Can't get my pokemon back after trading

Hello,

I tried to find this in the Faqs and general restrictions for trading but I did not find anything of the sort. I play pokemmo with a friend and we reached the pokemon league. He had trouble trying to beat the elite four so I lend them some of my pokemon temporarily to help him. When he was trying to give them back to me a weird message appears saying that pokemon have accumulated experience and should be leveled up or something before trading. I did not know there was a restriction like that and I never found it described anywhere else, so please could someone explain me what does it mean and what should I do to get my pokemon back?

Many thanks in advance,

Joel

14 minutes ago, Dream3ater said:

When he was trying to give them back to me a weird message appears saying that pokemon have accumulated experience and should be leveled up or something before trading.

After reaching the level capped by max obedience limit (visible in trainer card), any more exp that is earned is stored. Pokemon with stored EXP cannot be traded. For it to become tradable again, your friend needs to beat the next gym and gain some EXP to make it release the stored EXP and make it level up. It will become tradable after that.

37 minutes ago, Lightningvolt said:

After reaching the level capped by max obedience limit (visible in trainer card), any more exp that is earned is stored. Pokemon with stored EXP cannot be traded. For it to become tradable again, your friend needs to beat the next gym and gain some EXP to make it release the stored EXP and make it level up. It will become tradable after that.

But it says they were doing the E4? So no more gyms

Thank you both,

But after beating the E4 and the champion, there is no level capping anymore, right? This was in kanto, first region we have been. So all he needs to do is train the pokemon somewhere else (maybe beating E4 and champion again, or just fighting random trainers)?? If so, is there a way to know how much stored EXP we need?

Thanks again,

30 minutes ago, Dream3ater said:

Thank you both,

But after beating the E4 and the champion, there is no level capping anymore, right? This was in kanto, first region we have been. So all he needs to do is train the pokemon somewhere else (maybe beating E4 and champion again, or just fighting random trainers)?? If so, is there a way to know how much stored EXP we need?

Thanks again,

After beating the Kanto league, your friend's level cap should have been removed. When your pokemon's level is capped by the max obedience, the excess exp. will become stored exp. and therefore making it untradable. All he needs to do is release the stored exp in the pokemon in one single battle for it to become tradable again. How much stored exp. it has does not matter.

1 hour ago, Deviluke said:

After beating the Kanto league, your friend's level cap should have been removed. When your pokemon's level is capped by the max obedience, the excess exp. will become stored exp. and therefore making it untradable. All he needs to do is release the stored exp in the pokemon in one single battle for it to become tradable again. How much stored exp. it has does not matter.

^Exactly this.

So after your friend beats the league, all he needs to do is beat a wild Pokemon with it and all the stored exp will turn into real exp.