing precious little Drifblim (and probably some others).

Edited by Caliginosus
45 minutes ago, Caliginosus said:

Sure, but I don't really think that that's connected with the Unburden ban.

Well, it is. Better option obviously could have been to temporarily ban Unburden + Baton Pass combination but it seems like nullifying Abilities is something the Devs seem to do when there is a bug regarding it, perhaps because it's the easiest way and doesn't require a server shutdown.

Edit: Disabling an ability in general makes a lot of sense because a bug tells that something is wrong and there might be some other ways in which Unburden interacts with other mechanics is wrong. So disabling it until everything has been looked into makes sense.

Edited by OrangeManiac

Never played LC, so I just assumed.

I think it would have been a more elegant solution to just ban Baton Pass + Unburden in LC. Baton Pass is banned everywhere else already anyway.

And blocking an Ability (just for LC) sounds more intruding and unintuitive than another ban.

Not trying to bash on LC, just a shame that I can't play my non LC properly because of LC.

But I know, it's just a little issue that barely affects anyone and dev resources are limited. Just leaves me hoping.

/Edit

Regarding your edit:

I just wanted to bring attention to the fact that this disable also locked out certain Pokemon, or rather learn why that step had to be taken. If the problem is bigger than I assumed (bugs, several balance issues) it's of course a good decision to disable the Abilty, can't argue with that.

Edited by Caliginosus

If an ability is broken or bugged, it's generally not allowed in competitive PvP until everything has been sorted out with it and it works without any issues, which will probably require an update to fix. So until it works perfectly, it's most likely going to stay banned like it currently is. 

12 hours ago, OrangeManiac said:

Disabling an ability in general makes a lot of sense because a bug tells that something is wrong and there might be some other ways in which Unburden interacts with other mechanics is wrong. So disabling it until everything has been looked into makes sense.

^^

I was wondering why everything was out-speeding me after Acrobatics/Flying Gem with my Drift vs various mons..
Not that it stopped me from finding a way to win, it was confusing none-the-less.. Now it makes sense
tbh I thought I sucked at speed-tiers or that everyone is running choice scarf! xD

Edited by MHkaserz
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 4/14/2019 at 7:58 AM, Caliginosus said:

Any news on unburden?

Got a IRL tournament coming up and would love to use Drifblim.

Pretty sure it's been fixed by now, I remember it not bugging out with baton pass recently. Would need TC or staff to confirm though, don't take my word for it 

• Munya locked this topic