Para rate is fair?

Does anybody else feel like the para chances are off lately? Every single time i watch a match things fully para 3/4 when inflicted with paralyze status.

This isnt me ranting. Just watching some matches lately and it just doesnt feel right at the moment.

cheers

Edited by DrButler

As far as I am aware it isn't bugged, and I can't think of anything that would magically make it bugged.

This is just likely a case of people not realising how common it actually is for something to happen for a period of time much more commonly than it actually does combined with observational bias, everyone can remember stories of people catching 2 shinies in less than one hour of each other, no one remembers the person taking 1 year to find their second shiny because it's just not as memorable nor is it something we talk about since it's the expected sorta result.

If it is consistently always super super odd in terms of rate under certain circumstances though, feel free to make a bug report and we will investigate it. but with such things it's difficult to test without having IMMENSE sample sizes to get data from, more than you will see in any match I'll say.

I like to entertain these threads when they pop up so I went and did 100 attacks while paralyzed, of which 70 were successful and 30 left the pokemon doing nothing from paralysis.  Seems pretty close to what would be expected.

12 hours ago, DrButler said:

alright, first test went 12x moves, 6x parad. i would say thats enough of a samplesize to have para investigated, ty.

12 Turns enough of a sample size

11 hours ago, Munya said:

I like to entertain these threads when they pop up so I went and did 100 attacks while paralyzed, of which 70 were successful and 30 left the pokemon doing nothing from paralysis.  Seems pretty close to what would be expected.

100 Turns not enough of a sample size

11 hours ago, DrButler said:

too small of a samplesize, we need more.

???????

• Munya locked this topic