[Op Ed] DoubleJ on the Economy (Again)

12 hours ago, ImFunk said:

I make 600k per day by doing 1 gym run and farming berries on 1 account while afking for 10 hours, how much easier can they make it? 

How long does it take to do that gym run and farming berries? Why do comp players need to do gym runs and farm berries to play PvP?

Realistically, comp players - the old ones I know at least - make their money by acquiring limited vanities on their release in order to resell them later at an inflated value or by farming bp items in order to sell those on the GTL.

When it comes to the BP market, I find it very concerning that consumables have a much higher price/bp ratio than any non-consumable items. It pretty much implies that the demand for consumables is very high compared to what the comp players are capable to offer. If the comp players are unable to meet the demand of the market and yet they are the best at acquiring battle points, how could any newcomer stand a chance at farming bp himself/herself in order to get key pvp consumables like focus sash/mental herb for pvp?

The amount of efforts required for new pvp players is just way too high imo, not to mention that most pvp consumables are not even obtainable with battle points. Berries, Gems, tutor items, pp max, tms, all those items can only be obtained through TBM PVE or can only be bought with PVE currency, Pokeyen. 

Imo, the ideal solution would be for BP and Pokeyen to be equivalent. Just 2 kind of currencies with a fair dymanic exchange rate. If I want to buy some Mushrooms on the GTL, why can't I buy them with BP? If I want to sell some Nuggets to an NPC, why do I automatically get Pokeyens, and not BP? If I want my Pokemon to learn a special move, why is it only possible to do so with Battle Points? Is there a good reason why some stuff can only be bought with Pokeyens and others only with Battle Points? Is there a reason why players can exchange Pokeyens, but can't exchange Battle Points?

I would love if every item and every pokemon could be bought with either Pokeyen or Battle Points. Right now, comp players are pretty much stuck having to sell BP items on the GTL in order to get pokeyens to buy PVP consumables, breeding braces, etc. It's an unecessary step and it's very bad for the economy; having one PokeMMO currency with priviledges that the other doesn't and vice versa.

Grinding doesn't have to be easy, but it should be simple imo.

Edited by gbwead
22 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Why do comp players need to do gym runs and farm berries to play PvP?

These are the best ways to farm yen currently. Comp players can't complain about not making enough if they aren't at least trying to use the best methods.

Whether or not these should be the best methods is a different argument. Comp players should be able to make just as much yen as casual players without having to grind PvE all day, and unfortunately that isn't the case right now. Your BP idea is a good start to reducing the gap between casual & competitive players but I don't know if that would be enough. Considering how much we invest into our teams, we should be rewarded accordingly.

I want to clarify that what I'm arguing against is making competitive Pokémon themselves easier to obtain. The argument that you can only make one competitive Pokémon per day is pretty flawed imo. This is not Showdown, competitive Pokémon are something that should be valuable, and if a new player could pump out a full team in 2 days it would hurt an already struggling market. One per day is more than fair. 

Putting more money in the game won't make things that much more expensive, everything that is acquiered by " farming " will stay the same or be less expensive because it costs either a set value of pokeyen ( production cost + margin acceptable for the people to buy it ) or the price depends on the market state and if you put more items in it then the items will cost less. However it will reduce the gap between the oldest players who does not need to farm anymore and the ones who just started the game and WANT to farm but believe that the current reward for their farming isn't worth their time. Also, even if stuff costs less than right now, people will still earn more money by farming them if an update make them easier an quicker to farm.

New players should not be able to have anything they want right away, but they should be able to farm and feel that it's meaningful.

Edited by Zokuru
5 hours ago, gbwead said:

How long does it take to do that gym run and farming berries? Why do comp players need to do gym runs and farm berries to play PvP?

Well, PvP vs the AI its still a point, or otherwise, if PvP money was an efficient way of farming resources, thousands of people would start just using cancer teams at matchmaker and proofit.

Also, if i remember, legendary IVs system ll be kinda of an "Crafting" which ll need several runs of a Dungeon or Lucky. Thats probably gonna influence too.

I can do gyms with 30 minutes, but E4 just doesnt give enough proofit anymore, not worthy the time we spent. Not surprised people farm berries or just buy a vanitie and wait 2 years to sell it LOL

We need Bid system for trying stop overpriced stuff. PLEASE GIVE US

Edited by Risadex
32 minutes ago, Zokuru said:

Putting more money in the game won't make things that much more expensive, everything that is acquiered by " farming " will stay the same or be less expensive because it costs either a set value of pokeyen ( production cost + margin acceptable for the people to buy it ) or the price depends on the market state and if you put more items in it then the items will cost less. However it will reduce the gap between the oldest players who does not need to farm anymore and the ones who just started the game and WANT to farm but believe that the current reward for their farming isn't worth their time. Also, even if stuff costs less than right now, people will still earn more money by farming them if an update make them easier an quicker to farm.

New players should not be able to have anything they want right away, but they should be able to farm and feel that it's meaningful.

As far as I know, putting more money in the game has always increased the prices of pretty much everything in pokemmo. Back in the days you bought a perfect comp for 500k. Now it's mostly between 800k and 1 million 300k.

For the newest players, the best thing to do is dropping the breeding items prices imo. It has already been done, but I guess that wasn't enough. 

I also support GB's post, I don't understand why PvP people HAS TO do PvE in order to be competitive. If we take the example of WoW, that's a mistake they did and they're changing their point of view. Now PvP players are able to be competitive w/o doing PvE. And it's the case in most MMO nowadays except korean's.

27 minutes ago, Risadex said:

Well, PvP vs the AI its still a point, or otherwise, if PvP money was an efficient way of farming resources, thousands of people would start just using cancer teams at matchmaker and proofit.

Also, if i remember, legendary IVs system ll be kinda of an "Crafting" which ll need several runs of a Dungeon or Lucky. Thats probably gonna influence too.

I can do gyms with 30 minutes, but E4 just doesnt give enough proofit anymore, not worthy the time we spent. Not surprised people farm berries or just buy a vanitie and wait 2 years to sell it LOL

We need Bid system for trying stop overpriced stuff. PLEASE GIVE US

Well ImFuck said he was doing Gyms + Berries for 600k per day. Unless Berries represent a large part of that 600k, I doubt 30 mins of gymleaders is enough.

1 hour ago, PapaGarbodor said:

Should take more since there are 22 regular gyms + 3 minigyms and they should take at least 3 min each considering unova's gyms have puzzles and you have to take time healing your mons at PC

Actually not if doing it efficiently.

Most people struggle cause they have generical mons for stuff aka typlhosion, gengar, starmie, dragonite, etc

bringng a 6-100ish team which cover a whole region generally makes you avoid PC unless recharge PPs, save exceptions of some mons using focus sash, but thats the average. Generally I spent more time running to the gym or puzzles than the battle itself

On 3/8/2019 at 8:13 PM, DarkTieru said:

I ask: why do not freeze prices? , place something that prohibits placing a less than certain price item, example : in the gtl you can not place an everstone less than 15K and more 20K.I got to see everstone or 10m (unnecessary).

Edited by DarkTieru
8 hours ago, Dazuzi said:

La oferta y la demanda deben dictar los precios, no las restricciones artificiales de terceros.

The situation today is a clear example that supply and demand are getting out of control, everything is being devalued. already the effort of the player is not worth anything in farming 1 hour things that end up being worth 6K and get 2 or 3 of those items.Why? because lowered the rate of appearance of objects and the money given by the NPC. I don’t think it’s good for new players or for those who don’t pay and have little time to devote to the game, already there is more and more demand and supply of Vanity’s exclusive and that will bring as consequence the devaluation. the game is not difficult, but frustrating. I invite you to investigate the case of a MMO called TROVE, started as well as this game , to difficulty the pharmaceutical and to give abysmal privileges to those who pay, making you have to take a full day to get SOMETHING, very little, nowadays not even the parrot.He ended up by dying...We’re still halfway there and there’s time to fix it if you want.

Edited by DarkTieru
8 hours ago, DarkTieru said:

upply and demand are getting out of control

They can never get out of control as one is tied to the other.

8 hours ago, DarkTieru said:

TROVE,

Out of curiosity, I took the time to search and read a bit about the game. Sadly that wasn't what killed the game really, but the micro transactions, and the power creep between classes and gems. You cant compare.

The thing you need to understand, is that inflaction is what is devaluing the common item market, while making limited stuff go for ridiculous value, to the point where people offer beyond 2 billion for a desu labcoat colorable for example.

1 hour ago, razimove said:

Nunca pueden salirse de control ya que uno está atado al otro.

Por curiosidad, me tomé el tiempo para buscar y leer un poco sobre el juego. Lamentablemente, eso no fue lo que mató al juego en realidad, sino las micro transacciones y el poder entre las clases y las gemas. No se puede comparar.

Lo que hay que entender, es que la inflación es lo que está devaluando el mercado de artículos comunes, mientras que las cosas limitadas tienen un valor ridículo, hasta el punto en el que las personas ofrecen más de 2 mil millones para un colorante desco labcoat, por ejemplo.

I have more than 1K of hours played in Trove and what killed him was also the great amount of hours that had to be devoted to him to farm and farm. You got things a lot faster before.,If you put on a lot of farm,the people get frustrated and leave.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2019 at 1:31 PM, Kyu said:

impossible for them to assign anything other than 4x25,2x31 atm iirc, so that's really our fault.

iirc they can make it 4xA and 2xB with A and B being any two integers. The reason why they dont make better shiny prizes is because the staff that organizes the events is not the same as the staff who made the rulings on prizes and thus they have no saying on the matter. If you could just tap into the prize department and thell them "hey, maybe in the meantime consider making prizes 4x28 3x31" It's not a huge change but it'd mean a lot the comp community <3

Edited by FNTCZ