New Currency

SodaNaranja

Question

Well, this is not a suggestion to add a new currency (get clickbaited) but to rework the BP so it can be used as such. With that being said, i begin:

1) Give some love to the BP items:

By making the BP exclusive items more attractive to the community people will feel like actually trying to obtain BP, making this whole suggestion work somehow. I will cover more of this in a sec.

2) Transform the Yen:

Allow players to transform their Yen into BP in a way or another; this could very well be an NPC who offers said transformation or some other way less direct. If the BP market (aka BP exclusive items) is attractive, people will want to invest in BP to obtain said exclusives.

Now i will explain how could this (possibly) work.

>First of all, BP items need to be more attractive, this can be done by exploting the Secret Bases. If devs were to put effort into making the Secret Base system i'm pretty sure people will want to spend BP in it:

If you decide to focus on the enhancing of secret bases the BP store could get directed towards the audience who wants those (which I assume, by adding these functions plus new secret base items would get pretty popular)

And secret base items aren't tradable, so they're meant to be bought and used in a pretty estetic fashio

Make Secret Bases more accesible, in all three regions (Make new spots)
Rework the Items limit for Secret Bases
Allow a players to edit a secret base to the very ground, somewhat like RPG maker
Make it so Teams can have Team Bases in which players can hold their unofficial Team events
Allow players to teleport to their bases
Create new items to sell for BP: Heal Spot, PC, Tiles (Grass, Water, Sand, Etc), Blueprints
Make it so players can enter other people bases without having to go and find it (somewhat like PvP, where you're taken there and can leave at any given time)
Make more PvE events regarding Secret Bases

Secret bases tbh cover a perfect money sink, since the items obtained for them aren't tradable...they just have to...not suck, and i assume after some changes are applied they could become pretty popular among players.

>Have some Vanity Items (Good Ones) exclusive to the BP store and not obtainable anywhere else

Spoiler

Not saying to switch the Gift Shop items to BP store but whenever you release new vanities have some go designated for BP store.

Spoiler

Except perhaps Dyes, those aren't worth being RP

Spoiler

And Amnesia Brace

Spoiler

I think i wanted to say more but can't recall right now, anyways, i'm aware this has several flaws, but i think it could work somehow since so far. The major issue i can think of would be that some BP items like Choice Items will have a price Fixed, but that much isn't that bad, is it? Waiting for some feedback.

11 answers to this question

I love the idea of exclusive untradeable vanities as they would be a great incentive for grinding more BP. For example you could have pieces at 50k BP, 100k BP, 150k BP and so on; the more expensive it is, the cooler the vanity looks. Something that would take fucking ages to grind for but would feel really gratifying to own because the only way of obtaining them would be to bust your ass in ranked for weeks. 

Edited by Zymogen
14 minutes ago, SodaNaranja said:

Waiting for some feedback.

I agree with what Zymo said and this is overall a good idea. The only issue with suggestions like this is where they would put this on their list of priorities compared to things like dungeons & hidden abilities. It seems like a pretty lengthy suggestion so not sure where it would fit in. 

5 minutes ago, ImFunk said:

I agree with what Zymo said and this is overall a good idea. The only issue with suggestions like this is where they would put this on their list of priorities compared to things like dungeons & hidden abilities. It seems like a pretty lengthy suggestion so not sure where it would fit in. 

Yeah adding to that: If they can actually do it

hmmm, I could read your post, what I liked most was being able to make the transformation from pokeyen to PB, (I think you forgot that if it is possible to add a PC in the secret base to be able to change the pokemon equipment without going to a pokemon center) I made a mistake here, if you mentioned it

Edited by EazyL
5 hours ago, Zymogen said:

I love the idea of exclusive untradeable vanities as they would be a great incentive for grinding more BP. For example you could have pieces at 50k BP, 100k BP, 150k BP and so on; the more expensive it is, the cooler the vanity looks. Something that would take fucking ages to grind for but would feel really gratifying to own because the only way of obtaining them would be to bust your ass in ranked for weeks. 

Great idea.

2 hours ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

You doomed this suggestion the second you mentioned the amnesia brace now the devs will never acknowledge it or even look at it

Hey it's not like the devs are continously trying to push AB's use, like giving out EXP upon catching a pokemon...

great idea, i love to build my own secret base, ive bought 22500 dolls and other stuffs, it costs me more than 100k bp i think but i dont regret it, and i expect for more items to come and an option to expand its limit of maximum decorations.

ps> please bring back the chrismast tree decoration lol, i miss that event