Recoil Damage With Critical, need help :D

50 minutes ago, LagHostA said:

yes, but the recoil critical?

I just think that the critical hit message has the lowest priority and was displayed last. Recoil damage doesn't "critical" in the way that I think you are referring to. Recoil damage is simply calculated as a percentage of the damage dealt by the move; so if your move critical hits the opponent and you deal more damage as a result, you'll take more damage than if you had just hit the opponent normally.

8 minutes ago, LagHostA said:

so why does not it appear before the recoil damage? That's what makes me confused.

Like Gilan said, it has lower priority. It's a minor bug but I guess it might be worth posting this screenshot along with explanation in the Bug Report section to prevent others getting confused as well

Indeed, recoil damage itself on its own cannot crit, however as recoil damage is based on how many points of HP you dealt in damage a critical hit will result in more recoil off of the initial attack.

In this case because the two pieces of information in the battle log are attempting to be posted at the same time (as both Critical Hits and You took Recoil Damage are both coming from the same trigger it caused them to be wrongly-ordered, leading to a confusing battle log just).

As the question has been answered I will be locking this thread. c:

• Matoka locked this topic