¿You were already a victim of bullying at PokeMMO?

The truth is that I feel very sad that in this beautiful community of PokeMMO many people suffer from bullying just because they are new, each one of us was new, we did not have anything and because now that we have it "all" we have to humiliate the others? I hope the MODERATORS or ADMINISTRATORS try to lower that high% that our community has right now, I write this because I really feel bad as I feel also feel those new people who register to have fun and play at PokeMMO , I get sadder when my friends stop playing because everyone makes fun of them.     

Gc2CgdR.png

Edited by Cinthel
3 minutes ago, andreuh said:

Thats the nature of trolls as well in chat. 
Trolls make the general feel of playing less enjoyable at times.

I hope this changes as well.

I invite my friends to play this game and now my friends they don’t wanna play anymore :(((

Edited by Cinthel
Just now, Cinthel said:

My friends they don’t wanna play anymore :(((

Thats such a shame. Sometimes you just need to ignore global chat and just find a nice team with genuine people to talk to and work through the game with. Global is a free for all and the moderation is not really good.

14 minutes ago, Malorne said:

sigh, so you expect everyone to hold your hands through the game and uplift you. miss me with such utopic ideals and get better.

I'm not saying that everyone has to treat me well, what I'm trying to say is that they should increase more moderation in PokeMMO

11 minutes ago, suigin said:

People keeping Jolteon and Arcanine from dropping to UU are bullying me in some way.

LMAOOOOOO 

8 minutes ago, Cinthel said:

I'm not saying that everyone has to treat me well, what I'm trying to say is that they should increase more moderation in PokeMMO

There's a fine balance of moderation, such that it never gets oppressive and never ceases to exist. That balance is hard to achieve, and no two moderation teams will moderate in the same way, as balance is very subjective. The reason I say this, is that often times, just throwing more moderation at a problem doesn't solve it, and can actually heighten the issue.

It is also very difficult for staff to determine if something is actually "bullying" or just banter among friends, reading between the lines is very difficult when tone of voice is not available. Therefore, it's almost a necessity that bullying and harassment cases are reported for staff to be able to react and actually moderate the situation.

So, I don't really think it's more moderation that we need, for this topic, but rather improved reporting functions and methods of communication with staff.

Just my viewpoint on the topic of bullying cases.

Spoiler

I like the image you made by the way, very creative :)

4 minutes ago, Gilan said:

There's a fine balance of moderation, such that it never gets oppressive and never ceases to exist. That balance is hard to achieve, and no two moderation teams will moderate in the same way, as balance is very subjective. The reason I say this, is that often times, just throwing more moderation at a problem doesn't solve it, and can actually heighten the issue.

It is also very difficult for staff to determine if something is actually "bullying" or just banter among friends, reading between the lines is very difficult when tone of voice is not available. Therefore, it's almost a necessity that bullying and harassment cases are reported for staff to be able to react and actually moderate the situation.

So, I don't really think it's more moderation that we need, for this topic, but rather improved reporting functions and methods of communication with staff.

Just my viewpoint on the topic of bullying cases.

Reveal hidden contents

I like the image you made by the way, very creative :)

They should place a button where you can report to the user without having to go to another page to make it easier for users, not everyone knows how to go to the forum and report etc ... etc ...

but I really liked your point of view, you have a lot of reason to what you mean.

1 minute ago, Cinthel said:

They should place a button where you can report to the user without having to go to another page to make it easier for users, not everyone knows how to go to the forum and report etc ... etc ...

but I really liked your point of view, you have a lot of reason to what you mean.

An in-game report function exists, albeit not the most obvious. Within the Menu > Support Request. There you can report a player, among other things (such as report a bug). If staff is online they should respond to your request. And that's where my "improved reporting functions and methods of communication with staff" comes in, though how that improvement happens is something I don't have the answer to.

Well, there is always the option to block or disable a specific chat if you don't like the contents of it. It's fairly unreasable to expect the whole community to mold to your expectations. If you don't like it, stay out of it. Just to be clear, this very snowflakey attitude usually ends up making you a target coz u're easily exploitable in the sense of bullying. 

I'm sorry you and your friends are dealing with such thing. We do our very best to keep the community healthy and nice for everyone, what Gilan said is pretty accurate on how I see the situation as well.

That's why everytime you or anyone feel harrassed or bullied in some way, you're always free to report them for us. Like Kizhaz said, our first recommendation is always to block the person. If they keep insisting, the reports can be made in this section in our forum or even in game, through the Support Request (with evidences such as printscreens). ^^ We're always glad to help. <3

4 minutes ago, SneakyTeddi said:

I'm sorry you and your friends are dealing with such thing. We do our very best to keep the community healthy and nice for everyone, what Gilan said is pretty accurate on how I see the situation as well.

That's why everytime you or anyone feel harrassed or bullied in some way, you're always free to report them for us. Like Kizhaz said, our first recommendation is always to block the person. If they keep insisting, the reports can be made in this section in our forum or even in game, through the Support Request (with evidences such as printscreens). ^^ We're always glad to help. <3

Thank u for the info. ^^

• Teddiursa locked and unlocked this topic