Find Me If You Can! (Friday, 22nd February)

Teddiursa

1402633843306.gif

Find Me If You Can!

This little tricky fox wants to play with us!

"Whoever finds my strongest friend hiding in the forest will have my respect forever he he he!", it said.

So, are you ready to beat their tricks and be this Zorua's new master? :)

Date & Time

Friday, 22nd February | 11pm UTC -  6pm EST -  8pm BRT | Time Zone Converter

Lostlorn Forest, Unova - Channel 3

Duration

1 hour for catching 

Another 10 minutes for players to submit entries

Scoring

Total Sum of IVs + Nature Bonus = Total Score

Pokémon accepted as valid entries

zorua.pngZorua

Nature Bonus
Timid +5

Rules

• To win 1st-3rd places that are sorted by high to low, you need to submit an entry that scores the highest
  • To win 4th place you need to submit an entry that scores the lowest
  • You can only submit one entry
  • All Pokémon must be caught within the event time and at the event location
  • All Pokémon must remain unchanged (untrained/unevolved...)
    • Evolved or unevolved forms of the listed Pokémon will not be accepted as a valid entry
  • You must be the OT of the Pokémon
  • You must link your entry to any participating staff member via whisper to submit it
  • In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by earliest catch time

Participating Staff

SneakyTeddi

Linfanz

Dibz

Wudenbachs

First Place Prize

zorua.gif

GIFT Zorua

Your choice of nature, four moves, with IVs 3x31 & 3x30

&

1,000,000 Pokeyen OR 1,000 Reward Points

Second Place Prize

500,000 Pokeyen OR 500 Reward Points

Third & Fourth Place Prize

250,000 Pokeyen OR 250 Reward Points

6 hours ago, SneakyTeddi said:

Are you funny like that by nature or you have a degree for that, razor? 

Please, if I had a degree for that I would also be in crippling debt and financial depression because I'm American.

Edited by Guest

37 minutes to go yay!

Protip: If you encounter a wild Pokemon that looks like either of these, it's probably a Zorua in disguise

Image result for zorua art   Good luck everyone! ♥ Zorua yay by LazyOrca

Also, if you haven't encountered a Zorua before and would like to know how, here's a few hunter's tips:

Spoiler

1. Zorua can be found in Lostlorn Forest, mostly hiding in hordes, so bring a Pokemon that knows Sweet Scent for a much easier time finding one!

2. Zorua's ability is Illusion, which means it is usually disguised as another Pokemon. Doing any damage to it will make it reveal itself. For that, I'd recommend a Pokemon with a low level or low attack stat that knows an AoE move such as Surf, Earthquake etc. as it'd save a lot of time. Just make sure it's weak enough to not KO the Zorua. False swiping the horde once each works too. 

3. KO the other two Pokemon in the horde and catch the Zorua!

Spoiler

PROTIP: Zorua can only copy another Pokemon's look, not its moveset, so if a Swadloon or another Pokemon uses Fake Tears or another move it shouldn't know, it's either the rarest Swadloon ever or a Zorua in disguise. 

Edited by Dibz
Added catching tips
9 minutes ago, SneakyTeddi said:

Headache probably Lots of love in your life!

Hide contents

I'm jk Dibz you know I luv ya <3

Both, I'm a two-in one combo! :D Just ask @Bearminator

Also, I added a few Zorua hunting tips in my comment above if anyone wants to know how to catch those sneaky lil puppers:

25 minutes ago, Dibz said:

Also, if you haven't encountered a Zorua before and would like to know how, here's a few hunter's tips:

Hide contents

1. Zorua can be found in Lostlorn Forest, mostly hiding in hordes, so bring a Pokemon that knows Sweet Scent for a much easier time finding one!

2. Zorua's ability is Illusion, which means it is usually disguised as another Pokemon. Doing any damage to it will make it reveal itself. For that, I'd recommend a Pokemon with a low level or low attack stat that knows an AoE move such as Surf, Earthquake etc. as it'd save a lot of time. Just make sure it's weak enough to not KO the Zorua. False swiping the horde once each works too. 

3. KO the other two Pokemon in the horde and catch the Zorua!

Reveal hidden contents

PROTIP: Zorua can only copy another Pokemon's look, not its moveset, so if a Swadloon or another Pokemon uses Fake Tears or another move it shouldn't know, it's either the rarest Swadloon ever or a Zorua in disguise. 

First Place Prize

Staggiie - 152 points

Second Place Prize

Astatho - 148 points

Third & Fourth Place Prize

Renegan - 147 points
&
HyNord - 40 points

I also would like to thank my amazing refs @Dibz, @Wudenbachs, @LeZenor, @Linfanz and @Edniss

You guys were amazing as always. ^_^

Thanks everyone who participated in our first ever Zorua event, it was fun! :D And congratulations to the winners! :3
See you in the next event! <3