Competitive Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu

1. Is the Volt Tackle worth it?
I currently have a Pichu without it and with Timid nature and not bad IVs.

2. What are the best moves?

My guess:

- Electro Ball/Thunder

- Focus Blast

- Dig

- Thief

3. What are your own experiences which of 3 evolutions (what is better for my nature and your nature of choice)?

Your guess is very far from reality sadly.

sadly that pokemon line isn't the most viable currently but, pikachu

Fake out/Volt tackle/+2, the +2 can be espeed, surf, hidden power, wtv.

Raichu, same as pikachu, you trade damage for defenses pretty much. There's also defensive raichus, but they're extremely niche and they were mostly used in gen3 NU.

Pichu isn't really viable even in LC meta.

1 hour ago, razimove said:

Your guess is very far from reality sadly.

sadly that pokemon line isn't the most viable currently but, pikachu

Fake out/Volt tackle/+2, the +2 can be espeed, surf, hidden power, wtv.

Raichu, same as pikachu, you trade damage for defenses pretty much. There's also defensive raichus, but they're extremely niche and they were mostly used in gen3 NU.

Pichu isn't really viable even in LC meta.

Shucks I will try to get that Volt Tackle Pichu then. What is the purpose of Fake Out it's a pretty weak move damage wise. Hidden Power is also trash unless this has clear purpose I am unaware. Do I have good nature at least?

I will be going for Fake Out/Volt Tackle rest of moves I am not certain yet. Thanks for replying.

6 hours ago, k4far said:

1. Is the Volt Tackle worth it?
I currently have a Pichu without it and with Timid nature and not bad IVs.

2. What are the best moves?

My guess:

- Electro Ball/Thunder

- Focus Blast

- Dig

- Thief

3. What are your own experiences which of 3 evolutions (what is better for my nature and your nature of choice)?

Pikachu and Raichu are both good for Nu. Pichu idk, i dont play Lc. Best Natures for pikachus are Jolly/Adamant with Fake out, Extreme Speed, Volt Tackle, Brick Break, also mixed nature is good, you have 2 options: 1) +Attack nature - any of defenses with set: Fake out, Extreme Speed, Volt Tackle, Surf/HP Grass. Or +Speed Nature - any of defenses with a variety of sets, i like this one: Thunderbolt, Hp Ice, Substitute, Reversal. You can think a lot of diferents sets besides these ones. About Raichu Nasty plot Timid Nature is good, or can also be like Physical Pikachu.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.