Forum Organization ?

andreuh

Question

As someone who frequently partakes in only catching events and not PvP events I would like to see the PokeMMO Official Events have two parts (Official Tournaments/Official Competitions) where I can easily see just the events I am interested in.
I would like to see this as well with the unofficial events (Unofficial Tournaments/Unofficial Competitions) where other players and I can post our tournaments and catching competitions separately, but under the same main topic.

Just and organization suggestion.

12 answers to this question

Just now, ImFunk said:

The forums were only recently updated so not sure how much of a rush they'll be in to make more changes but would be nice. 

Thought I could put the idea out there just so its on the table.

I think a good way to handle this would be if we used tags, then you could click on the tag you want which we would ideally have all of on one of the pinned topics, and it would filter out those types of events, OU, UU, NU, LC, Doubles, PvE, PvP or w/e would be most fitting.

There is 2 pages in the event folder.Anything that would organize them would be awesome.

And I hate how pve events made by players have to be in competitive forums section under unofficial tournaments.

Does not make much sense.Would prefer it to have a folder for unofficial tournaments and unofficial events in the pokemmo official events section.

3 hours ago, MightyBoxer said:

There is 2 pages in the event folder.Anything that would organize them would be awesome.

And I hate how pve events made by players have to be in competitive forums section under unofficial tournaments.

Does not make much sense.Would prefer it to have a folder for unofficial tournaments and unofficial events in the pokemmo official events section.

I wish we have one large section labeled as....
------Ok so I tried to type it out but I think this makes more sense to just show you I guess.

PokeMMO Events

Tournaments ─ Official Tournaments, Unofficial Tournaments

Competitions ─ Official Competitions, Unofficial Competitions

Thats something along the lines of what I would like to see.

9 hours ago, Munya said:

I think a good way to handle this would be if we used tags, then you could click on the tag you want which we would ideally have all of on one of the pinned topics, and it would filter out those types of events, OU, UU, NU, LC, Doubles, PvE, PvP or w/e would be most fitting.

Tags could be a nice addition but I still would like to see something like the reply I sent above just for easy navigation. 

I think the tags would mostly benefit people in the comp scene, like you said, filtering OU, UU, NU, etc.
I just want the events to be a little more categorized so that he events I (and other players) post aren't just surrounded by a bunch of player hosted tournaments.

I wish we have one large section labeled as....
------Ok so I tried to type it out but I think this makes more sense to just show you I guess.

PokeMMO Events

Tournaments ─ Official Tournaments, Unofficial Tournaments

Competitions ─ Official Competitions, Unofficial Competitions

Thats something along the lines of what I would like to see.

I like this a lot I can only hope they update the forums with your idea.

1 minute ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

Are they forcing people to put event in that competitive place now? It used to be good when it was in general discussion. who fucked with that if it is the case?

I have no place to post my events.
That it the only place to post unofficial events/tournys. 

38 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

Welp that's one more reason why i am not part of your event. I never go to the competition alley.

Thats why I am asking for this.

I would like a designated place to post unofficial PvE competitions.

Its like staff don't want players to host events on their own or something.