Why game does not have trainer animations and battle move animations seem custom made?

k4far

16 hours ago, razimove said:

Because nobody really cares about it? And yes they are custom made, guess what, it's a fan-made game, not the original game.

Why not let more people in to work on animations and aesthetic aspects? I actually care about the visuals. Just make a tutorial list missing animations show how to do first one recommend some programs (How are you making these, Blender?) and then whine when someone asks if things are missing xD

8 hours ago, k4far said:

Why not let more people in to work on animations and aesthetic aspects? I

It's a small team they don't want strangers on, my boy @Darkshade is in charge of the animations and art aspects of the game (correct me if wrong) together with Shu. 

With that said, pre gen5, we didn't even have most animations and the game was fine, in my opinion, animations shouldn't even be on the to-do list, maybe on a soon TM list after important things get implemented, i.e. Dungeons.

8 hours ago, razimove said:

It's a small team they don't want strangers on, my boy @Darkshade is in charge of the animations and art aspects of the game (correct me if wrong) together with Shu. 

With that said, pre gen5, we didn't even have most animations and the game was fine, in my opinion, animations shouldn't even be on the to-do list, maybe on a soon TM list after important things get implemented, i.e. Dungeons.

If I am to be honest with you, animations outside of battle are all fine. Battle animations seem raw and unpolished like from some Closed Beta (no hate) just objectively. I was wondering what and how can the PokeMMO Community do about it? I am not certain I would do as a full fledged Developer but in the spare time once it's all neatly explained me myself as well many others would be willing to lend a hand to the Development Team of this project.

13 hours ago, razimove said:

This is open beta btw. And it's a closed project, not open source.

Maybe that's the problem? Open sourcing let's more people to contribute. If you are not for it then remain a private projects but add some ways to contribute the assets things like animations and so on.

2 hours ago, k4far said:

Maybe that's the problem? Open sourcing let's more people to contribute. If you are not for it then remain a private projects but add some ways to contribute the assets things like animations and so on.

Open sourcing, means allowing others to mess with your resources, which is not the ideal for any game. At best they could give you an API to mess with, which most likely wont happen either.

1 hour ago, razimove said:

Open sourcing, means allowing others to mess with your resources, which is not the ideal for any game. At best they could give you an API to mess with, which most likely wont happen either.

You will never amplify the work and amount of content if you continue to work in a little group of people because you are afraid od someone plagiarizing your work or some different reasons. I am uninterested in the code I would like to watch a short video how animations are being made for their project to do something myself to make the game more appealing in that aspect.

Hopefully, someone from the Developers will eventually elaborate on this. It's been rather interesting conversation it might be the Developers have taken the this is ours no strangers stance and nobody from the outside will be allowed to work on any aspect ofthegame ever or maybe in the future they will provide the community with the means to help them.

I am looking forward to whatever it may be.