Pokemon Level caps/Gym Leader accessibilitys cap

Alu

Question

Today i would like to talk about the Pokemon Level cap system. I want to suggest a fix to that system, what i mean by that is i think the level cap shouldn't be changed raised a little bit and some other issues revolving the whole gym leader cap as well. I've played PokeMMO for about 2 years now and to me there's nothing more frustrating than when i found out about the level cap system, the reason why i got frustrated with it is because I was really shocked when i found out i could not have a Hydragon for the Elite four of unova. I had bought my deino from the GTL with the hopes of passing unova with a deino on my team soon to be Hydragon but then i found out the Elite fours level cap after you beat all the gym leaders was 62 which made me really sad

because i couldn't fight them with a fully evolved Hydragon because he evolves at level 64. The issue i had with the gym leaders as well was when i created a new account i could not talk to my friends with out passing the first gym, Like what? I'm not allowed to speak to friends until i beat some dude who's about 2 city's away? My intention is not to hate on the game and neither hate on the Mods or the staff of the game. I know i sound like i'm ranting but i have multiple friends who play this and multiple people in the game who complained about this issue as well. All i want to do is get the word out there and help the game if possible. If you agree or disagree with me please tell me your opinions in the comments I'd love to have feed back and understand more. ^^

1 answer to this question

I definitely agree with you. I'm a new member, brought in by a friend who plays this game, and he plays the game so much differently that he didn't even know about the level cap until I noticed that I couldn't level my Pokémon over a specific level and told him. I've seen mods explain why the decision had been made elsewhere, though unfortunately that hasn't done much to alleviate my unbearable frustration from hitting the cap. I wasn't even planning on playing competitively, and I'm sure there's better ways to accrue large amounts of money than experiencing singleplayer content with one big boy who soloes all of the base game content, but I can't substantiate that claim with more than just a feeling. Perhaps someone can step in and correct that point.

I'd love to learn if this cap will get addressed, but basically I'm unable to have fun with the game if the focus on competitive gameplay is so strong that there has to be a level cap to prepare users for it.