Ladder rewards

DrButler

Question

So shiny prizes wont get buffed any time soon, but i hope we all agree that something has to be done for us comp people nonetheless. Since we cant have juicy shinies, how about ladder rewards instead?

6c8b44b6e3c6e85ba53ebd1845b7c999.png

When you open the "help" window in the pvp tab it says there should be ladder rewards and if im not mistaken it was a topic long time ago, yet nothing happened. Laddering (OU) right now is just farming bp with a whatever winrate, while UU and NU matchmaking are basically dead. How about we finally get the ladder rewards you intended to implement, so people join UU and NU matchmaking as well?

Maybe give us some shitty ladder exclusive vanity, some cash, some rp, whatever, but please give people a reason to join that stupid queue, so all these hours of grinding gyms and (nerfed) npcs pay off. Being a comp player that doesnt play OU is frustrating af at the moment, srsly.

Edited by DrButler

4 answers to this question

A hard reset of the leaderboard every month or every few months could be implemented to create a "seasons" game mode, which the prizes could then be based off of. I feel like the devs could be really creative with this kind of thing and, if done properly, it would work quite well to increase the incentive and activity of all 3 leaderboards I think.

Edited by Zymogen