[Op Ed] DoubleJ on the Economy (Again)

52 minutes ago, Impulse5095 said:

Why not just make the timer for berries longer? Instead of 42,67 or whatever make it 90,100 or something. And drop the cash by a little bit.

Longer times dont accomplish that much, helps making the inflsction to escalate slower, but it will still exist. Berries just need to be nerfed to the ground. They nerfed alt runs, because me and others made 1.2m, every 6 hours, now this method is way larger, doesnt require gtl or any transaction, its quite close to the definition of passive income and destroys the game is left without any sort of control.

38 minutes ago, razimove said:

Longer times dont accomplish that much, helps making the inflsction to escalate slower, but it will still exist. Berries just need to be nerfed to the ground. They nerfed alt runs, because me and others made 1.2m, every 6 hours, now this method is way larger, doesnt require gtl or any transaction, its quite close to the definition of passive income and destroys the game is left without any sort of control.

Yeah I thought about that as well after I posted. 

HI! I felt I should give my opinion fot this wonderful game, who is going through a difficult time, concerning to PAY TO FAST, no pay to win, is pay to fast Buying vanity's to make money (pokedollars) more easily and in less time than a player who does not pay, the solution I see is to go back to the farming before Teselia(Unova),(money given by npc and item appearance ratio)many players will invest the same amount of hours even more in the game and by taste for a real fun,It was not frustrating farming,e there the difference, the staff loses nothing that way, the vanitys trade existed efficiently before,all this collapsed, the old school we knew and re well, for example a Vanity that at that time was worth 500k (before Teselia) was more and better accessible for nobate and advanced players, as there was more demand for being cheaper, would generate more purchases with real cash (staff pockets) than by the same Vanity (today) that is worth how 2m and it gets stuck and sometimes months in the GTL, I don’t see the point of going on putting infinity of Vanity’s and locking.the farm of people who like me or like many people who read this can’t pay real money and put hours and hours for Win MISERIES, everyone would have access to virtually any item from the gift shop. Sometimes i'm thinkingthat the staff forgets that the players have life apart from the game, some work, others study, among other activities, can not spend 24/7 in front of a PC and that becomes a Repellent for any player. I also think that they are locked in an ideological bubble where it only matters what the staff thinks and I hope to be wrong, from my heart I say it. Ty! SORRY if it sounded as aggression, The intention was not this, It just makes me sick that a game as big as this fence is going down the wrong road There’s still time to avoid the bad.

Edited by DarkTieru
2 hours ago, DarkTieru said:

a Vanity that at that time was worth 500k (before Teselia) was more and better accessible

There is no set price for selling RP items so it comes down to supply & demand. With all the new players that have joined over the past year, combined with having 3 limited vanities in a 6 month period, RP was bound to increase in price. I don't think this is something they would want to change either as it obviously makes selling RP more appealing resulting in more money for them. 

On 3/5/2019 at 9:42 AM, Dazuzi said:

You're confusing pay2win with pay2play in this case.

You can spend money as a shortcut to in-game currency, but that's optional, so it doesn't make the game pay2play in any way whatsoever. I think the problem is how unrewarding grinding in this game is, thus people resort to berry farming on multiple accounts, inflating yen for everyone in the process.

I think it's incredibly hilarious that the person with Dwight as their profile picture is being insanely pedantic about the technicalities of what is and considered P2P in these type of situations. Of course that buying a Mewtwo directly in one of your previous examples for $10 would be an example of pay to win, but people are referring to the technicality that it is much more time efficient if you just go work for an hour or two, pour that money into the game and go ahead and buy some comps that help you to win and keep up with competitive play, while meanwhile the players who refuse to pour money into the game to buy vanitys/general donation items and resell them for yen are pretty disadvantaged, considering that their time to yen ratio is much lower if you spend it doing the ingame means of grinding yen.

3 hours ago, Raichu4u said:

I think it's incredibly hilarious that the person with Dwight as their profile picture is being insanely pedantic about the technicalities of what is and considered P2P in these type of situations.

Why would it be pedantic? I find it quite necessary, especially looking at the amount of confusion and misinformation regarding the terms P2P and P2W in this community.

3 hours ago, Raichu4u said:

but people are referring to the technicality that it is much more time efficient if you just go work for an hour or two, pour that money into the game and go ahead and buy some comps that help you to win and keep up with competitive play, while meanwhile the players who refuse to pour money into the game to buy vanitys/general donation items and resell them for yen are pretty disadvantaged, considering that their time to yen ratio is much lower if you spend it doing the ingame means of grinding yen.

I never advocated that this is not a problem. In fact, I mentioned on multiple occasions that this design is unhealthy for the game - the option to buy in-game currency for real money in an MMO is fundamentally flawed and I believe it's another subject on its own that should be discussed, because even if you fix the inflation (by buffing money sinks, introducing new money sinks, nerfing NPC berry values) and make grinding viable again, it will still be possible for someone to throw money at the gift shop instead of playing the game and having to earn something.

Guys, let's all AFK in play THE SMOOTH AND INVIGORATING TASTE OF MONSTER ENERGY DRINK®. It has the almighty Magikarp Hat, meaning that it doesn't matter how good or bad the competition is so long as we get to wear it. Helps with Android server lag and currency inflation and if we don't like the game, we can convince the devs over there to delete their entire game and just leave us with a picture of their Magikarp Hat when we launch the game ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) totally appropriate and best answer EZ keks dee

Edited by Guest
PokerJuan
On 3/7/2019 at 6:37 PM, razimove said:

To add to this, you can do multiples at a time to negate this timer, via lets say, tablet, android phone and pc, and before the goon squad jumps, no it's not to hard to button smash 2 buttons in each device once at a time and be efficient (Which is what a lot of active berry farmers do).

People today have no life, planting, watering and farming berries day and night. 

I would to start asking what was the purpose for nerfing all ways of getting money to the ground? does this affect in a positive or negative way in our economy?

Right now i tried as far all the methods of getting money/ pokeyen.

pick up is no longer a thing 
Item crafting since berry nerf you can't get pretty much profit from it.

Gym run has way longer cooldowns for the amount of money we earn which is between 230-280k every 18 hrs.
NPC run not sure about this one i heard EXP was nerfed and idk about the money if someone could tell me on this method i would thank you.
Thief+frisk on garbodor which is more like the pick up method gaining about 100 in an hour if you are lucky/unlucky.

Please don't come telling me about chansey's holding lucky egg knowing the capture ratios on the safary are low and also were nerfed a long time ago + the chance of chansey having this item it is low too.

Is there any viable methods of farming in this game?

I would like to treat this as a most serious problem i know by doing this you make your player base stay more time ingame logged because they want to get money for breeding etc.
but it just doesn't seem so fair to us spending about 4 hours or 6 even more if just to breed one comp.

Maybe players and admins could come with ideas to solve this.

PokeMMO needs an Economy Council imo. We need an integration of the GTL market with NPC items prices and catch rates. Someone or some people need to ensure  the market always coincides with devs economy objectives. For instance, if the demand for a specific item is very high, it's probably best to increase the NPC pricing or lower the catch rate of that item, so that items with similar price or catch rate are not affected. If devs want pvp duels to last less time, it's probably best to lower the prices of items commonly used in offense teams (gems, sash, berries, mental herbs, etc.) and lowering the prices of atk/spatk/speed vitamins while increasing the prices of hp/def/spdef vitamins. Right now, a lot of  the NPC prices and catch rates seem just arbitrary and do not reflect at all the 2019 PokeMMO market.

Edited by gbwead
2 hours ago, gbwead said:

PokeMMO needs an Economy Council imo. We need an integration of the GTL market with NPC items prices and catch rates. Someone or some people need to ensure  the market always coincides with devs economy objectives. For instance, if the demand for a specific item is very high, it's probably best to increase the NPC pricing or lower the catch rate of that item, so that items with similar price or catch rate are not affected. If devs want pvp duels to last less time, it's probably best to lower the prices of items commonly used in offense teams (gems, sash, berries, mental herbs, etc.) and lowering the prices of atk/spatk/speed vitamins while increasing the prices of hp/def/spdef vitamins. Right now, a lot of  the NPC prices and catch rates seem just arbitrary and do not reflect at all the 2019 PokeMMO market.

Game needs a little buff on the money you can get by farming npc's and/or a lower cooldown on gyms this would solve the problem with the income the player gets and allow him to buy or breed with a little much ease. catching rates are low right now so breeders are expensive braces with bp or pokeyen aren't that cheap with this income we get right now from the game.

Those buffs should be able to keep our economy going at is best.

It's pretty hard for newcomers to get into the comp scene without the help of friends / a PvP team, which involve knowing people or show an insane skill to have a PvP team loaning you some comps. So I'd like to see ways to farm more easily. There will always be people who can buy anything in the game anyway, so the main focus should be to lower the market prices / upgrade the ways to earn money.

•  
2 hours ago, ImFunk said:

This is the opposite of what we need. The more money that's being generated, the worse the economy gets. 

Ok, so the thing right now is lower every possible way of getting money to the ground in order to stabilized economy?

I don't get this at all, we have new players struggling to breed or obtain money to play as competitive players farming npc's or in another way doesn't let you make even 1 good breeder.
Spending an entire day farming is not an option this should be addressed by the admins as a fucking red code or idk.

This economy sucks for many people except for players with lots of free time.

Waste about an entire day farming in order to breed a comp is just sad. (Ofc we con go on our alts and do gyms over and over again but it takes time to finish gyms and doing it over and over again will get boring a rutine making the players not wanting to play anymore.)

3 minutes ago, Takens said:

so the thing right now is lower every possible way of getting money to the ground in order to stabilized economy?

I make 600k per day by doing 1 gym run and farming berries on 1 account while afking for 10 hours, how much easier can they make it? 

Just now, Takens said:

how much does a competitive player do with 600k?

My breeds cost me around 300k depending on egg group but that number was with little effort. If I spent less time afking and more time playing the game, I could triple that amount.  

59 minutes ago, ImFunk said:

My breeds cost me around 300k depending on egg group but that number was with little effort. If I spent less time afking and more time playing the game, I could triple that amount.  

This is the thing as i said this economy benifits more active players, players with more free time. A  lot of OG or old school players don't have that anymore sadly.

1 minute ago, Takens said:

This is the thing as i said this economy benifits more active players, players with more free time. A  lot of OG or old school players don't have that anymore sadly.

I understand that but this is something I disagree with. I have always felt an MMO should reward the people who work the hardest. A new player, or old player with little time, should not have everything they want handed to them. 

A common complaint I've seen is how difficult it is for newer players to get into the comp scene. Is this really a bad thing? Do we want new players being able to finish story and jump into competitive play in a week? They need to spend the time & effort transitioning into the post game like we all did. 

1 hour ago, ImFunk said:

I understand that but this is something I disagree with. I have always felt an MMO should reward the people who work the hardest. A new player, or old player with little time, should not have everything they want handed to them. 

A common complaint I've seen is how difficult it is for newer players to get into the comp scene. Is this really a bad thing? Do we want new players being able to finish story and jump into competitive play in a week? They need to spend the time & effort transitioning into the post game like we all did. 

I got your point is a good one, but we just don't have much time left we all work,college i mean is just life we can't dedicate that much time we could in the past since we are no longer kids.

Edited by Takens