Pokemon Sword/Shield

londark

On 6/14/2019 at 2:46 PM, Munya said:

Good riddance. I personally think it is about time.

So much salt on the internet about it though, hilarious to read as someone entirely in favor of this move.  I hope they don't flop on this decision but if they do, I hope I don't act like the people I have seen complaining about it.

Hide contents

I'll just cry in my room where nobody can see about the 60$ I wasted on it whichever way it ends up going

I'm for it as well, since I understand why they did it if I have it correct.

Evidently the fidelity is much higher, or at least it tries to be, so it makes sense that they have to cut things to fit everything.

There is also supposedly a system, much like in Let's Go, where you can interact with your pokemon. A camp system where you can play with, cook for, etc your pokemon as well as similar to Let's Go with simple interactions. It would require a lot more time and resources to go back and add all of the animations for each of the 800ish pokemon.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Things I'm excited for:
> New region that looks big
> Galar Dex looks pretty amazing NGL

> What armor evolution could be

> British Legendary Pokemon, lore and history

Things I'm not excited for:
> More brand new plotlines and lore that will never be explored or elaborated on
> More abandoned mechanics like mega evolution and z moves

> The fact that it'll probably be the exact same as LGPE but in a new region

> Dynamaxing?? 

> Basculin

I'm building a competitive team for Sword and Shield, was wondering if anyone had anything from these Pokemon:

- Adamant Dragapult (Clear Body)

- Jolly Gyarados (Moxie)

- Calm/Sassy Clefairy (Friend Guard)

- Jolly/Careful/Impish Arcanine (Intimidate)

- Careful Scrafty (Intimidate)

I'm currently breeding Timid Stalwart Duraludons. I could trade those from something in my wishlist. They dont need to be necessarily perfect IVd or even natured as Sword and Shield is awesome in a way that you can change natures and boost IVs with bottle caps. The more you have closer to a perfect comp the less resources is there to be used. :)

Cheers!

On 11/23/2019 at 8:43 AM, Vaeldras said:

dynamax killed my interest in competitive pokemon

Some competitive formats ban the use of Dynamax, if that eases your concerns.

Besides, Dynamax, just like Mega Evolution/Primal Reversion & Z-Moves make the meta much more exciting and very much unpredictable.

On 11/22/2019 at 4:58 AM, OrangeManiac said:

I'm building a competitive team for Sword and Shield, was wondering if anyone had anything from these Pokemon:

- Adamant Dragapult (Clear Body)

- Jolly Gyarados (Moxie)

- Calm/Sassy Clefairy (Friend Guard)

- Jolly/Careful/Impish Arcanine (Intimidate)

- Careful Scrafty (Intimidate)

I'm currently breeding Timid Stalwart Duraludons. I could trade those from something in my wishlist. They dont need to be necessarily perfect IVd or even natured as Sword and Shield is awesome in a way that you can change natures and boost IVs with bottle caps. The more you have closer to a perfect comp the less resources is there to be used. :)

Cheers!

Don't have all the HA's yet, or a process for breeding natures(yet) but I do have a full set of 6x breeders for every egg group, ditto required excluded but working on a decent solution to that if you ever need anything made, bit late responding I know.

8 hours ago, Munya said:

Don't have all the HA's yet, or a process for breeding natures(yet) but I do have a full set of 6x breeders for every egg group, ditto required excluded but working on a decent solution to that if you ever need anything made, bit late responding I know.

I have already bred and raised this team and had got myself to master ball in ranked battles. Appreciate you responding though.

Btw Friend Guard Clefairy doesn't exist in Sword and Shield yet, i crie evrytim.

• 1 year later...

I haven't play Sword/Shield yet, but Im getting the game this year after my exams with the expansion pass. Pokemon Sword is my choice because of the legendary Zacian, the few game exclusives, being Galarian Farfetch'd, Darumaka/Darmanitan and even more.

My team choice will be:

•Inteleon: the water starter. Although, its the most hated and underated starter of this Gen, I believe that it deserves more. Plus, its based on Secret Agents (Pokedex entry number is #7)

•Corviknight: Route 1 bird. Probably one of the best birds. It has a great dual typing of Flying /steel (being the 1st line that is primary flying type, excluding Tornadus and Noivern)

•Orbeetle: Route 1 bug. Bug/psychic is an impressive dual typing 

•Coalossal: Galar's Geodude/Roggenrola.  Rock/Fire ain't a bad dual typing, I mostly want this to deal with Leon's Charizard

Toxtricity: Punk Rock star: Its pretty obvious that Toxtricity has to be one of the best species of this Gen. Electric/Poison is kinda good

Sirfetch'd: Farfetch'd evolution: The moment we all been waiting for...  an evolution for one of the weakest pokemon in the Kanto region. Galarian Farfetch'd is by far one of the best regional forms ever in design. However, Sirfetch'd is better