Returning after 5 years

49 minutes ago, HotCarl said:

IS there very many OTs playing nowadays?

Not sure what you mean by this. 

But, you no longer need IV calculators :^)

P.S. Welcome back~

Edited by Deviluke
  • Kanto / Hoenn / Unova are available.
  • IV's / EV's are now displayed in pokemon summaries without requiring external calculators.
  • Breeding is now more akin to refinement where both parents are consumed and a child with (if you breed properly) better stats is produced
  • In terms of tiers for competitive play, this thread (towards the bottom) has an automatically monthly-updated chart of how commonly various pokemon are used in each tier, and will give you some idea of what is frequently used. I believe the data is aggregated from Tournaments and Ranked Matchmaking only, incase that matters to you.

• Berry farming is a pretty good stable method of income now if you know what to grow / have the time to do so, there are some nice player-made guides here:

• Virtually everything from the three currently accessible regions are available outside of legendaries and hidden abilities, both of which have been mentioned to be involved with a future PokeMMO feature termed "Dungeons", but there's no further details I can give you in regards to them, I just wanted to mention it incase you wanted to find a pokemon with a hidden ability and got confused on how to, they're sadly just not available yet.
  • As sinnoh is not accessible in PokeMMO there are several pokemon still not available that are exclusive to Sinnoh, notable mentions are the starters, Garchomp, Spiritomb (for nasty plot egg move), and obviously Pachirisu because of course the best Pika-clone would be last to be made available.
  • In terms of in-jokes and memes, which is clearly important to reintegrating yourself in PokeMMO after all this time, Jumpeon is a dead meme and more a badge of "Oh wow you're an old player", SRIF stands for Shiny Rate is Fair and should be mentioned anytime someone finds a shiny you like but you don't own. just keep both of these in mind and you'll blend in like a kecleon.
  • If you want to have follower-sprites for pokemon from Generation 5 you'll need to use player-made mods which you can find in the mods section of our forums, otherwise if you try to summon them it will tell you they are too shy to come out of their pokeball.
2 hours ago, Malorne said:

Bong is gone, nuff said :(

R.I.P

I would get on just to talk to Rusty every few weeks or so. I think that was around the beginingof the end.

Did everyone just drift away or was there some fuckery? How can we get control of gambo?

Have you been active this whole time or just keeping tabs on the forum?

10 hours ago, HotCarl said:

R.I.P

I would get on just to talk to Rusty every few weeks or so. I think that was around the beginingof the end.

Did everyone just drift away or was there some fuckery? How can we get control of gambo?

Have you been active this whole time or just keeping tabs on the forum?

Think i still have a few of em on my fb, i'm just forum lurking lol. Probably it got disbanded though, dunno

On 3/9/2019 at 8:21 AM, Matoka said:
  • In terms of in-jokes and memes, which is clearly important to reintegrating yourself in PokeMMO after all this time, Jumpeon is a dead meme and more a badge of "Oh wow you're an old player", SRIF stands for Shiny Rate is Fair and should be mentioned anytime someone finds a shiny you like but you don't own. just keep both of these in mind and you'll blend in like a kecleon.

"Jumpeon is a dead meme.."
SAYS WHO!?

6 hours ago, Quakkz said:

somehow that name rings a bell

been here since 2012, with some major breaks

I was never top tier or anything mostly pick-ups and bong tournys. I just met Dannnno while making jokes in chat and got on perps team. I was friendly with, iirc bruh or chestbrah. Met some of misc through him. Or if you were ever in a team with Guyver I was in their discord often. I can't remember the name of it. I wanna say it was generation and also had walrus and rusty.

But more than likely it was from /ch2? whichever one had JWingWangWong and rae. I was usually pretty tipsy and chatted more than farmed.

I think I can remember seeing you in-game. which team where you on?

Looks like vvvv? I think I was in a team skirmish or tourny you hosted. 

Edited by HotCarl
new info
46 minutes ago, Rrawr said:

same boat as you. been 5r years or whatever its been haha. goodluck to you

WB to you too.

Did you start from red or just jump to the new stuff?

Everything is lookin great so far. The new breeding system has me excited thanks to matoka. Who strolled in here and dopped their giant master balls on the table.

15 hours ago, HotCarl said:

I was never top tier or anything mostly pick-ups and bong tournys. I just met Dannnno while making jokes in chat and got on perps team. I was friendly with, iirc bruh or chestbrah. Met some of misc through him. Or if you were ever in a team with Guyver I was in their discord often. I can't remember the name of it. I wanna say it was generation and also had walrus and rusty.

But more than likely it was from /ch2? whichever one had JWingWangWong and rae. I was usually pretty tipsy and chatted more than farmed.

I think I can remember seeing you in-game. which team where you on?

Looks like vvvv? I think I was in a team skirmish or tourny you hosted. 

back then it was probably either Bushido, Lyle or Revo