An epic event idea

So, I want to get some feedback on an idea that just popped into my head tonight. This isn’t concrete and I may decide in the morning that I don’t want to do it. But anyways, the idea:

1. Have Staff hold my labcoat.

2. Propose a lottery of X tickets (was thinking maybe 500, so each ticket would be worth roughly 4m each, assuming labcoat is ~2bil) where the winner gets the labcoat.

3. The primary way to obtain a ticket would be to place in an event hosted by me. These events would range across all pvp tiers, pve, and things like art/video/music contests. Going off of 500 tickets, I would think that each event would give 10 tickets as a total prize (5 to 1st, 3 to 2nd, and 1 each to 3rd and 4th), so ~40m in prizes per event, and a total of 50 events over several months or something.

4. You can trade these “tickets” to anyone.

That’s essentially the gist of it. Obviously I’d have to come up with a set schedule, would need people to help me host (maybe give a ticket to people every 5 times they help me host or something?).

But, yeah. Thoughts? Am I crazy? Would this even be hype? Curious what you guys think.

inb4 morning me thinks I’m an idiot.

14 minutes ago, awkways said:

Horrible idea, i'm all for it.

But yeah a way to pay for tickets without having to buy them 2nd hand from a comp player who can set whatever price they want would be kinda nice

Or just get good and play comp.

43 minutes ago, awkways said:

Horrible idea, i'm all for it.

But yeah a way to pay for tickets without having to buy them 2nd hand from a comp player who can set whatever price they want would be kinda nice

Nah, that would completely defeat the purpose of events to win them lol

Good idea overall tbh, could kinda work like a seasonnal with the Desu labcoat as final prize I guess.

Comp players will finally get something valuable while vanities traders are crying in a corner. 

14 minutes ago, Aerun said:

Nah, that would completely defeat the purpose of events to win them lol

Good idea overall tbh, could kinda work like a seasonnal with the Desu labcoat as final prize I guess.

Comp players will finally get something valuable while vanities traders are crying in a corner. 

Suppose there's always the PvE, other contests, and rule #4 for those of us who don't give 2 shits about PvP, but at the end of the day the player with the most wealth would have the best chance to win because:

1 hour ago, Gilan said:

4. You can trade these “tickets” to anyone. 

Just think that if you're gonna have this^ rule be in effect, why not just make them purchasable from the jump, instead of waiting for contest winners to sell their tiny fraction of a chance to win a Labcoat. At the end of the day, the same people are gonna wind up with the tickets that get sold, and with something like 500 tickets I'm sure it will be a large portion. Either make them all untradable, so only the winners can enter the drawing, or sell a certain section of the tickets directly so there's some kind of moderation with pricing. It would also help him control the ratio of those who "earned" their tickets to who just bought it.

Food for thought, though I have known Gillan to be kinda back and forth about selling his Desu so we'll have to see how this turns out ^^

11 hours ago, awkways said:

Food for thought, though I have known Gillan to be kinda back and forth about selling his Desu so we'll have to see how this turns out ^^

;) When it comes to my labcoat I get super wishy washy. Not gonna lie, woke up this morning thinking that I was an idiot last night. Then throughout the day I’ve been thinking about it more lol.

I don’t think I have the commitment level to do 50 events over several months; if I did, I would rejoin staff. So then, naturally I would cut down the number of events to like 10 or something. But then that doesn’t feel grand enough...

Also, I wouldn’t want 1 or 2 people to just outright buy all the tickets, but I don’t want to make the tickets untradeable, because then people would play in the events with 0 reward in the interim (and then there’s the chance that someone could win all the events and then lose out to someone who won 3rd place once and as a result get nothing for their feats).

So yeah I’m conflicted. I think the idea may be just too flawed for me to pull the trigger.

The ability to sell a ticket would be lit. Let's bridge that gap between comp and collectors once again. 

EDIT: You could even tax a player who decides to "sell" their ticket for a minimum of say 1M which goes straight into your pocket. 

Edited by DoubleJ