Forum Images Problem?

Now I've got to find the time to update all of my custom GUI theme posts, as well as remake 15+ images that don't seem to be properly linked to anymore..

Might I ask why this change was made? It's not like anyone couldn't upload anything to imgur.

5 hours ago, Michelle said:

Now I've got to find the time to update all of my custom GUI theme posts, as well as remake 15+ images that don't seem to be properly linked to anymore..

Might I ask why this change was made? It's not like anyone couldn't upload anything to imgur.

if you link a image in the forums, behind the scenes you are asking the hosting site for that image from your ip address. someone was using this to self host images and get ip address of people on the forums by only showing them to certain people. a white list is the only way around this.

6 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

if you link a image in the forums, behind the scenes you are asking the hosting site for that image from your ip address. someone was using this to self host images and get ip address of people on the forums by only showing them to certain people. a white list is the only way around this.

If that's the case, I'd like to suggest adding a few more image hosting sites to the whitelist, if not all of the well known ones. Seems like I'm being punished for loopholes exploited by someone/loopholes left open by the forum hosts.

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

If that's the case, I'd like to suggest adding a few more image hosting sites to the whitelist, if not all of the well known ones. Seems like I'm being punished for loopholes exploited by someone/loopholes left open by the forum hosts.

Trust me, you'd feel and be way more "punished" if that security breach got to you and your account. I have no idea if or where this is going to be fully fixed, but that measure was completely necessary.

2 minutes ago, Edniss said:

Trust me, you'd feel and be way more "punished" if that security breach got to you and your account. I have no idea if or where this is going to be fully fixed, but that measure was completely necessary.

Not sure what the quotes are for when my point is totally fair. If hypothetically I were to have clicked a link that lead to such things, that would be in-part my fault. In this case, none of these circumstances are my fault but I will seemingly have to put hours into rectifying it. If Tinypic could be added into the whitelist, most of my images are hosted there, and I would greatly appreciate it.