Remove levelcap for Donators

k4far

Question

I have completed Unova fairly quickly because I have never played Pokemon Black/White so it was more engaging. Here I am (10th+ time) clearing Kanto and I am not making much progress because I am not interested in changing the team every single town. Let me clear any region with any of my teams I already have or I am going to end up just running Safari once a week and waiting for a new region to be released. If you do not want to remove levelcap completely remove it for "old" regions so when you add a new region to the game it would still have this restriction.

13 answers to this question

Ok, then by that token all NPC levels should scale accordingly. If you want the level cap removed because it's a "hassle" then the levels of NPCs should scale to reflect your current team. You don't get a free lunch because you donated money. There has to be a balancing act for everything. In this case, making the NPC levels scale accordingly makes it less likely, although it will still happen, that someone will create an alt account, donate for this purpose, and then transfer an OP team over to steamroll the game.

Yeah no, just because you suck and lazy doesn't mean people need to remove what you deem inconvenient. You may find it as a fast-skip option but it would be boring. Now i know what u'd say to this "but its optional to buy it, you dont have to" But you're leaving out the part where this particular purchase, gives you a head start above everyone who's starting from 0 and by doing so, you are creating an unbalanced feature where people need to progress based on their effort and teambuilding, where you on the other hand steamroll your way through any region your eyes closed completely bypassing everything the devs want you to do, that is to experience the game they've put infront of you and to enjoy every aspect of it, just like playing any pokemon game from 0.

32 minutes ago, Malorne said:

Yeah no, just because you suck and lazy doesn't mean people need to remove what you deem inconvenient. You may find it as a fast-skip option but it would be boring. Now i know what u'd say to this "but its optional to buy it, you dont have to" But you're leaving out the part where this particular purchase, gives you a head start above everyone who's starting from 0 and by doing so, you are creating an unbalanced feature where people need to progress based on their effort and teambuilding, where you on the other hand steamroll your way through any region your eyes closed completely bypassing everything the devs want you to do, that is to experience the game they've put infront of you and to enjoy every aspect of it, just like playing any pokemon game from 0.

Just because you watch too much anime does not mean you can throw insults around. The difficulty is mediocre, it's just tedious (changing your Team every single town by buying new Pokemon due to the level cap). Someone has made a brilliant suggestion about scaling the levels in the region (sign me +).

8 hours ago, k4far said:

Just because you watch too much anime does not mean you can throw insults around. The difficulty is mediocre, it's just tedious (changing your Team every single town by buying new Pokemon due to the level cap). Someone has made a brilliant suggestion about scaling the levels in the region (sign me +).

That's the point of an MMO. There is supposed to be some level of tedious grinding to make the payoff worth it in the end. Perhaps rewards could be looked at to see if they are worth the grind or not, but removing the level cap for donors is not a good idea. If it did become a thing I can guarantee NPC levels would scale accordingly to keep the difficulty. You aren't getting a free lunch for donating.

1 hour ago, XelaKebert said:

That's the point of an MMO. There is supposed to be some level of tedious grinding to make the payoff worth it in the end. Perhaps rewards could be looked at to see if they are worth the grind or not, but removing the level cap for donors is not a good idea. If it did become a thing I can guarantee NPC levels would scale accordingly to keep the difficulty. You aren't getting a free lunch for donating.

I'd agree that MMOs need grind, but being tedious is something mmos try and avoid. Just because something's repetitive doesn't mean it necessarily has to be tedious.

Edited by KaynineXL
16 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

I'd agree that MMOs need grind, but being tedious is something mmos try and avoid. Just because something's repetitive doesn't mean it necessarily has to be tedious.

I agree with that, but that's where looking at end rewards comes into play. A tedious grind is only worth it if the end justifies the means.

On 3/7/2019 at 3:55 PM, k4far said:

Right, what you fail to realize is that a good 90% of the playerbase has overcome this "obstacle" and now on their way to the end-game, making the issue you pointed out to be an issue "for you" not really something that requires a game changing mechanic needs to be put down.